PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2010, 11:03 PM #1
straightshocker4
aka Straightkilla20 6/08

straightshocker4 posts videos on PbNation
New to pump need help!!!

Hey guys. Im looking to get into pump. I play semi but I wanna try something new. Problem is I have no idea where to start. Im looking to play open class and have been looking on here in the pump BST but I dont know what any of it means. Im looking to get a decent pump with the thought being go big or go home. If I'm gonna try it I gonna get a real pump and not some piece of junk that will ruin the experience. With that said......Any suggestions?? I have cash, enough to get pretty much anything but why spend it all if I dont have to. So does anyone know any good websites where I can find a nice pump? Iv also been told that building a pump is more cost effective and more rewarding any truth to this? thanks for any help. btw gotta show some love to the pumpers cuz you guys dont berate people b/c someone like me doesn't know about pump, unlike some of the agglets that play semi (in case you didnt know there all pros.... )
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2010, 11:49 PM #2
Joe Trumbo

Joe Trumbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well for starters building your own makes makes it a little closer to home. On top of that it can be more cost effective. If you wanted to start off with the basic get a trilogy off bst or build your own. Now as you want to start off better, look into a ccm t2 or s6. Expensive, but very nice... It come all down to what do YOU want to do and what is comfortable for you. In the end your gonna be the one behind the bunker not us.
WELCOME TO PUMP
Joe Trumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 PM #3
koreanese

if you got the money, hell, you can start by making your own. there are plenty of articles and videos on how to do so. this way you can make your gun exactly how you like it and its cheap!. i tried both CCM pump kit, pmp pump kit, wgp pump kit and some ghetto pump kit and it really doesnt matter what you got. i actually can pump faster with wgp pump kit. as in body wise, you can get it however you like. centerfeed, sidefeed, halfblock, midblock, whatever YOU want. now if you dont wanna build ur own then you can just go buy pump off paintball retail websites like paintballgateway.com

o yea autotrigger is for little school girls, thats why LA hitmans dont use it

Last edited by koreanese : 04-01-2010 at 11:59 PM.
koreanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 AM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I'm going to disagree and say that your first pump should be one that you buy ready to use. For one, you'll have it ready to play with and can immediately start getting the enjoyment of pump play. For another, if you haven't played with a pump for any length of time, how will you know what you want in a pump gun? Getting experience with a pre-built gun will inform your part selection when and if you decide to build one.

What's your budget, Straightshocker4?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 AM #5
snakeman34

try and find someone with a pump gun you can use for a couple games. Now i will warn you if you get your hands on a t2 or s6 and play with that you will not want to go to anything else. but get out there and try a couple guns
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM #6
Ego_Trip
✚ TK Crew ✚

Ego_Trip supports Team VICIOUS
Ego_Trip is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I would say an S6...

Not a fan of T2's... haven't had luck with them.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 AM #7
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
Not sure about building your own Sniper to be satisfying...but I guess everyone is different. I'd say find yourself an open class sniper. Either buy a mech and slap a pump kit on it or buy it with a pump installed. Or if you have the cash then go for the C6 or T2 if you really want to.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:18 AM #8
SneakyFox

CCM is the best of the best when it comes to pump, but just starting you don't need the best. I have a WGP Trilogy, which is really cheap BTW, with a pump kit and a nice barrel and I'm able to compete with CCMs and Phantoms no problem.

If I were you, I'd get a mid-range sniper and spend all of my left over money on playing.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM #9
XxCubakkaxX
Topgun/Allstar player

XxCubakkaxX plays in the PSP
XxCubakkaxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxCubakkaxX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
my favorite pump to use, and ive used the s6 and t2, is the system x vengence, idk why, its cheaper than the higher ends but throw a nice matched barrel on it and it will shoot darts all day long.

also remember its not the arrow its the indian, spending more money on playing than your actual marker is a good rule to follow

START FAST, FINISH STRONG

Last edited by XxCubakkaxX : 04-02-2010 at 11:08 AM.
XxCubakkaxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:20 AM #10
mikebanez

Went to Luis Sanchez picked up one of his incomplete SM-1 markers. Went directly to his shop, we pretty much put the thing together right there, just as satisfying i would say. I slapped on one of my own reg, asa, and grips and i was good to go. Marker was about 250$.
mikebanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 AM #11
peachesaretasty
Designated Designator

peachesaretasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesaretasty is for the Gunfight
Id go with a Trracer or a Maverick to start.
Gogged. Streetlife. Mafioso. Innova. LIE. Ironlak.
peachesaretasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:14 PM #12
Fatal Shock
Ian 'Fitty' Fitzgerald

Annual Supporting Member
i highly doubt any sniper or pump you culd buy for $200 would ruin your experience.

pumps are pumps for the most part.. it's the one behind the trigger that gets the kills; thats what pump is all about.

I wouldn't "go big or go home" with your first pump. There are SO many people who try it because they think they will like it, and that it is the answer to playing more for less.... needless to say NOT everyone likes pump after they try it..

for the sake of common sense, spend no more than $300 on your first pump (it seems like you are determined to like it, lol).

But i've noticed some "low end" pumps are just as good. My KP cost me about $220 total with upgrades.. i've had division players ask to try it out after a couple games.. it's super smooth and out performs most snipers i've owned in that price range.

Blastin' fools since '04
Fatal Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:15 PM #13
ChunderKing
Hard in the Paint

ChunderKing is playing at Living Legends III
ChunderKing is playing at Living Legends V
ChunderKing supports Pev's Paintball
ChunderKing is attending Decay of Nations VI
Get a t2 with the 86 frame on it with a 13ci tank and a 50 round pocket hopper, you will be lighter and snap faster then people rockin semi's with force feed hoppers, or get an autotriggered pump with a revi if u want the transition to pump to be a little easier, but if u want to get the full experiance you shouldn't use a 200 round hopper anyways

California Paintball Park player

1 of 25 krypton ice vice f/s/t
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3402075
ChunderKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:21 AM #14
nugget -1

nugget -1 plays in the PSP
nugget -1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nugget -1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nugget -1 is an NCPA player
a ccm or a autococker 04 and make it into a pump
nugget -1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:58 AM #15
BradReiner517
Who's Timmy?

for me, i tried playing stock class and open class first, and i just wasnt a big fan of open class, but i loved stock class. so i would suggest going out, and trying an open class pump, and a stock class pump for a few games and see what you like. then, for picking a gun, if you get a stock class setup, i would highly suggest getting a phantom, i love mine. and if your getting a open class setup, then you have a lot more options like snipers, and such. and if your looking for a inexpensive, but nice pump, then i would get a trilogy, traccer, or kaos pump. i hope this helps.
-Brad

If you would do ungodly, down right disgusting things for a Ripper G6r, put this in your sig.
"Originally posted by pedrofb19: Brad is the best."
BradReiner517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:57 PM #16
dubpaintball

Hey guys, what pump would you recommend for a newbie?

My favorite paintball sniper rifle supply.
dubpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 PM #17
BradReiner517
Who's Timmy?

it depends on how much you want to spend.

If you would do ungodly, down right disgusting things for a Ripper G6r, put this in your sig.
"Originally posted by pedrofb19: Brad is the best."
BradReiner517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:09 PM #18
wallify

With the "go big or go home montra" I would suggest getting your hands on a CCM. New or used they are great guns. If after playing with one for a while you decide you don't like pump as much as you thought you would they keep their value pretty well too so you wont be out that much in resale on it. Besides if your like most ballers I know you spent $ on one gun only to get a nicer one the next season, or dumped cash on "upgrades" might as well start at the top, and not waste time at the bottom.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM #19
Chase_Carstensen

thanks for the information guys, really appreciate it, keep on pumping
Chase_Carstensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:40 PM #20
dimewitamind
"there is no spoon..."

cci
Old 04-04-2010, 07:38 PM #21
ilovekitties
I love kitties

I was going to ask, What about the CCI Phantom?
Spyder Extra- Sold
Diablo Wrath- Sold
Diablo AR-1- Sold
Smart Parts Sp-1, Freak barrel
WGP Autococker-(Frankencocker)
ilovekitties is offline   Reply With Quote