PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-05-2010, 05:52 PM #1
avkovale
Awaiting Email Confirmation

OLED Board for DM6?

Hey I am trying to decide on an OLED board for my DM6.

I have heard the grips for the Virtue are better but you need an extra adapter for the updates.

I have heard the tadao board is easier to program and the OLED displays more important info and can be updated and changed to personal preference.

Lastly, do I really need an OLED screen for the DM6 it seems like it would be a great thing to have plus having the USB would be nice for playing purposes.

I am looking to get an oled board and virtue eyes for the dm6 that way I can use it as my main gun for a long time coming.

Thanks for all the advice.
avkovale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM #2
JB Cerberus
Almost Famous Paintball

JB Cerberus is a Paintball photographer
JB Cerberus posts videos on PbNation
Well, I would definitely recommend the Tadao. It's easy to use, and it's the one that I've seen work every time. Also, the great thing with these OLED boards, is that they will fit on any DM with an Ultra-Light frame, such as the DM6, 7, 8, 9, etc. so if you upgrade to a new gun, you can still use your OLED board. I personally don't see any benefit of having Virtue Eyes in any gun, all they really do is allow you to see pretty colors when the hopper is off.
JB Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:09 PM #3
wgpballer5
Cannabis Corpse

wgpballer5 supports Team VICIOUS
Tadao. Mainly because they never spammed PBN with fake reviews. Plus Will is just a generally nice guy.
wgpballer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:23 PM #4
eos356
Eclipse Geo

eos356 helped look for balloons
eos356 is playing at Living Legends III
eos356 supports Team VICIOUS
eos356 supports Bob Gurnsey
I'll chuck my favor in with Tadao. Excellent product.
-Alex

Set up a game in the kitchen, that should be an environment she feels comfortable in."
eos356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM #5
avkovale

It seems to me that the only real advantage to the Virtue board is the sticky grips and thats about it.

The boards seem pretty identical but ive head a lot of complaints about the grips that come with the tadao boards.

Also, are laser eyes worth the money to upgrade?

Last edited by avkovale : 04-06-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:05 PM #6
proto06

laser eyes are a cheap replacement part..if it aint broke dont fix it...i like the virtue board...idc about them spamming the nation with fakes reviews like 4 years ago...i like virtue simply because of them grip they r hard plastic grips that crack if u over tighten them...on that note all my guns have tadoa boards because thats how they came when i got them..my victory borg rx an all my timmy's have infamous boards...no matter what one you get it will serve the purpose so get which ever one u like not what people on here say is better
Danny Tiljack Fan Club member #14
Max Lundquist Fan Club membver #66
Matty Marshall fan club member #66
proto06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 PM #7
PBisLyfe21

id say get it if your looking to play in a league where its necessary to hvae a certain firing mode ie.. PSP MXL So on so on its alot of dough otherwise
PBisLyfe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:22 PM #8
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
I say go with the ape oled. It's only $129.95 (with grips)

[Captain Oring]

nealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 PM #9
no limit 06
steve adys an infraction

no limit 06 plays in the USPL
no limit 06 plays in the PSP
no limit 06 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpballer5 View Post
Tadao. Mainly because they never spammed PBN with fake reviews.
Something that happened in 2005, before Virtue was even named what they are today, is a decision maker?

Both OLED boards are pretty much the same with different programming. Virtue comes with rubber grips, tadao comes with plastic.

Both are USB downloadable, its pretty much preference.

Im not sure about Tadao but Virtue does have a pretty solid lifetime warranty with techs available during the week to help you out if you run into anything
Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM #10
avkovale

Has anyone used the APE Rampage boards?

I have read they are great boards and for a great price.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:59 AM #11
r0y7h31n4n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by no limit 06 View Post
Something that happened in 2005, before Virtue was even named what they are today, is a decision maker?
Just because it happened a long time ago doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Also, in response to the post above, both Tadao and Virtue board both have a warranty for life. From what I understand, Tadao has more options to change for people who really want to tinker with their gun settings, while the virtue is a little simpler with preset modes to set-and-forget.

Personally, though, I'd have to say go with the Tadao.
r0y7h31n4n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 AM #12
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Before I say anything, I'd just like to make it clear that I own both Virtue and Tadao products (Virtue OLED in a Shocker and a Geo, Tadao Yakuza in an E-Blade, Ego7, Ego8 and a PM8) and have been very happy with both products.

That being said.....

It's true that both companies have a lifetime warranty, but purely from personal experience, I have found Virtue have been quicker to respond to warranty issues, and to be more liberal in how they apply their warranty.

Both boards have plenty of adjustments - there are some the Tadao board has that the Virtue board doesn't, but equally, the Virtue board has some features and adjustments that the Tadao board doesn't.

Probably not important to most people, but the Virtue board allows you to cycle through all modes in select-a-mode, while the SF firmware for the Tadao board allows you to switch between three modes. The Virtue board also has it's training drills, which is something the Tadao board doesn't have. Whether anyone really uses them is another matter.....

Both boards can be updated by the owner, though as mentioned above, you do need a USB adapter kit for the Virtue board, whereas the USB range of Yakuza boards just need a common USB to Mini USB B cable. The original Yakuza boards cannot be updated by the user.

I'm sure I could rattle on about both boards for longer, but the point is that they are both good boards, both from companies that support their products, both have a wide range of modes and adjustable parameters. Both have strengths and weaknesses in comparison to the other, and while similar in some respects are different in others. I would suggest having a close look at the feature sets of both boards, and decide from there which is best for your needs.

Touching briefly on the APE board, I have used their boards in other markers (Shocker and Quest), but have not had a chance to use their OLED board. My APE boards were older, from the time when switching on the tournament lock automatically switched your board in to an entirely locked out, preset, tournament specific mode (the actual mode that the board switched in to was of course adjustable). This meant turning on the tournament lock would automatically lock the marker to 15bps, and there was no way to change that without returning the board to APE for an update. Being in the UK, that's a bind for me, and I've never got around to sending the boards in. That was the only thing I disliked about my APE boards. Other than that, an issue that has been resolved with later boards (I believe now that all parameters are locked out by the tournament lock OTHER than the rate of fire adjustment), I really liked the features and wide ranging adjustability of the APE boards.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:18 PM #13
WhiteWilly
LACE UP!!!

WhiteWilly plays in the PSP
WhiteWilly plays in the APPA D3 division
Okay, I am currently going through an issue with 4 Tadao Mikko OLED Boards. My board and 3 of my teammates who have the same thing. The UL Board keeps shutting off and only way to turn it back on is to remove the battery and plug it back in. I contacted Tadao and they said send them in. I go to send them in and Tadao wants you to pay $9 for return shipping. I then contacted Virtue and asked if they charge the same fee and they said they would (if it was a Virtue OLED Board) just send me a new harness and if it didn't fix the problem I'd send it in and there is no return shipping fee.

While the Tadao board definetly is a great board (when it work properly) I just can't have that issue when I get to the start box and go to turn my gun on. Also the Virtue board has the Drills Mode.

My opinion: Virtue is better than Tadao.
Worcester Rush - #11
AllStarr Paintball, Fox4 Paintball

IMPOWER CLOTHING CO.
WhiteWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM #14
Bergmana11

I just got the OLED board and its a great board! only have scrimmaged with it once but it worked good. At one point in a game i did have some studdering when shooting and i wasnt sure if it was the board or my rotor. The programming with the virtue is simple and fast. Nvr used a tadeo so idk about them
Bergmana11 is offline   Reply With Quote