PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2010, 03:43 PM #1
dmented-predator

dmented-predator plays in the APPA D4 division
Why is Kirill Prihidni placing one leg over the side of a dorito

I'm hoping this is the place to ask this. I bought Social Paintball's "PSP World Cup 2009: The Experience." Great footage. I have a question about one of Kirill's dorito side techniques. He placed his wire side(outside) leg over the corner of the bunker while his standing paintball stance, shot straight(i'm assuming down the line), and then wrapped in occasionally to shoot inside. For the life of me, I cannot think of why? Most odd bunker techniques, i.e. playing off hand, etc..have reasons that aren't apparent, but you can usually figure them out after while. I'm just stumped. Does anyone know what this technique is for? I would love to know why.

_Marlon_
dmented-predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2010, 03:47 PM #2
NeCanes
TBO

NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
how far up the field was the other team. He could of had to ride or die off one side of his bunker
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 PM #3
dmented-predator

Well most of his body was still where you would usually be if you were playing the dorito, he just had a full leg over the side of it. I'm going to see if I can find a video of it. I don't believe he was under any real pressure from the inside side of the field he had another team member on the inside and i didn't see any paint coming that way. It was in the footage of their Ironmen game.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:36 PM #4
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS

Kirill does whatevuh he wants!

But for real, he was maybe in the middle of moving up, or what NeCanes said
Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 PM #5
Soflaswabs561

sure he wasnt just pushing the bunker with his forward leg? Its the best way to play a bunker real tight if your pretty much fucced.
Soflaswabs561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:33 PM #6
dmented-predator

Nope..i'm going to see if i can take a quick youtube clip of the section in the video and post it.

_Marlon_
Old 02-26-2010, 07:57 PM #7
dmented-predator

Here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tByRZrz4HKE

He also does it later, and it's clearly a solid step over. There is a guy from another team who does it as well, earlier in the video, but he's looking inside and he gets his face completely blown off, so I don't believe you're covered that way. I'm hoping someone truly familiar with their techniques(maybe someone from RL?i wish? = )) could explain just what is going on.

_Marlon_
Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 PM #8
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmented-predator View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tByRZrz4HKE

He also does it later, and it's clearly a solid step over. There is a guy from another team who does it as well, earlier in the video, but he's looking inside and he gets his face completely blown off, so I don't believe you're covered that way. I'm hoping someone truly familiar with their techniques(maybe someone from RL?i wish? = )) could explain just what is going on.

_Marlon_
what he is doing is bunker wraping
he is going around the bunker to shoot inside (probably snake or snake cornerdepending on the layout.)
Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 PM #9
dmented-predator

I get that he's wrapping, comon' There is more going on there than that. When was the last time you wrapped a dorito by putting 1/4 of your entire body in front of it. He's also shooting a straight line for a bit before he shoots inside(i'm assuming ?maybe? to keep someone in to wrap). I wish they showed the entire situation. Also, not shown on the clip, is that when he moved into that spot it was in parallel with another guy running the inside route dorito side. The had that entire side on lock, that's primarily how they beat the Ironmen at CUP; by dominating dorito side, or at least that what Ollie Lang says in the commentary.

_Marlon_

p.s. I'm not saying he is/isn't wrapping what I'm curious about is what doing whatever he's doing, THE way he's doing it is buying him. I play dorito side, and I'd love to utilize something a guy like Kirill is using, but I won't use it if I have no idea why.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 AM #10
Bobman7
Jewcifer

Bobman7 is a Supporting Member
Bobman7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobman7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bobman7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It just lets him wrap easier, if there's no pressure from the tape it just gives him more bunker to use.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 AM #11
dot.nation

has been a member for 10 years
the dorito in front of him was probably offset enough for him to put his leg over his bunker.

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=722679
dot.nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 AM #12
pbstar1792
SevenHundredThirtyFour

pbstar1792 plays in the PSP
pbstar1792 plays in the APPA D3 division
he's russian, the dude can do whatever he wants.
pbstar1792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:42 AM #13
The Real Monson
PGpaintball.net

The Real Monson plays in the PSP
The Real Monson owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Watching the web cast, a lot of times when he is trying to bump to his next bunker he steps over the Dorito like that to wrap inside before he bumps.

The Real Monson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:55 AM #14
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
It also gives him much better balance while like everyone said wrapping.
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:52 PM #15
dmented-predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
It also gives him much better balance while like everyone said wrapping.
Yeah, I 'm thinking that might be the final answer or as best as I'm going to get until a member of RL decides to pop in and respond. Thanks for everyone who gave me a response.

_Marlon_
Old 02-28-2010, 12:54 PM #16
MBRL

MBRL is a Professional paintball player
It's really not that complicated guys, he is staying tight from cross field, while wrapping. This way he can wrap as needed, stay alive from across field, and he can move up fast when needed, otherwise we would need to round that corner again when he was ready to move. Many people do this technique, but they usually don't stay this tight while also staying so tall.

Its safe from across field, but dangerous from straight on, basically his greatest danger he believes is in front of him, so he positions himself according to that threat.

Hope this helps.

MB
MBRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:41 PM #17
Soflaswabs561

This is exactly what i said lol. Hes staying tight and being able to wrap. Its the best way to stay tight and keep yourself away from inside threats. Only bad thing with this is there being a corner and him shooting tape. Which he would adjust properly. Try it out it works very good. Also good when you about to get bunkered you only leave yourself with a small portion of your body to be hit and have a chance of the person missing you.
Soflaswabs561 is offline   Reply With Quote