PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2010, 04:15 PM #1
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

old imp help

ok got my imp today and the vertical ASA is loose and i cant get the reg off to tighten it up, how can i get it off or am i doing something wrong, also is there supposed to be a trigger spring cause there isnt one and the trigger feels weird
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2010, 04:39 PM #2
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

ok got the reg off, and also i cant get one of the detents off to clean it, the previous owner srtipped it out, and again is there supposed to be a trigger spring
Old 04-01-2010, 04:50 PM #3
Romulus1
Bill

If its a spring returned trigger then yes, if its magnetic, then no. You need to look at the back of the trigger itself to see if its a screw/bump to hold a spring in place or a magnetic tipped bump for resistance.

I would say use some vice grips to get the detent out, but be careful not to scratch the gun if you care about the paint, you could always break the detent out too using a screw driver or carefull drill it out, especially if your goin to replace them anyway
Romulus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:07 PM #4
J. Thompson #5150
Now with 20% more AWESOME

J. Thompson #5150 donated to help Peyton Trent
J. Thompson #5150 supports Team VICIOUS
An easy way to remove a stripped allen screw is to use a properly sized torx head screwdriver. The ridges of a torx bit will give it just enough bite to get the screw out.

To tighten the ASA, just remove the screw that's inside it and put some loctite on the threads. A light coat of grease on the o-ring would also be a good idea. Tighten it back down, and let it cure.

If you pull the trigger and there's a crisp snap to it though, it's likely a magnet return. If the trigger is in fact a spring return and you want a spring replacement, you can typically use a clicky pen spring, cut to length. You can also find springs at the local hardware store; just find the one that fits and has the weight you want, and use that.
J. Thompson #5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:16 PM #5
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

i dont know what kind it is but it is extreamly sloppy and i dont like it, so i should libe the o-ring on the vert ASA, i have a tourqe head but i would have to force it in there, i just got it and i dont know if it is even going to work right yet i have it dissasembled but not the valve and rammer, should i go ahead and do that and lube everything
Old 04-01-2010, 05:47 PM #6
J. Thompson #5150
Now with 20% more AWESOME

J. Thompson #5150 donated to help Peyton Trent
J. Thompson #5150 supports Team VICIOUS
Unless there is a valve leak, there's no benefit to removing the valve, so I'd leave it alone. The ram is another story since it's a major moving part. But yeah, just a very light coat on the ASA o-ring to keep it from leaking.

The torx bit should fit pretty snug, just don't force it in hard enough to dislodge the detent from the otherside. Another option if you don't want to risk damaging the detent itself, is to drop a bit of rubbing alcohol in there from the allen wrench side) and move the dent back and forth with your finger or an allen wrench or something, just to dislodge any dirt. I've had to do that before and it's a quick and easy fix.
J. Thompson #5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 PM #7
Romulus1
Bill

I would lube everything like jt said, the only way to find out if its workin is to test it and cleaning and lubing everything and properly installin it all is the best way to make sure there's nothing wrong with it, plus yyou can inspect all the parts for defects, replace worn/torn/chipped orings and eleiminate any obvious problems, after that, you pretty much just have a board and solenoid to test, a lot less thing to be wrong at this pont
Old 04-01-2010, 07:57 PM #8
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

ok before i air this up how do i lower lower the pressure on the shocker reg so i dont blow the noid
Old 04-01-2010, 08:08 PM #9
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

or it looks like an SFT regulator
Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 PM #10
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

also the trigger is magnetic i beleive, well it was the magnet broke off of it, but i like a spring trigger anyway, where can i get the set screw to hold the spring in
Old 04-02-2010, 12:47 AM #11
rogerkt

its its a SFT regulator then use a allen key on the bottom to screw it out.
bottom impulse: cricket vision board, ndz rip valve, shocktech supafly bolt, ndz detents, ndz pro-mag trigger
My Impulse 2
☆☆ Dirty Imp Owners Club ☆☆
rogerkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:55 AM #12
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

ok, and will not having a spring or magnet on the trigger hurt the marker in any way
Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 AM #13
jasper371
DatsunAholic

jasper371 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
It will be fine, I run all but 1 of my Imp's with super short travels, and no magnets or springs. The only thing that returns the triggers on mine are the microswitches.
jasper371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 PM #14
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

also i noticed today when i shot it i hade FSDO, i did clean the lube out where your suppossed to, i just lubed it again to make sure i lubed it enough and cleaned the lube out again but i dont have any air or paint so i can check to see if i still have it, if its solenoid related how do i fix it that way, also would it hurt to cut the stock bolt
Old 04-02-2010, 04:57 PM #15
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper371 View Post
It will be fine, I run all but 1 of my Imp's with super short travels, and no magnets or springs. The only thing that returns the triggers on mine are the microswitches.
how long have you been running them like that
Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 PM #16
Romulus1
Bill

A lot of this info can be found in the sticky'd threads in this forum, proper cleaning and lubing methods, manuals, fsdo fixes , lots of good info, it has helped me a lot and I was able to build a gun from scratch this week and tune it fairly well, not bad for my first attempt on my own.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:59 PM #17
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

well see also i havent chronoed it yet either so i dont know if that is the problem, i am only saying that because i noticed it was shooting a little weak when i shot it this morning ill know more tomarrow when i go play, also i read a faq that said to clean some filter where is this filter located, and another thing, when i got it i could tell that it wasnt taking good care of, it works fine other than the FSDO, would it be a good idea to go ahead andclean and lube the reg and solenoid
Old 04-02-2010, 06:05 PM #18
Romulus1
Bill

Couldn't hurt really
Old 04-02-2010, 06:18 PM #19
psycho91
I has a fuzzy hat

well i lubed the reg i guess ill go ahead and lube the solenoid, i just hope it doesnt leak when i go play tomarrow, also when i lube the reg i noticed that there was a big o-ring in the middle of the reg that wasnt all that tight will this cause problems
Old 04-02-2010, 06:34 PM #20
Romulus1
Bill

I would find a manual for the reg you have and read the instructions for a rebuild, might be your best bet
Old 04-02-2010, 07:41 PM #21
jasper371
DatsunAholic

jasper371 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
how long have you been running them like that
I've had my Adrenalin without a spring or magnet for the past 4 years.
jasper371 is offline   Reply With Quote