Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2010, 10:16 PM #1
Sparky22

SLG 09 ul Bolt Stick

I know theres been many threads before talking about this, but i could not find them. Sorry for re asking a question.
I've loved my slg until yesterday when the bolt started to stick. I've tried cleaning and relubing everything which did not work. Every time i gas up the gun only the solenoid will click. When i try to take out the bolt afterwards it is very difficult. I usually have to jam it out with something. I know theres been talk of sanding down the bolt, but im a little hesitant as it will probably void the warranty. What are some other fixes i can try in the meantime before sending it in to dye?

Thanks
Sparky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM #2
Tempted (Banned)

Put a new battery in it.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 AM #3
Sparky22

Believe me thats the first thing i tried. I may have fixed it slightly. I was tinkering around with it last night and i found that if i start to turn the velocity up until it starts to cycle, then turn it back down it works fine. But there still seemed to be a few times that it stuck if i wasn't consistently shooting.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 PM #4
zjnollan
GTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Put a new battery in it.
... no help at all, good job, someone help this guy i have the same problem lol, i think it might either have something with either the bolt or composite body warping, im not really sure but it sucks, cause every one just says call dye, but im one of those people who likes to do it themself so i really hate sending guns out to be "teched"
zjnollan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:27 PM #5
Sparky22

i was playing around with it yesterday and i got it to work a little bit. I cleaned and relubed the bolt and then put some air in it and turned the velocity up high and it started to work. If i turned the velocity down it would still work but not consistently. I would be able to fire a few shots, but if i stopped firing for some time, it would stick again.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM #6
Eddieatdye

Eddieatdye works for a Paintball manufacturer
If you are having bolt stick issues please call in for an “RA” or return number to send the marker into the factory. We can give it a once over and get it fixed for you. Please call in to DYE directly 858-536-5183 ext 0. Tell the operator you need to speak with a gun tech to get an RA# for your UL SLG. The techs will get you taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky22 View Post
i was playing around with it yesterday and i got it to work a little bit. I cleaned and relubed the bolt and then put some air in it and turned the velocity up high and it started to work. If i turned the velocity down it would still work but not consistently. I would be able to fire a few shots, but if i stopped firing for some time, it would stick again.
Eddieatdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 PM #7
bjonespaintball23

yea my slg is doing this too i cant figure it out ive heard it could be the sear or something like that?
bjonespaintball23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:13 PM #8
Josh49

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjnollan View Post
... no help at all, good job, someone help this guy i have the same problem lol, i think it might either have something with either the bolt or composite body warping, im not really sure but it sucks, cause every one just says call dye, but im one of those people who likes to do it themself so i really hate sending guns out to be "teched"

Its not a matter of sending the gun out. If you call them they can give you some ideas of where to look since your not getting the answer your looking for here. I called when my bolt was pinching balls and they told me to check the color of detents the gun has then they told me to check the rear most o-ring and depending on the color replace it. They will try to walk you through some of the issues first before just telling you to send it in. I would give it a try. They are really cool to talk to and patient.