PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2010, 02:09 PM #1
SoCalBllr

SoCalBllr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DM9 Question...

So I am taking my DM9 apart to completely clean it before I sell it and have 2 issue's. I can't take the top of the Hyper3 apart (cap that thread's into gun) and the feedneck seems stuck. If I use a hair dryer to heat up the feedneck (might have loctite) will it be enough heat to break the bond? What suggestions for the reg cap? I dont wanna scratch the reg up even though the reg cover will hide it...I just like my things being in great shape. My strap wrenches got lost during the recent move.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2010, 02:35 PM #2
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

AndrewFalk plays in the PSP
AndrewFalk plays in the APPA D4 division
As far as the feedneck goes, you can normally remove the lever and collar, and then use a butter knife between the prongs to unscrew it from the body.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:10 PM #3
SoCalBllr

Tried a few things and the damn thing is on there tight. Got it used and I know some people will use loctite to keep it from getting loose.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:46 PM #4
DerMaverick
|TRUTH|

I know this sounds weird but this works:

for you reg, insert the appropriate allen key into the top (make sure it's the shorter end of the key in the hole), as if you were to unscrew it, then grasp the reg firmly and strike in a downward motion, then allen key off a desk or something. This will apply enough instantaneous force on the top to loosen the thread. It might take a few whacks, but it will work.

Don't be afraid to give it a hard hit, but make sure you're hitting it so the force is helping to unscrew it and not tighten it, otherwise you'll be worse off.

This won't damage you reg, as long as you're using the right allen key, because it will fit snuggly enough not to scratch the inside.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:36 PM #5
AndrewFalk
Zeus Dick

AndrewFalk plays in the PSP
AndrewFalk plays in the APPA D4 division
^
Good idea.

And as long as they used blue loctite, you should be able to get the feedneck off with a butter knife (or something similar).
Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 PM #6
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Big hex key through the top of the reg, and a strap wrench on the reg body, twist in oposite directions. If you don't have a strap wrench just buy one at a hardware store, they make life simpler.

As for the feedneck base, a hair dryer and a strap wrench. Although really there is no need to ever take it off, you can clean it with it on.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:56 PM #7
SoCalBllr

It was used by buddy and paint was caked on from him not cleaning while he had it in Cali. Its all inside the groove around feedneck and I want it to be clean when it makes it to next person. I will suggest your method DerMaverick and if that won't work I will do what you suggest Speedy2k4.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:58 PM #8
speedy2k4
BSH University

If you have removed the other parts of the gun (eyes, solenoid, bolt, etc) you could just rinse the feedneck with water and use cotton swabs to get the paint out without removing the feedneck. Just make sure to let it dry out before reinstalling the other parts.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM #9
Stabilizer

If you dont want to buy a strap wrench, here is a trick i use.
Take a zip tie around the reg. body, get some large pliers and grip the reg. body over the zip tie right above the svivel. That way you wont leave marks in the reg., nor will you damage the reg. body.
Stabilizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM #10
speedy2k4
BSH University

If you want to do it that way, you are better off using thick rubber gloves and a wrench or an old leather belt and a wrench. But if you squeeze too tight, you can bend the reg. If you slip when turning, you will leave a giant scratch on the reg.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there should be some sort of hardware/tool store nearby that has a strap wrench, they only cost a couple bucks and are useful for things other than paintball as well (oil filters, pickle jars, plumbing, etc.)
Old 03-31-2010, 05:38 PM #11
Evils

hey i have a dm9 and the feedneck was tight. but i just put my hopper in there snug and turned it out.
Evils is offline   Reply With Quote