Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2010, 08:47 AM #1
Dynasty178

Firefighter and Scuba Tank Question

I there im about to make a choice between buying a scuba tank or a firefighter tank ... I have a 50/4500 bottle and ive seen many Scuba tank to paintball tank adapter on the Internet but wich adapter should i use to fill a my paintball tank with a firefighter one also do a firefighter tank can fill a 3000PSI tank ?What is the best to buy between those two ? Thanks a lot

And if you can put me a link on where i could buy those firefighter Adapter to fill my tank that would be apreciated thanks a lot
Dynasty178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2010, 10:37 AM #2
tuffkix
Action Territory

tuffkix is playing at Living Legends III
Buy a regular Scuba tank. Usually they are cheaper to get filled, are larger, get filled to a higher pressure, and are cheaper to purchase and hydro.

Then just get a $20 adapter off eBay.
tuffkix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 PM #3
PaintballPunk7709

PaintballPunk7709 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffkix View Post
Buy a regular Scuba tank. Usually they are cheaper to get filled, are larger, get filled to a higher pressure, and are cheaper to purchase and hydro.

pretty sure firefighter tanks get filled to 4500 while scuba tanks are 3000. but scuba tanks are probably cheaper and easier to find
PaintballPunk7709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:09 PM #4
lead paint

lead paint supports Cereal Killerz 2
lead paint donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty178 View Post
I there im about to make a choice between buying a scuba tank or a firefighter tank ... I have a 50/4500 bottle and ive seen many Scuba tank to paintball tank adapter on the Internet but wich adapter should i use to fill a my paintball tank with a firefighter one also do a firefighter tank can fill a 3000PSI tank ?What is the best to buy between those two ? Thanks a lot

And if you can put me a link on where i could buy those firefighter Adapter to fill my tank that would be apreciated thanks a lot
Either way you go , you will get lots of fills

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffkix View Post

SCBA (firefighter bottles) tanks are less common, but not necessarily more expensive. SCUBA tanks would cost less to fill because they are a lower pressure. Most SCBA bottles are 4500 psi, SCUBA tanks are 3000 psi. The size of the SCBA vs. SCUBA is not standard. Some are bigger than others. The hydro cost is the same but typically SCUBA tanks are in much better condition because firefighting is very hard on gear.

certified NINJA
PTN
Sponsored by GI Sportz
Powered by DBS Paintball
lead paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:12 PM #5
Of_Death1980
Over there.

Of_Death1980 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
An scba(firefighter tank) will fill to 4500, the only problem is there arent many places that fill them.(unless you are friends with a firefighter) Scuba tanks are more readily available, definatly cheaper, easier to fill. They only get filled to 3000 though.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:20 PM #6
sarstony
SnipaStony

sarstony has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sarstony has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sarstony has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There are some SCBA bottles that are made at 3000PSI Like ISAs where as Scott SCBA Bottles are 4500. When using an SCBA bottle you need to be careful and make sure you get the right size especially when you go to refill it. each one also puts out and is refilled differently so you need to make sure you know what your doing with an SCBA. Fire Fighters are trained to use them and they are tricky. I speak from experience as a firefighter.
sarstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:34 PM #7
lead paint

lead paint supports Cereal Killerz 2
lead paint donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarstony View Post
There are some SCBA bottles that are made at 3000PSI Like ISAs where as Scott SCBA Bottles are 4500. When using an SCBA bottle you need to be careful and make sure you get the right size especially when you go to refill it. each one also puts out and is refilled differently so you need to make sure you know what your doing with an SCBA. Fire Fighters are trained to use them and they are tricky. I speak from experience as a firefighter.
get a few more posts and send me a pm.

certified NINJA
PTN
Sponsored by GI Sportz