Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM #1
Cayguide

My SLG stopped firing...HELP

Hi - Relatively new to paintball. Actually, very new. Been out once, had a blast and bought a used SLG off a guy. Said it was used once, and from the condition of the gun, I believe him. I bought it (2008 SLG), a Nitro tank and Halo-B loader as my set-up.

I have run through about 500 paintballs playing around with the gun. I wanted to work with some ramping modes today, but the gun will not fire. At first, it would fire 7 or 8 shots, then stop. You could hear the selenoid click, but no firing. Pressing the bleed valve in the back seemed to help it for a few shots, then it would jam again. While this was going on, the green LED would blink.

I brought the gun in, replaced the battery, checked the eyes and all the o-rings, went out and tried again. This time, 3 shots, then click, click. the first time the bleed valve helped, but after that, no luck. it would just click and not shoot.

Accordign to the manual, the blinking green light means the eyes aren't working, so I tried turning the eyes off. It wouldn't fire at all. Same thing, juct clicking.

Any thoughts? I am new around these guns (I'm starting to think I prefer my real guns more, easier to diagnose), so any advice or things to try are appreciated.
Cayguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 PM #2
jferkin
Kenosha Baller

jferkin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayguide View Post
Hi - Relatively new to paintball. Actually, very new. Been out once, had a blast and bought a used SLG off a guy. Said it was used once, and from the condition of the gun, I believe him. I bought it (2008 SLG), a Nitro tank and Halo-B loader as my set-up.

I have run through about 500 paintballs playing around with the gun. I wanted to work with some ramping modes today, but the gun will not fire. At first, it would fire 7 or 8 shots, then stop. You could hear the selenoid click, but no firing. Pressing the bleed valve in the back seemed to help it for a few shots, then it would jam again. While this was going on, the green LED would blink.

I brought the gun in, replaced the battery, checked the eyes and all the o-rings, went out and tried again. This time, 3 shots, then click, click. the first time the bleed valve helped, but after that, no luck. it would just click and not shoot.

Accordign to the manual, the blinking green light means the eyes aren't working, so I tried turning the eyes off. It wouldn't fire at all. Same thing, juct clicking.

Any thoughts? I am new around these guns (I'm starting to think I prefer my real guns more, easier to diagnose), so any advice or things to try are appreciated.

Call dye. Ask about it. They will have answers or you'll just have to send it in.
jferkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:16 PM #3
todamax369
Dustin

todamax369 is BST Trusted
todamax369 is playing at Living Legends VII
todamax369 posts videos on PbNation
todamax369 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Is the ball jamming? or in the breach and just not firing?
todamax369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 PM #4
Cayguide

The ball is sitting free in the breech and not firing. No jams. Even when I try to feed one at a time by hand...still no fire.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:28 PM #5
todamax369
Dustin

If your saying its just sitting there, then I would say eyes are dirty. Turn them off and fire and see what happens. If you tried that and its still not firing then you have a solenoid/air problem. The marker doesn't leak?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:38 PM #6
Cayguide

Even with the eyes off it will not fire. If I hold the bleed button, it will occassionally fire, but I have to hold that button for a good bit of time.

There are no leaks at all on the gun. I have gone over it very carefully to make sure.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 PM #7
todamax369
Dustin

Try turning your hpr up.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:01 PM #8
Cayguide

Just tried, no luck...Same problem.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 PM #9
Cayguide

I talked to Dye. Their suggestion was to hone out the breech. They offered to do it for me. So I am going to see what the cost would be for someone local to look at it and may end up sending it in.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 PM #10
todamax369
Dustin

Goodluck bro
Old 04-01-2010, 01:55 PM #11
iPaintYou
..needs a better username

I would advise that you try to clean and lightly lube the bolt first. My bolt sticks sometimes at the beginning of a day when the gun has been sitting. Usually the bleed button will get it to shoot a couple of times. Once it gets unstuck though, it's good for the rest of the day. Try the simple things before paying to get it fixed.
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
iPaintYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:57 PM #12
Cayguide

Took it to the local shop. The gun got a look over, but the guy there couldn't find anything obvious wrong with it. Suggested that I return to Dye, who has offered to look it over, hone the breech and get it back in tip-top shape.