Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2013, 04:04 PM #1
Fighter101

airsoft Help

I know this is a paintball site. But im about to get a King arms colt m4 ultra grade and am deciding what battery to get. I heard that a 9.6 battery can mess up your gun if you gun isn't strong enough but alot of people use them.
I am planing on using this gun for about 3 years so i need it to last!
Fighter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2013, 05:00 PM #2
El Chance Libre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter101 View Post
I know this is a paintball site. But im about to get a King arms colt m4 ultra grade and am deciding what battery to get. I heard that a 9.6 battery can mess up your gun if you gun isn't strong enough but alot of people use them. I am planing on using this gun for about 3 years so i need it to last!
King arms makes good guns. Only battery that can really damage a gun is a lipo on a **** gearbox and that's only if you just hold down the trigger forever. It's the heat from the friction that tears them up. Burst fire is your friend with any gun
Old 04-21-2016, 09:59 PM #3
MK20Niner

Should vs. can

Can you? yes
Should You?
- If you're concerned about longevity of your guns parts, then play it safe. Stick with user manual recommendations, and limit your internal modifications.

- A stronger than recommended battery will cause increased stress on your gearbox, motor, and trigger mech. Much much more so when you shoot full auto. A higher voltage than recommended battery will not increase gun performance other than rate of fire.
Using a higher than recommended battery is, in my opinion, a backwards way to upgrade. Better to use the proper battery to support the system as it was designed rather than rebuilding a system piece by piece thats trying to withstand too much voltage.
MK20Niner is offline   Reply With Quote