PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 PM #1996
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

The bb.com forums are pretty good on keto. I tried it and puss'd out, like 2 days before my first carb up. It was CKD, though. All the articles I have are on that.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 PM #1997
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

has been a member for 10 years
peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
I want one on SKD, so I can get the basic idea and then more on TKD.

I found this, but it refers to other readings so much it is worthless.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weigh...enic-diet.html
Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 PM #1998
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...genic-diet.htm

This is one someone on this forum gave me, it's pretty good.

What do you guys do for back/biceps days? I lift between 45-60 min M/T/T/F, and for my back/bi day I do

DL 3x5 (rack pulls if I'm feeling lazy)
Seated Rows 3x10
V Grip Pullup 3x10
Wide Grip Pullup 3x10
Kroc Rows 3x20

I don't really do any isolation exercises, how important are they? I've always been under the impression compounds were better for the most part. My arms are getting bigger but they've always been small...my main goal really is to get a broader back, but for lats I wasn't really sure what to do. I feel like this is alright for all-around though. I definitely feel it all over.

Last edited by Jlausen : 07-29-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:46 PM #1999
LGB (Banned)
.animal.

The problem with generic routines like that is they don't have any set scheme for progression. You need to pick the best/most simple exercises and pound them until you can't add any more weight to them. deadlifts/bb rows/pullups are all you really need.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 PM #2000
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

has been a member for 10 years
peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
I am really strapping down and doing some reading and thinking I am going to try a targeted keto diet. Will let you guys know how it goes, also, Lurker lmk how the lean gains thing goes.

What I posted on bb.com:
"Well even if I can't lift I plan to start doing either 30-45 min of cardio a day + 15 min of core on some days.

I have been doing some thinking and have come up with this plan:

*2800 cals on lifting days - 2700 on cardio/core days - 2400 cals on off days

*75-80 carbs on lifting days (30 glucose carbs pre&pwo = 60) - 50-55 carbs on running/off days

*roughly 34% cals from protein (~240 grams) and then the rest from fat (55% lifting-58% off)/carbs

What do you guys think?

Right now 2900 cals on a 40/40/20 diet seems to have me gaining maybe .5 or so pounds a week."

Now that I have done some more reading I might down the protein and up the fat a bit.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:57 PM #2001
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB View Post
The problem with generic routines like that is they don't have any set scheme for progression. You need to pick the best/most simple exercises and pound them until you can't add any more weight to them. deadlifts/bb rows/pullups are all you really need.
Less **** to do is alright with me, haha. If 3 a day is alright, I'm not going to complain. Just work until failure? I look for workouts but most are compiled by curl jockeys or have like 11 lifts a day on a 4 day split and I don't have the time/attention span to be in the gym for 3 hours and just lift.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 AM #2002
LGB (Banned)
.animal.

Pick a reasonable rep/set scheme and get stronger at it in all the main lifts. For the most part, it really doesn't matter if you do 5x5 rows and add 100lbs to it or do 3x8 rows and add 80lbs to it. Certain lifts are better at certain rep schemes by nature for each person, i.e. i sure as hell don't wanna be doing bb rows for sets of 12.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 AM #2003
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3438704
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread