Community Focus

Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 AM #1
eckolwarlock

eckolwarlock is playing at Living Legends VI
eckolwarlock owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
eckolwarlock supports Team VICIOUS
eckolwarlock supports DLX Technology
Sliding for no reason

Does anybody else feel like sometimes people slide for real no reason besides looking cool. I have been playing since the mid 90s and I have seen many many videos and I feel like at least once I video I think "that guy would have been better off just staying up and have his gun up. Maybe it is just me.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2010, 10:24 AM #2
dm8brian

sometimes you may not notice it but there are lanes coming at him. and the way to get around them is to slide or dive over or under. it just happens. some people do it to look cool. but i do it because i have too
dm8brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 AM #3
eckolwarlock

eckolwarlock is playing at Living Legends VI
eckolwarlock owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
eckolwarlock supports Team VICIOUS
eckolwarlock supports DLX Technology
Oh for sure I understand the lanes but I swear I see it where there is literally like 1 or 2 people left and the other teams has them fully bunkered down and people in the back are sliding. I totally get sliding about 90% of the time but sometimes I just wish the player would have kept there gun up. I guess I am just old school.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:36 AM #4
dm8brian

yea i guess it just really depends on the person. some people prefer to slide or dive into every bunker they move too, you kno? like from habit but i agree with what your saying, there are definetly those times when you need to keep your gun up.
dm8brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:20 PM #5
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
A lot of times the person that shoots at you as you reach a bunker is not someone you've been focusing on as you run. It may be someone on the opposite tape that sees the second half of your run and doesn't even start shooting you until you're almost at your bunker. If you slide whenever you make a move, you're less likely to get hit by people at the last second. They don't have to shoot at you the whole run to hit you as you reach your next bunker. Oftentimes you won't know they're shooting at you until the last second, when it's too late to slide. If sliding is an automatic response, you'll have better odds of staying alive.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:36 PM #6
iiEpiC_FaiL
I'm NOT Ben Stubbs

iiEpiC_FaiL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iiEpiC_FaiL supports Team VICIOUS
iiEpiC_FaiL is for the Gunfight
For practice I have people shoot at me as i move from bunker to bunker..its reaction practice for them...and sliding/movment practice for me... Try it sometime...youll think twice about making fun of people whom slide to every bunker.

on another note....people who do it because they think they are cool...are usually the one who look like d-bags doing it....usually eat **** when they slide...therefore making it funny for the rest of us.
iiEpiC_FaiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:24 AM #7
Texas_pump

I have two slides. I play snake a lot so most of them are dives. But almost every time I make a quick move to a bunker that I have not already used to shadow me I will use a feet first baseball style slide so I can get in low; stop quick, and pop up and get back to my feet to continue my objective.
You may see sliding as pointless sometimes, but if you look at it not sliding is just as pointless. As long as you get there alive it doesnt matter. Sliding or not, the goal is to move and not get eliminated.
Texas_pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 PM #8
crowderbop

I don't play much tourney but anytime you slide you make a smaller target. You cant always know who is throwing paint at you from where. Common Sense would dictate to play on the side of caution when in doubt. Is it worth not sliding if one out of 5 you get knocked out because you didn't? I think if you look like a *** for sliding 10 times when you didn't need to it would be worth it for the one time it kept you in the game. Baseball players don't have to bust *** to first on every hit but they train that way and do it every time for the one time it counts.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:22 PM #9
Purple_people_eaterZ
Lets play PAINTWARZ!

Purple_people_eaterZ plays in the PSP
Purple_people_eaterZ owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Purple_people_eaterZ plays in the APPA D4 division
It's a habit for me. Although I don't do it when theres 1-2 players left for them and we have 3+
Old 04-05-2010, 03:32 PM #10
g35x
Pump Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckolwarlock View Post
Does anybody else feel like sometimes people slide for real no reason besides looking cool. I have been playing since the mid 90s and I have seen many many videos and I feel like at least once I video I think "that guy would have been better off just staying up and have his gun up. Maybe it is just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckolwarlock View Post
Oh for sure I understand the lanes but I swear I see it where there is literally like 1 or 2 people left and the other teams has them fully bunkered down and people in the back are sliding. I totally get sliding about 90% of the time but sometimes I just wish the player would have kept there gun up. I guess I am just old school.
These days we actually shoot with our off hands, so we can afford a little extra sliding
g35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM #11
dimewitamind
"there is no spoon..."

its agg bro.
i am the opposite and need to slide more. lol.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 PM #12
IslandP8ntballer
Paintballin' in paradise

IslandP8ntballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
IslandP8ntballer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Some people dive/slide just to wipe paint after they're shot...
IslandP8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 PM #13
blitz121

blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandP8ntballer View Post
Some people dive/slide just to wipe paint after they're shot...
neva thought of it that way. at practice sometimes I slide to practice for the times I do need it....granted our field usually makes me eat it and bung up my tank

XTC social crew
Elite Sports
Elite Sports Complex
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:29 PM #14
pbforlife13

Diving is perfect for wiping hits! lol. i've seen guys play the D side and get shot up in the stomach and chest, but then superman dive for no reason to get rid of the hits. I think we see a lil bit more diving now, due to the discover of this idea. lol.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:18 PM #15
Cartoondirty

Slidings fun