PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:21 AM #1
PaintballNineFiveOne

>>Issue w/ Sean Walker and NPPL Affiliate<<

Just to give a quick briefing about what I am going to discuss, the "Complex" at Jungle Island in Lake Elsinore had a tournament on March 28th for free entry to NPPL Huntington Beach. Sean Walker has once again, proved to be immoral and display nothing but improper business ethics and disgrace to the paintball community.

Tournament held - http://www.paintball-blog.allpaintba...ournament.html

Alright, so here is the issue that arose, I'll try to keep it sweet and simple as I also hate reading a lot of stuff.. With that said..

- Only two teams showed up to this event, yes that's correct two. The winner out of the two teams gets free entry to Huntington Beach. A total of six games was supposed to be played with field purchased paint and the roster was to be of d3/d2 status. Meaning two division2 players allowed on the roster at max. With that said, the games began as no ID's were checked or any sort of verification at all asked for. Half way through the games (We were now playing 10 instead of six, I have no idea why) the score was 4-2. At which point we noticed "Robbie Pettinelli" from such teams as Russian Legion, Aftermath, and Balitimore Trauma, gearing up and ready to play. It just so happens that he was playing the previous games, all that which the other team had lost. However, since they lost two in a row, they decided to put Robbi back in the game. Now I'm not saying Robbi shot all seven people by all means but having the communication skills and knowledge of a pro player on the field and playing in the game is different then having him give you advice or tell you a strategy for the game then walking off the field. Anyhow, once he plays, sure enough the other team gets rolled, the team I was playing with. As soon as we noticed who this guy was (Robbi was wearing an old jt/wgp jersey with some other guys name on it) We talked to the field staff/ person in charge of operations. Both team captains met to discuss the matter and the captain of Robbi's team admitted to "Knowing they had an illegal roster going into the event." With that said, from my understanding, they had the intent of cheating and were more then successful in doing so. The staff of the event agreed and said he will call Sean Walker to see what shall come of the situation. Sean then pretty much literally stated that it didn't matter and just play best of 3 now and start from scratch. Robbie Pettinelli also informed us that he was told it was quote "ok to play the event from Sean Walker." The complex had a deal with NPPL to give a free entry in return for letting the referees get a feel for the layout. On top of an illegal roster, the team (individuals from Sean Walkers Camp Pendelton Paintball Park) were not even shooting "orange" event paint. All 100% of them had blue fill premium and not the orange XO paint that was sold and being advertised. After the legitimate team who actually paid for entry and bought field paint as the rules stated, Sean now had the nerve to tell them to take it or leave it. We (the team who is getting BS'd) wanted to leave asking for more then nothing but our entry fee back as we were upset of the outcome and didn't want to continue with play as we didn't have enough paint and were low on funds to purchase more. Also, we obviously didn't agree with Sean's ruling as he stated that it "doesn't matter that they have an illegal roster, they still aren't disqualified". As he said the NPPL rulebook said so. That's very odd I thought, here the NPPL Rulebook states something that I though was of relevance..

- 23.08 Disqualification plus Forfeiture. A team will be disqualified from an NPPL Super 7 World Series tournament and will forfeit all points from the tournament to respective opposing teams for the following Rules violations:
(1) Prohibited Player. Playing with a prohibited player (due to the player not appearing on the roster, appearance on another teamís roster, suspension or other ineligibility).

Also, another one for paint that's not of much importance but just for fun

- 23.06 One-Year Suspension. Any player or team that violates Rule 21.07 shall be prohibited from competing in any NPPL tournament for a period of up to one year from the date of the infraction. Examples of rules violations likely to lead to civil or criminal exposure include, but are not limited to the use of Prohibited Paint, velocity violations, and verbal or physical abuse.

Anyways, since they weren't going to give us our money back, we were forced to play after we thought we had an agreement out of Robbi Pettinelli's mouth saying that they don't care who wins and we will be awarded free entry to HB as long as we stay and practice them because they drove up here (from Sean's Camp Pendelton Park) just to scrimmage us. After Robbi's team got caught riding dirty, they went back on there word and we lost the first 2 games which led to us losing the event. Although Robbi didn't play as he was now "informed" of the rules, these games shouldn't have even have been played and were only done since we were given a "all or nothing" situation.

There is so much more to say but typing and reading on the internet isn't something I enjoy as I'm sure you do as well. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post up and I will respond promptly. With this said,

Sean Walker, you are a shady individual that most have come to not respect in the Paintball community. Your business ethics is unethical and you have constantly proven to create huge upsets for many people whether big or small. I feel it's very unfortunate for the paintball community to have such an individual as you represent a big role in the industry. You have again and again showed your are incapable of such a task and ultimately only hurting our sport. If you at all had a heart, sole, or ethical business practices, you would have done what was right instead of lying and swindling the legitimate team.

Here is the link to the original thread in the South West Forums.
- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3353909
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2010, 09:20 AM #2
Vinh2599
-|918|-

Vinh2599 plays in the PSP
Vinh2599 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Vinh2599 plays in the APPA D3 division
Vinh2599 supports DLX Technology
I might be wrong but I was under the assumption that Sean Walker had nothing to do with the NPPL anymore and he has his own series called the RPL. With that being said how would he have any pull in the NPPL?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:18 AM #3
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

BrHero225 plays in the PSP
BrHero225 is Legendary
really sounds whiny... do you need some cheese with that whine?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:30 AM #4
freeXbird
SUNS OUT GUNS OUT

freeXbird plays in the USPL
freeXbird supports Cereal Killerz 2
freeXbird plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrHero225 View Post
really sounds whiny... do you need some cheese with that whine?
there is no excuse for cheating. I can see where he is coming from. No need for a comment like that. Thats unbelievable that the NPPL wont do anything. It clearly states the rules in THEIR rule book...
NEW YORK EVIL NAPL 11'
HORNETS NEST RUBBER DUCKIES
Old 04-02-2010, 10:56 AM #5
ego 321

ego 321 plays in the USPL
ego 321 donated to help Peyton Trent
ego 321 helped look for balloons
ego 321 supports Team VICIOUS
ego 321 is for the Gunfight
ego 321 plays in the APPA D4 division
u should contact frank or chuck.
Indianapolis Mutiny fan Club #17 MUTINY ARMY 4 LIFE
VICIOUS
Old 04-02-2010, 11:22 AM #6
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
This has nothing to do with the NPPL, but everything to do with Sean. I believe that Chuck should know about this situation, but for a pro player to be playing D3 in a tournament is pretty lame, and the team should have been DQ'd as soon as this was brought up.

Also, what is the point of making an even FPO and then, you get to use your own paint?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 AM #7
RenegadeLegion4
F8 and be there!-Photomob

has been a member for 10 years
RenegadeLegion4 is a Paintball photographer
RenegadeLegion4 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballNineFiveOne View Post
Although Robbi didn't play as he was now "informed" of the rules, these games shouldn't have even have been played and were only done since we were given a "all or nothing" situation.[/url]
Welcome to non-national level ball.

The promoters change the rules as they go. To be quite honest, most events will have a minimum amount of teams required for a certain prize to be honored. There were only two teams? Robbi didnít play, you got the do-over and you lost. It sounds pretty strait forward to me. Iím not defending Sean Walker here, but you didnít win, and trying to get 1st prize by ranting on the internet really isnít the solution. I learned early on that although supporting your local events is awesome, you really need to know who your working with to make sure you donít get burned. Your money is better spent putting it towards playing a legitimate event locally like the WCPPL, or by stepping up to play the NPPL on your dime. Please donít get me wrong, this sounds pretty shady, Iíd love to hear the other side. Had you won and he not honored the prize (which Iíve seen with other events in the past) Iíd be backing your argument, but you didnít win. /story, but time to move on!
Legion MOB : TIL I DIE Feedback
Old 04-02-2010, 11:49 AM #8
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

hmmm...maybe I misread, but I think Robbi did play the games previous to them letting the ppl running the tournament know
Old 04-02-2010, 12:33 PM #9
PaintballNineFiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeLegion4 View Post
Welcome to non-national level ball.

The promoters change the rules as they go. To be quite honest, most events will have a minimum amount of teams required for a certain prize to be honored. There were only two teams? Robbi didnít play, you got the do-over and you lost. It sounds pretty strait forward to me. Iím not defending Sean Walker here, but you didnít win, and trying to get 1st prize by ranting on the internet really isnít the solution. I learned early on that although supporting your local events is awesome, you really need to know who your working with to make sure you donít get burned. Your money is better spent putting it towards playing a legitimate event locally like the WCPPL, or by stepping up to play the NPPL on your dime. Please donít get me wrong, this sounds pretty shady, Iíd love to hear the other side. Had you won and he not honored the prize (which Iíve seen with other events in the past) Iíd be backing your argument, but you didnít win. /story, but time to move on!
Thank you for your input. The winner of the event was supposed to be a best out of six match. When we arrived, they changed it to ten, which was fine, no complaints. When we started playing, we lost the first three in a row, after that, Robbie de-geared and didn't play the next two which we won. The score is now 3-2. The team saw they were losing without Robbie so he went back in, the 6th game, some stuff went down with a player running into a ref and among all the confusion of the game being stopped, a 1 on 1 was decided to be played. We won, now the score is 3-3. There is no such thing as "Finals" when two teams are playing" and even if there are, that is heavily besides the fact of what occurred here.

Sending our team to NPPL wouldn't cost Sean a single penny. He had an agreement with the NPPL to have their refs come and train for the layout / practice in time for HB, as the layout was HB. We wanted to leave after they wouldn't give us our refund asking for nothing more then our entry fee back.
RenegadeLegion4 - That is why we stayed and played the "best of three" they said there was no way we were getting our money back and we were given an all or nothing situation. Yes, we lost, but on their terms, which I'm pretty sure is illegal. Conducting business in such a way should be frowned upon obviously.

RenegadeLegion4 - Let me know if you have any further input, I would love to clear any fuzzy areas up.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM #10
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeLegion4 View Post
..... you got the do-over and you lost. .....
Not to argue too much, but assuming his story is accurate enough there should not have been a "do over". You can't be like "oops caught us cheating, lets do it over", it's the responsibility of the promoter to run an event properly. If you try to fix an event to a certain outcome you can't just keep changing rules as you go until your planned outcome prevails.

That or learn the lessons taught to us by OJ, tell a lie (cheat) and stick with it until the end, never adjusting it, no matter what facts come to light.

Ability is what youíre capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. ĖLou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
Old 04-02-2010, 02:14 PM #11
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM #12
vivalaconfederacy
El PRESIDENTE

vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
vivalaconfederacy supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
this made me LOL
He is extremely shady
XSV EGO9
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3264655
Old 04-02-2010, 02:30 PM #13
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

reminded me of a radio show I listen to
Old 04-02-2010, 03:04 PM #14
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaconfederacy View Post
**** Sean walker, that's right I said it......
I'm not arguing you point, nor your opinion.

You just shouldn't bypass the swear filter. If you're going to "say it", then say it, don't hide behind icons.

Ability is what youíre capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. ĖLou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 PM #15
got sto??
RAZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto333 View Post
This subject is dead. This is paintball. Get the **** over it. It has happened to everyone in competition paintball at least once in their careers. Wipe your eyes and sack the **** up. Are you going to be ruined for life over this? Not have you made a deal about this in the regional forums, But you are now in an event forum that had NOTHING TO DO with shaun or that specific event. Get a mo****ing life

This post was actually me, didn't know i was in as someone else

So direct responses towards me. Sorry preston

heart wins tournaments.
CHHHHAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSS

Goldenstatesports.com
razalife.com
Old 04-02-2010, 03:15 PM #16
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by got sto?? View Post

stfu you are a idiot for that previous post. He posted in this forum because the prizes were entry into NPPL, in which he stated was given to Sean in exchange for having his refs train on the HB layout. The man has a valid point even if its a two team tournament. Classed Divisions are made to eliminate obvious sand bagging. Just because he plays paintball and this **** happens a lot doesn't mean its right. If it happened to you, you'd be the next person in this forum crying about it so stop being a dick head and keep your dumb comments to yourself.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:28 PM #17
charmin
Austin PantheMan Setz #76

charmin plays in the PSP
charmin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
charmin plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by got sto?? View Post

you don't win much do you...
Old 04-02-2010, 03:40 PM #18
got sto??
RAZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmin View Post
you don't win much do you...

Win against you any day buddy

And everyone is entitled to their opinion....to the dude on the opposite coast

heart wins tournaments.
CHHHHAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSS

Goldenstatesports.com
razalife.com
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM #19
RenegadeLegion4
F8 and be there!-Photomob

RenegadeLegion4 is a Paintball photographer
RenegadeLegion4 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee72 View Post
Not to argue too much, but assuming his story is accurate enough there should not have been a "do over". You can't be like "oops caught us cheating, lets do it over", it's the responsibility of the promoter to run an event properly. If you try to fix an event to a certain outcome you can't just keep changing rules as you go until your planned outcome prevails.

That or learn the lessons taught to us by OJ, tell a lie (cheat) and stick with it until the end, never adjusting it, no matter what facts come to light.
I agree. "oops caught us cheating, lets do it over" sounds like what actually happened and what would have been agreed upon my the two teams involved. I wasn't there. I can't speak for either of the three parties involved. However, if you play an event that has noe proven it's legitimacy, you should expect the possibility of the following:

*Sandbagging
*Rules changing on the fly
*Bias
*and last but not least, promise of prizes that don't get paid out.

Just be careful who you're dealing with when you give them your money.
Legion MOB : TIL I DIE Feedback
Old 04-04-2010, 09:11 PM #20
ezekiel2517lim
One of the 5 best rappers

ezekiel2517lim plays in the PSP
ezekiel2517lim supports Cereal Killerz 2
ezekiel2517lim is an NCPA player
Wow that's some bull. Exactly the reason why the NPPL is better without sean walker.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 PM #21
DRIFTER7777
JHILL

DRIFTER7777 plays in the USPL
DRIFTER7777 plays in the PSP
DRIFTER7777 donated to help Peyton Trent
DRIFTER7777 plays in the APPA D4 division
OX AGGRSSN #17
OXCC
Closed Thread