Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM #43
BunkerKing5291
Hate.Heart.Love.

BunkerKing5291 plays in the USPL
BunkerKing5291 plays in the PSP
BunkerKing5291 is an NCPA player
How many teams are needed to run the d2/3 5man division?
SUNY Oswego Rush NCPA Alumni
BunkerKing5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2010, 08:54 AM #44
Johnnymac631

Johnnymac631 plays in the PSP
Johnnymac631 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Johnnymac631 is an NCPA player
Johnnymac631 plays in the APPA D3 division
hey cyndi i know you already answered this however say only 7 teams sign up in that division or however and it doesnt match up to the prize listing how drastic with the changes be on the prizes?

Play the Quickshot 3 man Paintball 2014 Series !
Johnnymac631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 AM #45
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBigE144 View Post

Simply put - you win you get a point. If you loose you get a 0. If you go to overtime and loose you get a 1 point. So first team to 2 points wins that "match".

The games are a max of 5 minute per "point" and two minute in between.

Just want to clarify a couple things. You are saying that if you go to a 3rd game tie breaker, BOTH teams will get a point, regardless if you win or lose?

For 3-man, is the max time still 5 minutes or is it 3 minutes?

Lastly, lets assume the 16 teams for 3-man is set in stone. How many brackets would we have, how many teams in each bracket, and then how many advanced out of each bracket.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:26 PM #46
MisfitBigE144
PB God -26yrs N' Counting

Annual Supporting Member
MisfitBigE144 plays in the PSP
MisfitBigE144 donated to help Peyton Trent
MisfitBigE144 supports Bob Gurnsey
MisfitBigE144 plays in the APPA D4 division
MisfitBigE144 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MisfitBigE144 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
Just want to clarify a couple things. You are saying that if you go to a 3rd game tie breaker, BOTH teams will get a point, regardless if you win or lose?
That is NOT correct.

You "WIN" against a team by either (A) having 2 wins out of a possible 3 games - or - (B) if each team has a win and a tie, the team with the FASTER GAME TIME get the WIN

Game time is still 5 minutes per point (so 3 possible points played x 5 minutes) = this means if you time out all three games you will have played a total of 15 minutes of paintball vs. one team. You will do this against two other teams as well

Assuming 16 teams, it would be 4 brackets of 4 teams. You would need to be in the top 2 to advance to the next round from your bracket - then it becomes single elimination (meaning you play best out of three - winner advances).

16 teams goes to 8 teams to 4 teams to (winners) top 2 for 1st & 2nd; (losers) Bottom 2 for 3rd & 4th

My teams played this weekend similar format. Instead we played 4 sets of prelim games. The problem is we shot about 15 cases of paint in the games we played to get through the finals. I know this might be a financial burden for some teams so the talk is to drop it to THREE matches (which eliminated 2 possibly 3 prelim points and less paint)
Ultimate Judge EPL-NORTH & MID ATLANTIC 2014 & SMP 3Man EPL Feeder Series - www.eplseries.com

Last edited by MisfitBigE144 : 04-20-2010 at 12:32 PM.
MisfitBigE144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:36 PM #47
Paintball_Huh???

Paintball_Huh??? plays in the PSP
Paintball_Huh??? posts videos on PbNation
Paintball_Huh??? plays in the APPA D2 division
"My teams played this weekend similar format. Instead we played 4 sets of prelim games. The problem is we shot about 15 cases of paint in the games we played to get through the finals. I know this might be a financial burden for some teams so the talk is to drop it to THREE matches (which eliminated 2 possibly 3 prelim points and less paint)"

The problem with that is then you wouldnt be playing every team in ur backet??? people kno its race to 2 so they need to bring some extra $$ for paint it shouldnt b a problem

WTG
Paintball_Huh??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 PM #48
dj red dog

Thanks E.

Lastly, if you lose every game, that means you will only play 6 games in prelims and go home versus the old format of 8 games guaranteed, correct?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:55 PM #49
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Thanks E.

Lastly, if you lose every game, that means you will only play 6 games in prelims and go home versus the old format of 8 games guaranteed, correct?
Yes - that is true. If we were to do it with a group of 5 instead of the group of 4, then you would be guaranteed your 8 min but could be a max of 12 - in prelims alone.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:55 PM #50
MisfitBigE144

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball_Huh??? View Post

The problem with that is then you wouldnt be playing every team in ur backet??? people kno its race to 2 so they need to bring some extra $$ for paint it shouldnt b a problem

I understand what you are saying, however I should be recognized that the goal of the GPL/MAPL this season is to be about the player. YES you need to make a some cash to keep the league going, however we need to remember that times are tough for many and the days of getting by with only 7-8 cases of paint per event are gone. We don't want to financial tax the players so they can no longer afford to play.

Most teams are going to have at least one "Best of Three" match go to three games, some will play them all.

If you do the math, it maxes out at 9 prelim matches, 3 quarter finals, 3 semi finals, and 3 finals matches = 18 total possible points from the first shot to the last for the GPL/MAPL this season.

In previous seasons, you played 8 prelim games, and then round robin in a group of 4 for Semis (+3 games) and then another round robin final group of 4 (+3 games) = 14 games MAX. The potential is already there for players to be forced to play more games than last season.

If we add back in the extra prelim match (best of three) it add a potential 3 more games to 21 possible. The feeling from the GPL/MAPL commitee is this is just too much. If this was the PSP and we charged $1000 entry and let you bring your own paint, I think things would be different and I would demand my 8 minimum. As it is the format is designed to get players into the new MAPL without breaking the bank. The thought process is keep entry low and paint costs down.
Ultimate Judge EPL-NORTH & MID ATLANTIC 2014 & SMP 3Man EPL Feeder Series - www.eplseries.com
Old 04-20-2010, 05:42 PM #51
BeatD0wnCity
Houston Heat OT

I saw the thread for restriction on yellow but i decide to ask here anyways, on a 05 xsv ego it's usually Black/gold? Is that illegal i assume?

Thanks.

It's not about how good you are or how good you look, it's about how bad you want it.

Explicit OT eh?

J.Rabbit
& Bassnectar <3
Houston Heat Fan #8
BeatD0wnCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 PM #52
MisfitBigE144

Annual Supporting Member
Gold XSV (2005/2006) yes. The New ones however are NO..the New 2009 XSV Egos and Geos are Yellow.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:05 PM #53
MisfitBigE144

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Thanks E.

We have been on the phone back and forth with Chris Raehl from APPA, Rick Hartman, Cyndi, and myself for a good hour tonight. The executive decision is 4 Preliminary Race-To-2 Matches. Chris has said that it has been his experience that 3 matches has at times made the cut off for divisions too close to call.

With his advice and experience, we are going with the 4 prelim matches. As of right now we have 2 fields scheduled for 3 -man and 3 for 5 man Sunday.

Cyndi is waiting to hear from a few teams before the deadline. Because the plan is to post the schedule on Thursday, we will be unable to register additional teams as had been done in the past last minute.

Full brackets and links will be available from GPL/MAPL and a link on PB Nation will be made, as well teams will be able to see their schedule once it is posted in their roster page once they are logged into the APPA site.

Stay tuned for more information!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 PM #54
dj red dog

Sounds great and liking the schedule posted ahead of time, welcome to the APPA.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:25 PM #55
MisfitBigE144

Annual Supporting Member
Yes - we did mock scheduling tonight to see how they would work out. It appears that prelims will be over between 1:30 and 2:00 and have finals over before 5pm. That is at least the plan.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:35 PM #56
Dragun_Fly_Mech
Brotherhood - Semper Fi

Dragun_Fly_Mech is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
After playing the epl this weekend and playing 4 teams in the prelims and making it to the finals it was a lot of paint and that was being able to bring our own paint. Is there any chance now that you made it 4 games that the prices will be lowered from 55 and 60 a case?
What could they have different? What could you have done different? What can you do different?"
Dragun_Fly_Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:11 PM #57
wowitsme0258
John Taz

wowitsme0258 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragun_Fly_Mech View Post
After playing the epl this weekend and playing 4 teams in the prelims and making it to the finals it was a lot of paint and that was being able to bring our own paint. Is there any chance now that you made it 4 games that the prices will be lowered from 55 and 60 a case?
entry is also 150 cheaper with gpl compared to epl with better prizes.
wowitsme0258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 AM #58
HungryHungryHippo17
LIFT KIDS HOT FOR 2k10

HungryHungryHippo17 plays in the PSP
HungryHungryHippo17 helped look for balloons
HungryHungryHippo17 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowitsme0258 View Post
entry is also 150 cheaper with gpl compared to epl with better prizes.

E, I have one question. On the previous page I was reading through and then my eyes got tired. You said there will be assigned fields and staging will be at your field. So my question is, is there a need to bring your own tent, table, chairs, etc. or will you guys have pits set up with all of the things listed provided. Sorry if I misinterpretted your post.

RIP CAPT'N CARLS PAINTBALL
HungryHungryHippo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 AM #59
MisfitBigE144

Annual Supporting Member
I will be honest and say I don't know how much room there will be. The "alley" by the fields 5 & 6 is pretty full. If you staged on those fields It might be hard unless you staged just below in that patch of grass behind the sea-container (AKA BONEYARD).

Up top, I don't believe we will be using Field 3 again for this first event. You might very well be able to stage on that field across from field 4.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...d=252027315915

I know you have facebook. You can got to OACC's gallery and see the photos for the permanent pits that are putting in.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 AM #60
Doktor

The pits we are installing are between fields 3 and 4 and between fields 5 and 6,,,, they are for TEAMS only. The pits have a solid table and are covered. We have this area SECURED (roped off) for teams only and each Pit Alley will have a Pit Boss staged there keeping an eye on things and helping players/teams with anything he can. No tents are allowed in the alley. We encourage teams to bring what ever seating they want to use,(folding chairs etc) because seating we provide is very limited.Air is provided in each alley. Also, we have plenty of grass field area for you to set up tents for friends and family. The grass area is very close to the action,,,, but due to a Race to format OA decided to build this pit area in order to keep the action moving ON TIME and ON SCHEDULE,,,, I hope everyone enjoys this weekend.
Take care
Rick Carver