Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM #1
sau4u

Tac 8 chopping

Hey all, I fired up my tac 8 today, tried with 3 different mags, changed the c02 and a couple of different types of paint but I am chopping the balls in the mag. More accurately where the balls try to go into the barrel. Any ideas, whats wrong.
Tippman X7 Tippman Alpha Black
Azodin Kaos Pump
Tiberius 8.1
More to come
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 PM #2
de-evoproject

First i would say check velocity screw and make sure its not cycling at what would be equivalent of 450FPS. I know it sounds stupid but its commonly over looked after putting a marker back together to screw the velocity screw in to far or not enough and have the marker cycling so hot it breaks paint every shot.

If you didn't overlook that, make sure that your detents are installed CORRECTLY. Its kinda common mistake to install them inside out. This will cause breakage pretty badly bc now you have a lip inside the barrel.

If thats not what it is, check to see if the soft tip on the bolt has come off or loose. If the rubber nubin comes off the bolt you will be left with a divot in the center of the bolt with some relatively sharp edges that can break paint.

If this isn't the case check for bends, burrs or edges in the barrel breach.

Still not the case, check your paint, Tibs are picky.

If its still not fixed, post back up.