Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2010, 06:25 AM #1
saranglinux

CCI phantom mod questions

i currently have a cci vsc phantom and i want to make a few mods to the gun. I found that the 12 g changers can be kind of annoying at times so i bought a 3.5oz co2 bottle but i really hate how the gun looks with the bottle vertically connected to the gun. So...im trying to find a drop that can be used with the Adjustable T-stock that i already have on this gun but im not sure which one. I dont want the drop to leave such a huge gap between the stock and the 3.5 oz tank. i would appreciate recommendations

im looking for something like this but i dont know what brand it is. seems to be closer to the t stock than the regular cci drop forward

Also if i shoot fast with the palmer's stabilzer will it keep the fps from dropping. When i shoot multiple shots 10-20 without the gun cooling down fps seems to drop all the time. Lets say i shot about 15-20 shots, i see the gauge on my gun go down to 400psi. If i keep shooting with this amount of psi on the gun, it will drop to around 250. I have to wait a bit before the psi goes back to around 700psi and will shoot at a normal 270-275fps. If i do this with a 3.5oz and i shoot 20 back to back shots would the cooling of the tank cause a drop in my fps?
Also if i shoot fast with the palmer's stabilzer will it keep the fps from dropping. When i shoot multiple shots 10-20 without the gun cooling down fps seems to drop all the time. this i do not likey

Last edited by saranglinux : 03-27-2010 at 07:29 AM.
saranglinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2010, 08:07 AM #2
markcheb
surrender...don't move

I'm new to phantoms myself, but I believe an expansion chamber would do what you're wanting with the fps and be a cheaper option. Unless you have the stab already.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:26 AM #3
saranglinux

from looking through the threads on both pbnation and mcarterbrown, ppl were saying that some expansion chambers lack the ability to put out the needed psi and therefore is needed to be compensated with more turns on the ivg whereas a palmers stabilizer can reach up to 1000psi output. but then again i might be wrong.
saranglinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:50 AM #4
bradys71
Too old and fat to play

That drop is a CCI drop call Mike at CCI they are 40 new

"Well, once again, my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences... But the other head of science is bad. Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur. It bites."
-Tick

B&M Chainmaille & Jewelry
bradys71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:29 AM #5
flyingpootang

has been a member for 10 years
You can also use a 13 3000 hp air system with a butt plate as a stock. This along with springs for hp air will solve all of your problems...
flyingpootang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 AM #6
bradys71
Too old and fat to play

I would take the stab off, phantoms need the pressure and its being starved. Is it cold where you play? Because the colder it is the longer it will take for your CO2 to evaporate (liquid>gas transition). Using compressed air will solve this but also shooting slower.

I have played in winter with my phantom, autotriggering like crazy and have never had a problem with starving the gun.

"Well, once again, my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences... But the other head of science is bad. Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur. It bites."
-Tick

B&M Chainmaille & Jewelry
bradys71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 AM #7
Kenny OKC
In Memory of Steve

Kenny OKC plays in the PSP
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kenny OKC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Kenny OKC plays in the APPA D5 division
You dont need to spring a phantom to run on air. they do just fine on there own. I have a gauge on my phantom, and only see a little diff between co2 and air pressure. well the only diff is that with air the pressure is dead on at 800 PSI every time. co2 can be all over the place depending on temp, the amount shooting (bottle chill), and outside temp.
Kenny OKC is offline   Reply With Quote