Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-20-2003, 12:52 PM #1
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

has been a member for 10 years
trigger bounce

what is the rulling on trigger bounce? last year i read in the NPPL rule book that a marker is legal if you have one ball fired per one connecton of a microswitch or trigger. does this rule apply for the GPL or is this a gray area or is it just not aloud
Old 10-20-2003, 02:09 PM #2
290FPS

Trigger bounce isn't allowed at any of the GPL tourneys. And they pretty much follow the same rules as NPPL - one trigger pull, one shot. They complete random inspections throughtout the tournament[s]. It also discussed the Captain's Meeting prior to the start of each and every tournament.
If your marker is found to have trigger bounce prior to the start of your match, you are given a chance to remove it right there on the spot - so bring tools to the field with you. Or your team might end up playing a guy short.

][Jokers Wild][
Old 10-20-2003, 02:45 PM #3
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

ok so here is my next question... is it trigger bounce if the marker will not fire without you pulling the trigger. you can bang it all around and it won't fire. but if you hold your finger and put the right amount of preasure on the trigger the "kick" of the marker will bring my finger off of the micro switch and the preasure of my finger on the trigger will pull the trigger again. is that considered trigger bounce. and how do they check for trigger bounce. a guy my local shop(he is also a ref at the field that owns the store) said that my marker would be fine because he was banging it all around and couldn't get it to fire and because of this it is fine for tournament use.

100% reason to remember the name
Old 10-20-2003, 03:40 PM #4
bbarno

to Quote you:

"but if you hold your finger and put the right amount of preasure on the trigger the "kick" of the marker will bring my finger off of the micro switch and the preasure of my finger on the trigger will pull the trigger again."

That is Trigger Bounce and is not permitted in tournaments.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM #5
"INFO"

Brian, whats the penalty for trigger bounce if found after a the game has ended? Are Intimidators with WAS boards more likely to "seemingly" have bounce?

Shooters & Looters for Life
Old 10-22-2003, 12:16 PM #6
wckeep

in rules its states that trigger bounce is a 50 point penalty
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball
myspace.com/bubbleboyphotography