connors14

connors14 plays in the PSP
connors14 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
connors14 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
connors14 plays in the APPA D4 division
I'd bet good money its tour myth reg
Old 04-06-2010, 10:32 AM #44
Snakeorbust

But my ego 8, pikkadoll, and karni pump are all running just fine off of it, so it through me off. Could that really be the problem?

Ok, the weirdness just begins, I guess. I just tried the stock internals, and had no problem whatsoever. I feel like a complete idiot for not doing that sooner. Gonna switch back to gst one more time just to make sure.

EDIT! Ok so it is definitely the well lubed with egrease gst kit. Anyone heard of this one before?

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 04-06-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Double post.
Snakeorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:48 AM #45
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Nicky obviously has some ideas as to what could be happening if it is the ST Kit at fault, as appears to be the case (can pin hole too large perhaps, and allowing too much air to vent when the solenoid cycles, or maybe swollen o-rings on the can or bolt), so no doubt he'll contact you or post what is happening there.

However, despite the fact that you don't seem to be having any issues with the stock bolt kit, the fact is that in stock configuration, the Geo has been specifically designed for use with an HP output tank, and the use of a mid output air system like the Myth can lead to issues, particularly in relation to getting good velocity.

Might be worth testing your marker with an HP output air system, if you can get hold of one, just to see if it makes any difference.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:53 AM #46
Snakeorbust

I didn't mean any disrespect whatsoever by my post, I was just trying to see if I were one of the few. I will definitely try it with a more high output tank at the field this weekend. The reason I asked about the gst was I was hoping someone could tell me whether it was some kind of user error, or if I need a new one without having to bother Nicky again. I'm sure he's got a lot on his plate over at PE, and adding to that list just doesn't feel right to me.

Last edited by Snakeorbust : 04-06-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Snakeorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:06 AM #47
Uziel Gal

Oops, apologies if I sounded like I may have taken offence at your previous posts - that certainly wasn't the case! Just the way I come across I guess. I was just backing up connors post about the Myth reg. LP is basically a no-no with the Geo without the LP spring installed inside the Geo's inline reg, and MP is touch and go.

Very briefly (I've written more detailed explanations elsewhere if you want the full SP), the Geo's inline reg output will vary somewhat depending on the input pressure, so the reg's output pressure has been set so that the high end of the adjustment range is at a level that the solenoid can handle when using the tank that will give the highest output pressure - the HP output tank. If the reg could give a high enough pressure when used with an LP output tank, if you then switched to an HP output tank without adjusting the reg, you might send too much pressure to the solenoid.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:20 PM #48
Snakeorbust

Haha I know what you mean about coming across wrong sometimes. Thanks to your advice I just ordered the lp spring for the reg. And I was also advised to take a straight pin or needle and make sure the hole behind the cam was clear out, so I'm about to try that.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 PM #49
connors14

connors14 plays in the PSP
connors14 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
connors14 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
connors14 plays in the APPA D4 division
be carefull once you install the lp spring if you put a hp tank on the gun it will most likely blow your noid. also once you install it turn the reg all the way down then chrono the marker
Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 PM #50
Snakeorbust

Yeah, I've heard that one. Just to get it straight so there is no chance of screwup:
1) Install spring
2) Turn reg all the way in
3) Gas marker
4) 1/2 turns until desired velocity

And will the lp spring have any trouble with a myth reg? If so I'll go ahead and buy a ninja reg.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:42 PM #51
bmpnugls

bmpnugls plays in the PSP
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
bmpnugls supports Team VICIOUS
As they have said...I would be 99.999% sure it's your Myth reg...you need to get the HP conversion kit for it...as right now it's at 650psi from the factory and will run most any other gun EXCEPT Geo's will have a drop off - and not all the time only part of the time...(had this issue with two of my Geo's - and ever since changing the myth to HP output ~ 850psi...not one single problem since!)...

AND, as mentioned make sure your ASA pin isn't screwed all the way in or turn it back out 1/2 to a full turn as the ASA pin can go deep enough to block the output hole from the tank reg - - this too was an issue with one of my Geo's that drove me insane! for a while...
bmpnugls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:24 PM #52
bigballsofpaint

has been a member for 10 years
bigballsofpaint plays in the PSP
bigballsofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigballsofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
my ninja is mid output and i have never had an issue with it on my geo, but maybe im one of the lucky ones. I do not have the LP stuff installed unless the previous owner did without telling me. No dropoff or anything, on the contrary everyone on my team wonders why my geo shoots better than theirs...
A.P.S. --Rage A1, rage stiffi,3 piece eyes, magno kit -05 Speed- Bonzai Eclipse LED with Virtue
Misc -- Spanky Fishbone cocker -Empire Tracer --
Old GunsEclipse angle LED, 2x Angel LED, 06 Ego, Adrenaline Angel LCD, Stormtrooper Geo, Excaliber, Shocker 4x4
bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 AM #53
wAfflezzz

i had the backcap issue once...

SHAFT BARREL KIT FS
wAfflezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 AM #54
Snakeorbust

Got my lp spring and installed it. Went through the proper steps that we discussed for not damaging 'noid and..... same problem. I have no clue of what it could possibly be at this point. Oh, and I cleaned out the reg while I had it apart, so there is nothing I can possibly think of now. The stock bolt works fine; GST doesn't. Think it's time to buy a new ST kit?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 AM #55
Uziel Gal

I would say time to have a word with Nicky about it: -

nick.t@planeteclipse.com