Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-16-2010, 02:45 AM #1
littlemimus

getting back in

so im getting back into paintballing and times are tough. i already own a .68 spyder sonix. thats why im considering getting a .50 cal milsim micro 50 or a spyder. no. im not getting it because im afraid to get shot or something. i just wanna play for fun with friends. id like to save money on paint. the concerns i have with playing with .50 is parts. is there alot of barrel options? triggers? stuff like that.

do i need a special hopper? or can i use an halo b ripdrive hopper?

sorry for the noob questions but i feel kinda lost lol. again im not trying to say this gun vs. this gun im just asking what u think about playing with 50. and is there good aftermarket support?

also idk whats the big fuss over this. its like skateboarding some wheels are 52 mm some are 50 mm. different size boards, and different abec bearings. from what ive read no one is saying we will eliminate .68 so why u guys freaking out? lol. i dont see how having more options could hurt the community.

Last edited by littlemimus : 09-16-2010 at 02:48 AM.
littlemimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2010, 09:42 AM #2
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Barrel choices are limited at this time, triggers dont have much of an effect but as far as upgrades for the .50 cal guns that are out, there doesn't seem to be any at this time.

You'll need to get a .50 cal loader, depending on how much you pay it may cost you more to get the equipment than what you'd end up saving so you might want to look into it a little bit before making the switch.

also realize that you may not be able to get the .50 cal paint at your local store with out special ordering it in advance.

It took me about 4 cases for the .50 cal to pay itself off for me, and then I sold the conversion kit & loader when I was done with it, so overall I actually saved a lot of money.

It'll be harder to resell a .50 cal spyder / entry level milsim then it would be a regular .68 at this time so I wouldn't count on being able to get any money back on the gun in the future if you decide you dont want it anymore
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 AM #3
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 plays in the PSP
noclue119 plays in the MiLP
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
if you want to save money use a pump.

If you want new cool gadgets that may or may not be around in 5 years get the 50 cal.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote