Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2010, 09:35 AM #1
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

has been a member for 10 years
HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Geo/general info help...

Hello y'all, I have a bit of a dilema and was hoping to get some educated information/opinions about it. I was recently in a badddd car crash on my way to paintball and of course my geo was with me. I dented right along where the barrel threads are located on the top tip of the barrel entry port. The way it dented is that it makes a little lip bent inwards so you can't fit the barrel in. I wanted to know if anyone has had luck in the past fixing barrel threads or bending a bent part of a body and then rethreading it. I don't mind paying but think I should call planet and see if anything could be done or is body damage almost a dead end. The marker doesn't turn on but I know electrical components can be replaced, it's the bent lip on the body that I'm worried about. If I can post a pic I will but I'm kinda limited right now on my online technogy so I tried being as detailed as possible. Any info is greatly appreciated.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
HostileIntent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2010, 10:07 AM #2
SmartPartsIsAJoke
U.S. Army

SmartPartsIsAJoke plays in the PSP
SmartPartsIsAJoke plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileIntent View Post
Hello y'all, I have a bit of a dilema and was hoping to get some educated information/opinions about it. I was recently in a badddd car crash on my way to paintball and of course my geo was with me. I dented right along where the barrel threads are located on the top tip of the barrel entry port. The way it dented is that it makes a little lip bent inwards so you can't fit the barrel in. I wanted to know if anyone has had luck in the past fixing barrel threads or bending a bent part of a body and then rethreading it. I don't mind paying but think I should call planet and see if anything could be done or is body damage almost a dead end. The marker doesn't turn on but I know electrical components can be replaced, it's the bent lip on the body that I'm worried about. If I can post a pic I will but I'm kinda limited right now on my online technogy so I tried being as detailed as possible. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear about the car crash, I hope you are alright. The best thing to really do is call planet. They'll def. work with you and help get your gun fixed. It sounds like it's very minor in the damage and a simple swap of the electronics will get it working. As for the threading I"m sure they could retread it no problem. Call Gerry Bates at the RI office and I'm sure he'll do his best to help you out.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:16 AM #3
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

has been a member for 10 years
HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thanks man. Yeah I'm gonna give em a call. Just seeing if it was even able to be done. Your right though minor work to the threaded area should do it. Thanks for the reasurence.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
HostileIntent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 PM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Hard to comment without seeing the extent of the damage.

Your best bet may be contacting Nicky T.

nick.t@planeteclipse.com
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote