Community Focus

Old 04-06-2010, 04:21 AM #1
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
unconsistant velocity on pow mia

hi all

my friend's pow mia geo is experiencing really inconsistent velocities... it goes from 280 to more than 300 and then.... less than 200...

our team lost a game when the gun was chronoed at 321 , so i need a little help because we have a tourney next sunday

he has the GST kit, and the airtank is HP

where should i start the investigation? HPR orings ?

Last edited by Manu#12 : 04-06-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:49 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The first things that I would suggest are re-setting the dwell (14.5ms is stock equivalent for the ST Kit), changing the battery and servicing the inline reg.

In particular, pay attention to the seat seal on the tip of the piston - check that it is clean and undamaged - and the reg seat, which is the port on the tip of the reg pressure adjuster - make sure that this is clean and isn't scratched or dented.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:16 AM #3
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
^^ agreed. Start with the simplest and move up from there. Make sure you bumped up your dwell to allow the GST to operate correctly and then change your battery, ensuring you only use a high quality one. After that check your inline by cleaning and re-lubing your piston and replacing its oring. Then as Uziel also said, a lot of velocity fluctuations come from the reg seat being bad - which is the top oring on the velocity adjuster screw. Clean it all and replace orings as necessary.

Also, make sure your bolt oring is the proper 14x2 size. Lots of strange GEO problems can be attributed to people not using the right oring here.

Also check your FSDO settings if the first shot at the chrono reg'd in at 320...if you correct the problem elsewhere in teh gun and have adjusted FDSO to compensate for last weekend's performance, be sure to reset that to stock
Old 04-06-2010, 08:23 AM #4
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thx gentlemen, i will try these and tell you
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote