Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:31 PM #64
jigser

jigser plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by poso View Post
Why would you cry you got to play against a pro!Dont you only get better playing against better players there for you ought to be a better player.Shawn Walker is a great guy and will continue to get my support as will the wcppl.Typical paintballer hoping no one showed and they got a free entry to HB.Low on funds ought to play for me thats never a problem.Shawn walker has always given us great paintball.
id like to play againts a PRO any day of the week for practice. that will make you play better i guess... BUT putting a pro player in a tournament that is ment for lower division players is a disgrace to the league and that " pro " player picking on lower division players..... ignore POSO as he or they are willing to kiss Shawns a$$ to take tournament back to BAKERSFIELD. IE RPL... no wonder teams that i know here in bakersfield pass Poso creek and play @ lemore or modesto

AIM CROW PUMP FST!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2010, 04:25 PM #65
Adam05
Blatant

Adam05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Adam05 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by poso View Post
Why would you cry you got to play against a pro!Dont you only get better playing against better players there for you ought to be a better player.Shawn Walker is a great guy and will continue to get my support as will the wcppl.Typical paintballer hoping no one showed and they got a free entry to HB.Low on funds ought to play for me thats never a problem.Shawn walker has always given us great paintball.
Where are you located so I can beat some since into you?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM #66
ctLATE

ctLATE supports Team VICIOUS
how sad
Old 04-02-2010, 10:59 PM #67
Dzdaddy75

Dzdaddy75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dzdaddy75 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You should post this in Ballers Cafe, thats where S.W. post all info for RPL.
Support your LOCAL PARK & SHOPS!
MAX IMPACT.COM, MechBox Clothing
Old 04-03-2010, 09:16 PM #68
Gunnymt

has been a member for 10 years
Great deal....

After doing some research into this JI Complex & Walker boycott issue I think some of the facts were left out of the story. Like once Shawn was made aware of a problem with the player, the player was no longer allowed to play. I'm not going to get into a "he said" debate but I will tell you this. I have never seen Shawn be unfair or dishonest. He has agreed to give each team half their entry at HB. The teams got to have a great day of practice and now they get to play at HB for half price.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:15 PM #69
PaintballNineFiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnymt View Post
After doing some research into this JI Complex & Walker boycott issue I think some of the facts were left out of the story. Like once Shawn was made aware of a problem with the player, the player was no longer allowed to play. I'm not going to get into a "he said" debate but I will tell you this. I have never seen Shawn be unfair or dishonest. He has agreed to give each team half their entry at HB. The teams got to have a great day of practice and now they get to play at HB for half price.
Thank you for your input and "research". However, you clearly mention what the problem is. "Shawn was made aware of a problem with the player, the player was no longer allowed to play." Shawn got caught cheating / fixing his own event if you'd like to call it that, then lied about the rules and rulebook, then denied the team a refund. We asked to speak personally with Shawn over the phone and were denied. I know you said you don't want to get into a "he said" debate, but that is a big issue and can't just be overlooked. Shawn told Robbie he could play for his team with Robbie being quoted on the first page. There were more then five people present that witnessed Robbie say "I was told by Shawn Walker I could play". Seems odd that once Shawn is informed, he only says, ok, I'll take him out now. WOW

Edit: as for the "Great day of practice" It was anything but that, after we figured out we were getting cheated and purchased many 35$ cases of white box, we wanted nothing more but to leave with a refund. I would have been glad to have swung by our local shop and buy white box for 22$ a case instead if I would have known everything that was advertised was a lie.

Last edited by PaintballNineFiveOne : 04-03-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 AM #70
Shawn*Walker

Hey All.

I have been promoting tournaments for over 10 years now. Unofficially over 100 different events sized from 2 teams to 200 teams in over 15 different states. I have gone back and forth about posting on PBnation and for the past year or so haven't posted anything here. I know many view this site as the information station for our industry and I don't necessary disagree. I don't dislike "the Nation" but merely have found that I only have so many hours in the day and had to figure out how to best use my time.

I have decided to post again since so many people have called and emailed me about this particular thread. My first inclination was to do nothing, but when Jim and Jungle's name started circulating I felt it was necessary to post again. Not because I plan to go into a "battle" with one individual but really just an overview of how I view the current state of things.

After this post, I won't be checking back, nor have I read this thread entirely. I only know what it says through others accounts. If people want to contact me I encourage you to email or call. I will leave both pieces of contact info in the bottom of this email.

#1 As to the event last weekend at The Complex. Although I wasn't on site for this event and had very little to do with the running of the event I'm sorry to hear one team feels "slighted". No need to get into specifics as much of the information going back and forth is incorrect and I don't want or need to get into a debate. With all tournaments when there are winners and losers things like this happen. After hearing how everything went down I did offer both teams to split the free entry into HB but the losing team turned it down. Moving forward to end any more stupidness I will offer the losing team a free entry into any event that I run (RPL, CPL, JPL), 10 cases of free paint at that event, and a free practice for their team at any of my parks the week before that event. That should cover any out of pocket expenses and then some. Please contact me directly and I will make all arrangements for you.

#2 As to this "boycott" talk. Man. I have been in the Paintball industry over 15 years now. Just 4 years ago we had 200+ California teams and no quality tournament fields to play at. Now we have less than 50 teams and a multitude of quality parks to play at. Field owners have put 10's of thousands of dollars into their tournament parks only to have to constantly hear from players that pay $25 a head that the parks aren't good enough. The turf is no good, the reffing is no good, the air is no good, etc etc. We are blessed in So Cal to have so many quality parks right now and so many passionate owners that are willing to sink money into the parks with no foreseeable return on their investment.

Jim "Gunny" Miller is one of these owners. He sunk over 50K into the Complex to offer his customers a quality tournament environment knowing he would not recoup his investment for years.

Others have done the same.

Wayne and Leon have spent 10's of thousands of dollars and countless hours building ASG and provide a quality place for teams to play.

Mike and Gio have spent 10's of thousands of dollars and countless hours (re) building SC arenas into Aftermath Arenas, again a quality place for teams to play.

I personally have spent 10's of thousands of dollars on Camp Pendleton Tournament Park trying to offer a quality place for teams to play.

And now a player on one team that had a bad call at an event that cost him $100 or so wants to organize a "boycott" of a field? Wow.

I wish our industry could get over the pettiness and realize that we are all in this together. We need to work together to grow our sport. I encourage you all to visit any and all of the fields I listed above. Every owner has put their blood, sweat and money into building a foundation for the future of our sport.

I encourage you all to invite a rec ball player to the tournament side. Try to teach a younger player the ropes. Encourage each other don't bash each other.

Treat this sport that we all love as something fragile and do what you can do to be a part of the solution.

Please contact me directly if you would like to talk more or have any questions or comments. I appreciate your time and God Bless.

-Shawn
shawn@thepaintballpark.com
951-323-9883 (work)
Old 04-04-2010, 12:58 AM #71
Finstein
Young, Reckless, Broke...

Finstein is for the Gunfight
Wow, you could have said "Look, we realize we were wrong. I deeply apologize and we are trying our best to fix it."
But instead, you went out and tried to make yourself look like a hero. Props.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:06 AM #72
anthony_chon

anthony_chon is playing at Living Legends III
anthony_chon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anthony_chon supports Team VICIOUS
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President
so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA
they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:07 AM #73
southbaykilla
EC

B.S. straight out of Walker's mouth.........
Old 04-04-2010, 03:40 AM #74
SCM

SCM is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I see why he doesn't post much. He just made himself look so much worse then if he kept his mouth shut. Same with Gunny.

Gunny said things were left out and what was left out was something that original guy said like 20 times. So bascially Gunny was saying the original poster was right and he doesn't care.

Walker your PR skills are just horrible.

Btw, every owner is putting money into there field with the hopes of making money. A quiznos opened up right by my work. Should I act like they are some great person, because they spent over 250K on it. 50K is nothing for a business.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:08 AM #75
xfactor6911

xfactor6911 plays in the PSP
xfactor6911 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xfactor6911 is an NCPA player
xfactor6911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn can you just have one account? You dont see hingeman jumping from account to account everytime he has something to say. I mean its not like you accounts go bad over time or something. This is Pbn. You should at least have a presence on it if you are such a force in the paintball world.

Also Shawn it is your job to get involved. Its your tourny. The fact that you say that you were very minimally involved in the tournament does not show blamelessness, but irresponsibility.

Also you say there will always be winners and losers at tournaments. That is true, but if those winners win because of an unfair advantage that is not just aq bad call by a ref. This is not is that a holdling call or not like in football, if this player has played in a pro division game he is inegible. If tourny rules says this leads to a team DQ then it does. This is a black and white issue. The fact that you made it grey is your fault.

Lastly, when a person goes to a field they only spend so much money. It means more to us so just because you spent a lot of money doesnt mean anything. I only spent 400 or so for a tourny and that is the only focus. I am the customer, what i buy is my priority. the 50k doesnt concern me because its a tradeoff, I get the most for my 400 and if I dont i dont come back. I don't fall in love with the owners of a field because they can throw the most money, I fall in love when I get the most for my money, which these people are obviously not getting. I am sure owners want their field to attract players which will grow the sport, but they will leave it all on the side if they are not making enough to stay afloat. If you want paintball not to be a business then dont charge me when I go to camp p. Your trying to play to our emotions which is not right. Like the person above me said. I am glad when a service opens that I want, but I love it when it does a good job that makes me feel satisfied.

OSUPB

Sponsored by Planet Eclipse, Paintball Xcape, SplatterPark

Last edited by xfactor6911 : 04-04-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:18 AM #76
sethicus41

sethicus41 is playing at Living Legends III
sethicus41 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sethicus41 supports Team VICIOUS
sethicus41 plays in the APPA beginner division
Honestly... just let it go... I'm not to fond of some of the owners in our local fields, but that doesn't stop me from having a good time with the players. We are always going to have issues.

It sucks, but "forget about it."

my 0.02, Shawn shouldn't have released that statement earlier... that response allowed entry of more attacks... ...it's Karma... so forget about, and let his world take care of him...
Old 04-04-2010, 08:19 PM #77
World Police
Hellaflush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn*Walker View Post
I will offer the losing team a free entry into any event that I run (RPL, CPL, JPL), 10 cases of free paint at that event, and a free practice for their team at any of my parks the week before that event.
see you boys @ vegas...

edit:& thanks for all the support

Last edited by World Police : 04-05-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:03 AM #78
Adam05
Blatant

Adam05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Adam05 supports Team VICIOUS
yeah see you guys @ vegas

Last edited by Adam05 : 04-05-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 AM #79
World Police
Hellaflush

adam ^
Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 AM #80
Kanye
The Lord of Streetball

Kanye plays in the PSP
Here is a summary of Shawn's post

"Ive been in the paintball industry a long time... blah blah blah

I wasnt responsible for the rigging of a tournament that I entered one of my teams into and helped run.... blah blah blah

Ive been in the paintball industry for 15 years... blah blah blah

Alot of other decent people have spent alot of money fixing up paintball fields... blah blah blah

Im a scumbag... blah blah blah" - END

Link for reference....

k thx bye

Last edited by Kanye : 04-05-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 AM #81
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
we cant lie, cp is a great field and hopefully gecko will be just as good. but ya he just doesnt run things that well.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:49 AM #82
PyroFox
I like CHEEZE

PyroFox has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PyroFox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
wow so many misinformed people. i guess some just cant take an *** whoopin like a man
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM #83
MonkeyPoop

i dont know why anyone still supports this scumbag
Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 PM #84
xfactor6911

xfactor6911 plays in the PSP
xfactor6911 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xfactor6911 is an NCPA player
xfactor6911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by contract*killa View Post
we cant lie, cp is a great field and hopefully gecko will be just as good. but ya he just doesnt run things that well.
I think that might be in spite of rather because of. I love cp though.

OSUPB

Sponsored by Planet Eclipse, Paintball Xcape, SplatterPark
Closed Thread