Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2010, 04:59 PM #64
el diOs

maybe people should stop complaining about it to nppl, and get on the phone with DXS. tell them you want them at nppl events. you would think they would help their customer base?

EMPIRE|KEE|RPS|TOPGUNPAINTBALL.COM|BIGEVILONLINE.C OM|FLORRYPB
el diOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:15 PM #65
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
what if kee paid to not allow draxxus in? they would make up for the payment in paint they sold. smart business move doggies.

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 PM #66
el diOs

what if, people stop pulling false claims out of their *** and posting them up on the forum? If their was such a conspiracy, why doesn't Draxxus come out and say? Why hasn't Draxxus done the same to KEE in PSP?

I take it you're sponsored by Draxxus since it's in your sig. Direct someone from Draxxus to this thread and have them state the reason why they are not sponsoring the NPPL this year and will not be providing their sponsored team paint at NPPL events.
So the real reason why is known, and not just someone just pulling **** out of their *** and making claims.
and not what you hear from so and so. the person who is in charge at Draxxus, come here and state why.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:59 PM #67
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
it is called logical business speculation. no company is going to make a statement to you, doofy. you are disrespectful and foolish.

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:17 PM #68
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by el diOs View Post
what if, people stop pulling false claims out of their *** and posting them up on the forum? If their was such a conspiracy, why doesn't Draxxus come out and say? Why hasn't Draxxus done the same to KEE in PSP?

I take it you're sponsored by Draxxus since it's in your sig. Direct someone from Draxxus to this thread and have them state the reason why they are not sponsoring the NPPL this year and will not be providing their sponsored team paint at NPPL events.
So the real reason why is known, and not just someone just pulling **** out of their *** and making claims.
and not what you hear from so and so. the person who is in charge at Draxxus, come here and state why.
then go ask why Dye isnt sponsoring the NPPL
or why APS wont sponsor the PSP

stop thinking that EVERY paintball company has to sponsor EVERY paintball league
a choice was made to save money for one reason or another

Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM #69
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego 321 View Post
nppl has to do something, unless they are charging the NPPl 30 a case and they pocketing money
do you think people are buying paint from the NPPL? cause they aren't - manufacturers set the price - pay and play... this isn't a free sport
Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 PM #70
CMUshocker
The West is the Best

has been a member for 10 years
CMUshocker plays in the USPL
CMUshocker plays in the PSP
CMUshocker plays in the APPA D3 division
To Bam86 & WinnersCircle

I agree with all of your points. The NPPL has never told the paint companies what they must sell the paint for at the event. But they have always charged them a price to put their truck on the property and sell their paint. So what ever they charge for a kick back fee some what effects the cost to the team and players. But the NPPL is a business and has to charge a premium price to survive and put the next event on, so that I understand....same with the paint companies.

I remember when trucks would park offsite to save cash, smart on their part. I personally remember at MAO a few years back when the Chronic trailer parked in an empty lot across the street and sold paint haha. We were in the semi finals and had no cash or paint and KEE refused to give us paint on credit even though we were repping them and Gary Shows brought a skit over from his trailer (Chronic) and just gave it to us right in front of KEE's face b/c he liked the way we were playing. Different day...different time in paintball

In this day and age, as a team or a coach of a team, you had better talk with the paint companies and see what league or leagues they are going to represent before the season starts. If you are just playing PSP, check and see who is going to rep them and see what kind of sponsorship you can work out with them. I know of one pro team this year that shoots Draxxus in PSP and KEE in NPPL just so they can get better paint deals at both events. Its all about survival now...

Camp P Raiders
"Whoever said money can't buy your happiness doesn't know where to shop."
~Ted DiBiase (The Million Dollar Man)

LA Bushwackers semi-pro (RIP)
Detroit Action DII PSP (RIP)
CMUshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:01 PM #71
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFD View Post
HAHAHAHA you have no idea
you mean the companies don'y give you guys free gear by the truckload!?! I'm shocked to be learning this!!!!!
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:37 PM #72
502 killa
THIRDEYE

Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
kee was saying the same thing for psp's and for every item of empire gear your team wears its 5$ off a case.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:19 PM #73
el diOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6shot View Post
it is called logical business speculation. no company is going to make a statement to you, doofy. you are disrespectful and foolish.
yeah i'm the foolish one here, cause i'm the one making false claims about shady business practices. You keep a tight grip on that theory.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:30 PM #74
el diOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9940 View Post
then go ask why Dye isnt sponsoring the NPPL
or why APS wont sponsor the PSP
I dont have to, I'm not on a forum making false claims about why, with nothing to back it up. just like i don't care if draxus doesn't want to sponor the nppl. they lose out and the teams they sponsor, that play in the nppl, lose even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9940 View Post
stop thinking that EVERY paintball company has to sponsor EVERY paintball league
a choice was made to save money for one reason or another
i don't know where you got this from? maybe you pulled it out of the other guys ***, cause i never mentioned anything about every paintball company has to sponsor every event. please whatever you're smoke pass it the other way. maybe you should just stop thinking all together.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM #75
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Here is the simple truth. Each paint manufacturer has to pay to be a sponsor like at a business conference. It gives them the right to market and sell their product at events.

Neither PSP nor NPPL dictates a price for paint. For the past 4 years that I have played Nationals, the prices have been $55 for the BEST (Ultra Evil and Draxxus Gold). It's not the paint that is the problem at events, it's the players. It's your responsiblity to understand how paint works.

As far as sponsorship and discounts, that's completely up to you. How well do you represent your sponsors, what is your teams history, players history. What has happened is the current economy and weather is dictating who gets sponsored.

Paintball is a business. Companies are in the business of making money. The less money they make, the less sponsorship they can give. The IRS dictates how much can be used for Marketing. Sponsorship is marketing. So if Kee made $2 Million Dollars in 2008, they can only assign $600,000 for marketing. So if a league charges $10,000 per event. Automatically, $100,000 (10 events) of the $600,000 goes to being allowed to sell the paint. 16 pro teams shoot 3000 of paint per event. That $48,000 an event, $480,000 a season.

Yes I know the numbers are wrong, but this is hypthetical.

I paid full price for 3 events before getting a deal. It wasn't till our First Podium that we got a paint deal.

Stop Whining, and just plan to shoot 55-70 cases of paint. Only 25 if you dont plan on making it to Sunday.
BlackCellPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:40 PM #76
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post
Here is the simple truth. Each paint manufacturer has to pay to be a sponsor like at a business conference. It gives them the right to market and sell their product at events.

Neither PSP nor NPPL dictates a price for paint. For the past 4 years that I have played Nationals, the prices have been $55 for the BEST (Ultra Evil and Draxxus Gold). It's not the paint that is the problem at events, it's the players. It's your responsiblity to understand how paint works.

As far as sponsorship and discounts, that's completely up to you. How well do you represent your sponsors, what is your teams history, players history. What has happened is the current economy and weather is dictating who gets sponsored.

Paintball is a business. Companies are in the business of making money. The less money they make, the less sponsorship they can give. The IRS dictates how much can be used for Marketing. Sponsorship is marketing. So if Kee made $2 Million Dollars in 2008, they can only assign $600,000 for marketing. So if a league charges $10,000 per event. Automatically, $100,000 (10 events) of the $600,000 goes to being allowed to sell the paint. 16 pro teams shoot 3000 of paint per event. That $48,000 an event, $480,000 a season.

I paid full price for 3 events before getting a deal. It wasn't till our First Podium that we got a paint deal.

Stop Whining, and just plan to shoot 55-70 cases of paint. Only 25 if you dont plan on making it to Sunday.
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:48 PM #77
egomaniac2372

ok ive read all 4 pages of posting here and it all leads to one thing that i dont see anyone bringing up. if you play both psp and the uspl, which is a large number of pro and high ranked teams, what paint sponser are you going to be looking at to pick up?? obviosly its going to be kee with having a major distribution of paint in 2 of the biggest paintball leagues in the world. with kee having this advantage it puts a $55 price tag on all paint that a non-sponsered team in buying. kee figures that these teams that arent sponsered to them arent 100% loyal so they charge them extra knowing they have one of the greatst paint products on the market and the fact that the team may only buy one or two cases from them so they need to get there money while they can. ultra evil is by far the greatest tournament paint ive ever shot and thats the paint ill be shooting next weekend at hb.

GEAR BAG SALE
egomaniac2372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 PM #78
Boufy
Dusty.Dusty.Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post

lol we shot like 12 or 13 cases at victorville xpsl 08 and made it to sunday no prob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el diOs View Post
I dont have to, I'm not on a forum making false claims about why, with nothing to back it up. just like i don't care if draxus doesn't want to sponor the nppl. they lose out and the teams they sponsor, that play in the nppl, lose even more.

i don't know where you got this from? maybe you pulled it out of the other guys ***, cause i never mentioned anything about every paintball company has to sponsor every event. please whatever you're smoke pass it the other way. maybe you should just stop thinking all together.
why do you need to be such an ***?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:19 PM #79
Dizbiotch
D-Botch

WOW...... this thread is still alive???
If you aren't playing in the event, don't worry about it.

If you are playing in the event, stop complaining about it. You have already signed up and paid for the event. Are you not gonna go now because you just now found out how much paint was gonna cost you?? Nope, probably not. So whats the point of complaining?

Let this thread die. I don't know the facts, and most likely no one in this thread does either. The only place your gonna find them is through the dealers, and they're probably not gonna tell anyone the true reasons on why they did/didn't sponsor the event. You know why, cause the guys workin at the events didn't sign the check to pay to be there, they didn't make the decision on what league to sponsor, they are there doing there job....and that is to sell there product to you guys. So the chances of any one of us finding out the TRUE reason to any of this is real slim.

just my $.2

Rotors and Podpacks
Dizbiotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:41 AM #80
CHASM
Ur not ur ****in khakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6shot View Post
lol foolish.. companys are always saying how they want to keep paintball alive and then theyre monopolizing paint at whats looked at as one of the best events of the year hb. thats really going to make people want to keep playing.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:55 AM #81
FB KiLLa
My Gats On Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizbiotch View Post

just my $.2
just your twenty cents?

SoMich ARMY....Pants Optional

Still Playin at 32x
FB KiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:04 AM #82
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizbiotch View Post
Of course this thread is still alive.
PB Nation + Whining Thread = Alive Even after HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB KiLLa View Post
just your twenty cents?
So if you shoot him 8 times then he will become 50 cent?
BlackCellPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 PM #83
Dizbiotch
D-Botch

i figured 2 cents wasn't enough, so i put in twenty.. lol

Rotors and Podpacks
Dizbiotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:36 PM #84
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
I need 20 cents to pay for paint now because it's so expensive. Zap used to give any team paint for $20 if you asked them for it. In 2004 at least

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote