Geo-man123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Geo-man123 supports Team VICIOUS
great prastice, experince its harder which over time makes u better
Geo-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 PM #24
VividInterference86
Follower of Wartortle

I enjoy playing with my S6.
I found that I've gotten better playing pump. Learned better techniques and different set of skills. Snap shooting has gotten much better.

You learn new things about yourself as a paintball player behind a pump.

And besides.... I have to agree.

WHY NOT?

Its a lot of fun, and its very addicting.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:51 PM #25
BiggsFX
Pump Evangelist

BiggsFX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BiggsFX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I do it for the lulz
][nvert Mini : Black #9927 / Kila Detents / Virtue Eyes

paintball is more than just a game...its a hobby
BiggsFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 PM #26
Texas_pump

cause I love watchin a guy shoot at me the whole game wastin two pods, only to have me snap him in, post, and shoot him out. Than listen to him whine about me bein hit and wipin as he gets called out
Texas_pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 PM #27
Nategotskillz
WVU Team's President

Nategotskillz supports Team VICIOUS
Nategotskillz supports Team VICIOUS
Nategotskillz posts videos on PbNation
Nategotskillz supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_pump View Post
cause I love watchin a guy shoot at me the whole game wastin two pods, only to have me snap him in, post, and shoot him out. Than listen to him whine about me bein hit and wipin as he gets called out
Lol. Agreed.

It's just a different mindset and it's so much more fun.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 PM #28
LAH75

LAH75 works for a Paintball manufacturer
LAH75 supports Cereal Killerz 2
LAH75 donated to help Peyton Trent
LAH75 is attending Decay of Nations VI
On most fields and formats I would say I have the advantage using my pump (sniper) gun!

some of these points have already been hit above.

no battery to die or rely on
no capacitor or electronics to fail when you need them most
pumps generally cost less to buy and to use on regular basis
they are lighter and easier to make work if something does go wrong (sniper at least)
respect is big, you take a semi on a walk-on field and shoot everything that moves and your not doing anything special really. your just playing a game with friends and strangers and hopefully having a great time.
you take a pump on the same field and you can be the positive ambassador for the sport by showing others they can have fun for low cost and maybe as a result play more paintball in the long run. If you get the job done with a pump people will look up to you and respect your efforts more than if your the seasoned player blasting everyone with your semi.

all formats are not the same though.. on a Race2 (xball) format you want a semi. If you really know what your doing you can get away with a pump but it will be easier to just use a semi and keep your teammates happy. 7 man is similar, one or two guys would be ok but its is easier to rock a semi in 7 man games. (most players have illegal modes anyways so its not even a level playing field at 7 man events when it comes to guns and modes)

----- play pump cause its fun and really the core (heart) of the sport!

Got a gun with TiPX threads? Check out the HITMEN TECH barrels for the TiPX.
Visit our team store to see what is in stock today here.
LAH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:42 PM #29
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
I ask this in all seriousness, why does everyone think you need semi for the PSP series? I honestly notice NO difference or need for it other than what I said earlier in this thread. Around here we play PSP "style" or whatever it's called every weekend. It's just normal paintball but with ramping

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 PM #30
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAH75 View Post
On most fields and formats I would say I have the advantage using my pump (sniper) gun!

some of these points have already been hit above.

no battery to die or rely on
no capacitor or electronics to fail when you need them most
pumps generally cost less to buy and to use on regular basis
they are lighter and easier to make work if something does go wrong (sniper at least)
respect is big, you take a semi on a walk-on field and shoot everything that moves and your not doing anything special really. your just playing a game with friends and strangers and hopefully having a great time.
you take a pump on the same field and you can be the positive ambassador for the sport by showing others they can have fun for low cost and maybe as a result play more paintball in the long run. If you get the job done with a pump people will look up to you and respect your efforts more than if your the seasoned player blasting everyone with your semi.

all formats are not the same though.. on a Race2 (xball) format you want a semi. If you really know what your doing you can get away with a pump but it will be easier to just use a semi and keep your teammates happy. 7 man is similar, one or two guys would be ok but its is easier to rock a semi in 7 man games. (most players have illegal modes anyways so its not even a level playing field at 7 man events when it comes to guns and modes)

----- play pump cause its fun and really the core (heart) of the sport!
Well said. About the statements I bolded - I agree with them, but you're probably going to get flamed in this forum for saying so. (And I'll probably get flamed just for agreeing with you. )

There are a lot of elitist pump players out there who will say that pump players are the best, always pwn semis, yadda, yadda, etc. I think it's a disservice to upcoming pump players to fill their heads with those kind of exaggerations.

Yes, pumps are lighter, simpler, cheaper to shoot, and definitely force the player to increase their skills if they want to be successful. A pump gun forces you to see the game in a different light. But there's a level of play in which a pump starts to become a real handicap.

Sure, like you said, someone who knows what they're doing can get away with using a pump even against good tourney players - but I would argue they're not going to dominate those players over the long term such as a whole day or a whole tournament.

At the higher levels of play, semi players are just as good at reading the field, moving quickly, and more importantly gun-battling/snapshooting. Sorry if I burst anyone's bubble - but that's the honest truth.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:00 PM #31
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Savage View Post
I ask this in all seriousness, why does everyone think you need semi for the PSP series? I honestly notice NO difference or need for it other than what I said earlier in this thread. Around here we play PSP "style" or whatever it's called every weekend. It's just normal paintball but with ramping
Put 2 teams of the same skill level against one another in a Race to 4 match. Give one team pumps and the other team whatever 12.5 bps capable marker you choose, and I guarantee the team that is slinging more paint will win that match.

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but volume does matter in xball.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 PM #32
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Someone please explain how pumps are lighter, especially snipers.
My prostock pump alone (no hopper/barrel/tank) is just about the same weight as my ego with a 45/45, 16" CP and my torque.

Pump is fun, but without serious milling, I do not see a pump being lighter. (sans stock class)
Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 PM #33
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
and I'm not trying to say anyone is wrong in what they believe or that I am elite. I just feel that there is no issue with it in the format.

It's my personal opinion that you can hold down the same lanes and make the same moves with a pump. You don't have the constant fire to keep someone from moving but you should have the know-how to lead them if they do move so you accomplish the same goal.

I don't know. I'm honestly not like RAWR or anything here, I just don't see it from the same perspective.

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM #34
L4sT_ReSOrT
周朝

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverpsycotic View Post
My prostock pump alone (no hopper/barrel/tank) is just about the same weight as my ego with a 45/45, 16" CP and my torque.

Pump is fun, but without serious milling, I do not see a pump being lighter. (sans stock class)
With most pump setups they will use a grav fed hopper or another tank altogether. Those force feeds can stack on as much as a pound.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 PM #35
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:

I think it's the fact that you can use a much smaller tank (even smaller than a 45/45), and a small hopper, and no pod pack or pods if you're using a larger loader. It all adds up. I agree though, even my halfblocked Trilogy is heavier than an Ego, but when you take into account that I'm not carrying any pods, it more than makes up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Savage View Post
and I'm not trying to say anyone is wrong in what they believe or that I am elite. I just feel that there is no issue with it in the format.

It's my personal opinion that you can hold down the same lanes and make the same moves with a pump. You don't have the constant fire to keep someone from moving but you should have the know-how to lead them if they do move so you accomplish the same goal.

I don't know. I'm honestly not like RAWR or anything here, I just don't see it from the same perspective.
I think it just depends on the level of your opponents. If you're talking just pickup games or even organized games against fairly decent players, the format makes no difference. Speedball is speedball.

But against a D2 or higher team who has their **** together - you're going to have a tough time if your team is all pumps.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM #36
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

I was actually interested in this so I just got my set ups.

Prostock pump, 13ci steel tank, winchester hopper (full of paint because that's where a big difference comes from) and 12 inch barrel w/ insert

4 lbs 15 ounces

DM7 with 14 inch ultra light. Nitroduck 45/45 carbon fiber tank (no cover)

This weighed at 5 lb 1 ounce

I have to put my prophecy back together to weigh it (I'll come back once I do that) with paint but I'd expect 240 or whatever the stock paint amount of the hopper is plus the weight of the hopper is going to make a much larger difference.

To me, it's all in the hopper. Having that much paint up top makes my snap feel sluggish

Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 PM #37
bman427

$$$

If I had more cash to play semi, I would.
bman427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 PM #38
L4sT_ReSOrT
周朝

Stomping a few walk ons with your pump isn't some sort of amazing talent that carries onto playing against legitimate team in semi... The concept really isn't that difficult to grasp.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:27 PM #39
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Set ups as listed above (my personal set ups, not across the board here)

pump set up with paint 4 lb 15 oz

Semi set up with paint 7 lb 10.5 oz

I'm NOT saying one is better than the other. All I'm saying is that I believe that there is an unrecognized equality.

Last edited by Shawn_Savage : 03-30-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:37 PM #40
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ahh, the difference must be that I don't go out on the field with no pods, unless we play hopperball, and my smallest tank is a CrossFire 45/45. I also always use a real hopper, not some little 50round thing.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM #41
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
I have started to carry a pack (5/50 pbmafia pack) with 2 50 round pods. Electro I carry a Redz 3 plus whatever pack with 2 pods. For pump I've used a pod twice now in the last couple hundred games but I do believe it is important to have for tournaments. It's only when I get stuck in the back by myself that I get a little paint happy.

Pump pack w/ paint 1 lb 8.7 oz

Electro pack w/ paint 3 lb 3 oz

Last edited by Shawn_Savage : 03-30-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 PM #42
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss View Post
I got tired of not being challenged. I got tired of being asked to "tone it down" on the other players when I kicked their butts too badly in a game. I got tired of people complaining that I shot too fast.
This.

My field folded and my team broke apart, going and walking-on somewhere with high-end everything led to everything listed above at one time or another. It just made sense that if I was going to play recreational paintball somewhere with players who weren't necessarily "hardcore" into the sport a pump gun would be a fun thing for me. It keeps the game challenging on my end and generally keeps everybody happy on the other end.
BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote