PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2010, 05:22 PM #1
avkovale
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Virtue or Tadao OLED for DM6

I am trying to decide whether to get an OLED Tadao or Virtue board

They look pretty identical. The sticky grips on the virtue makes it stand out a little bit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
avkovale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 04:27 PM #2
acuratech

acuratech owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Had a tadao oled(1st gen) on my dm6 and a virtue oled on my shocker. I prefer the tadao over the virtue just due to how the screen was laid out, and the information it showed was more relevent than all the crap that's on the virtue screen. Other than that the boards themselves behave identical. The grips on the other hand were a preference. I hated the virtue grips. They are very hard and not so sticky, the spd grips that came with my tadao oled were rather weird at first. But I came to like them more and more. Me personallly would go with the tadao because I like the screen layout more and the tadao has battery clips, which again is personal opinion.
acuratech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:10 PM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Both are good boards in their own right, and while both have similarities feature wise, there are differences, so I would strongly suggest having a good look at each boards manuals/feature list, and seeing if one has a feature you want that the other board doesn't.

As acuratech stated, there are also physical differences, and maybe you prefer spring steel battery clips over a wire harness, or would prefer one boards grips over the other.

One thing the Virtue has that the Tadao board doesn't is the training drills, but then, most people probably don't use them. The Virtue board also lets you switch though all the boards firing modes in select-a-mode, whereas the select fire firmware for the Tadao allows you to switch between three modes. Having said that, again, most people will never actually use these features.

One thing that may be worth considering is that the Virtue warranty tends to be more lenient than the Tadao warranty. Don't get me wrong, both companies stand behind their products, but Virtue are just more forgiving - you're less likely to unknowingly breach the conditions of the warranty.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:17 PM #4
Fall Rivers Finest

Fall Rivers Finest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fall Rivers Finest supports Team VICIOUS
Virtues customer service sucks I sent in a ion board from a customers gun a month went buy didn't hear anything I call they say they can't find the board cuz the techs area is such a mess...2 more weeks go buy and they tell me I have to buy a new board..lifetime warrenty huh virtue sucks
Fall Rivers Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 PM #5
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I've never had a problem with them myself.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 PM #6
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I prefer tadao, but honestly with the fact Will is converting his lines to USB that alone is worth it's own weight in gold since you can update online without having to send in for a flash.
Another thing that stands out in my eyes is that Tadao uses a similar base code for their lines but they're fine tuned for each marker whether it be a yakuza series timmy, ego, dm, or cocker board. Virtue just seems to take the same generic code and slap it onto it's entire line and doesn't fine tune the code for that marker. Probably one reason the boards come out so quickly and then get cheap so quickly.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 AM #7
avkovale
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It seems to me that the only real advantage to the Virtue board is the sticky grips and thats about it.

The boards seem pretty identical but ive head a lot of complaints about the grips that come with the tadao boards.

Also, are laser eyes worth the money to upgrade?

Last edited by avkovale : 04-06-2010 at 10:35 AM.
avkovale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 PM #8
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Unless laser eyes are stock on your marker like Cyborgs, Angels, etc, it's not worth the extra money.
As far as the grips, I actually really like the thin grips. I just never personally used them on the UL frames. You could always mod the stock sticky grips for a window though worst case.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote