Community Focus

Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 AM #43
Boufy
Dusty.Dusty.Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidvtec View Post
i Reply'd to the email that NPPL sent out

Nina W from Kee was very helpful and fast

you people sound like a bunch of whiney kids....paintball is a Expensive sport.....MAN up and put in some WORK!!!!!

kee will be selling other paint beside ultra evil Aswell...come on now!!!...never shot valken so i can't comment

ULTRA EVIL is where its at!!!!!
Paintball is an expensive sport. But charging ****ing 55 a case? And sean thanks for the info, because as of Monday they weren't bringing any paint but ultra evil and I wasn't ready to pay that for ultra evil
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 AM #44
Ches7er

Ches7er supports Bob Gurnsey
i should just go to hb for the paint deals.... its ALOT cheaper then what i could get at my field.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM #45
Hai Matty
ELOHEL

Hai Matty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DUMB i dont even think they charge 55 a case for recballers
Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM #46
naughty88

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
naughty88 is a Professional paintball player
naughty88 plays in the PSP
naughty88 donated to help Peyton Trent
naughty88 plays in the APPA Pro division
naughty88 supports DLX Technology
Well this is no good for the draxxus teams... Looks like I will be at HB with my team and thats about it since they won't let draxxus in!
G.I. Sportz, DLX Technologies, PB Rack
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
OLED Luxe For Sale
naughty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:21 PM #47
Eric99BL

Eric99BL is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai Matty View Post
DUMB i dont even think they charge 55 a case for recballers
Lol I really really hope they won't and no one has actually confirmed this yet
Old 03-26-2010, 01:55 PM #48
oomay

oomay plays in the USPL
oomay plays in the PSP
oomay plays in the APPA D3 division
at least let us use our own paint lol. i rather shoot draxxus than anything, but you guys wont have it
LUXE#1619
oomay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:58 PM #49
vivalaconfederacy
El PRESIDENTE

vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
vivalaconfederacy supports Pev's Paintball
If this is the case my team will leave the nppl /uspl never to come back , with many to follow I'm sure. If the nppl wants to survive they need to by their $&@$ straight or they will die forever
XSV EGO9
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3264655
vivalaconfederacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:53 PM #50
Ches7er

Ches7er supports Bob Gurnsey
i think it has more to do with draxxus not wanting to have there paint at nppl they could become a sponsor just like everyone else.... also isant HB the only event thats event paint only ( meaning you have to buy at the event) i remember last year all the other events you could get your paint from where ever as long as it was the right brands
Old 03-29-2010, 03:19 PM #51
freeXbird
SUNS OUT GUNS OUT

freeXbird plays in the USPL
freeXbird supports Cereal Killerz 2
freeXbird plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boufy View Post
and KEE is not carrying ANY other paint at the tournament...
Talked to our field owner today. They will be carrying more than one grade at the event.
NEW YORK EVIL NAPL 11'
HORNETS NEST RUBBER DUCKIES
freeXbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:47 PM #52
naughty88

Annual Supporting Member
naughty88 is a Professional paintball player
naughty88 plays in the PSP
naughty88 donated to help Peyton Trent
naughty88 plays in the APPA Pro division
naughty88 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ches7er View Post
i think it has more to do with draxxus not wanting to have there paint at nppl they could become a sponsor just like everyone else.... also isant HB the only event thats event paint only ( meaning you have to buy at the event) i remember last year all the other events you could get your paint from where ever as long as it was the right brands
you are mistaken on draxxus...
G.I. Sportz, DLX Technologies, PB Rack
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
OLED Luxe For Sale
naughty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 AM #53
sethsmith46
pocket full of stones

sethsmith46 plays in the PSP
sethsmith46 plays in the APPA D3 division
no DXS we be ****ed
Swamp Chickenz
DHK
Beefy Boys
GEAR BAG SALE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post80243697
sethsmith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:05 PM #54
taag_paintball

I've been told by John Pope Valken will have Paint there for $40 a case
Old 04-01-2010, 08:51 PM #55
CMUshocker
The West is the Best

CMUshocker plays in the USPL
CMUshocker plays in the PSP
CMUshocker plays in the APPA D3 division
I have been watching this thread for the past couple of weeks and every time I'm ready to respond, I read another new post and re-think my position on things. There are so many posts and people that I want to quote and comment on, but we have all read them already, so I will save some time here...

In typical paintball fashion, it comes back to $$$ and sponsorship. Once again PSP and NPPL/USPL are battling each other for the sponsors, making companies choose what league they want to be associated with. For example, KEE is the only BIG paint company that the NPPL is allowing to sell their product at HB as Draxxus has chosen to only sell their product at PSP events( I know Valken will be there, but I said BIG paint company; this reminds me of XO last year in Phoenix battling the big boys of KEE and Draxxus and was then bought out by KEE). It's the same with paintball hardware companies, for example take DYE. They are a major sponsor of PSP, so they do not send any of their trailers/techs or product to USPL events. Dye even stepped up the heat last year in HB by not sending the Ironmen to play the event, as they did not play any NPPL/USPL events (although some Ironmen guested on Dye Sponsored teams). They are doing the same procedure this year as of right now.

When choosing leagues, we the players are hurt more than anyone else with this kind of business. Just look at the paint prices for HB, nuff said. I feel like the NPPL is saying to all the Draxxus teams "Sorry, were not selling that here because they won't give us a cut or kick back. You cannot bring or shoot your Draxxus at our events either. Finally, we are going to charge you $55 a case to shoot our sponsored KEE paint." I keep hearing different stories about what Valken will be charging for a case so I can't speak for them, but I did talk to my KEE rep and they said "multiple brands at $55 a case." With the NPPL trying to get back on track to the glory days of 05' and '06, I feel they are going in the opposite direction, I mean what are they thinking?

With the current economic situation, the last thing we the players need is another 7man vs xball sponsor battle...but that is exactly what is shaping up this season. Just like last year, paintball and companies will choose and players will lose.....

Camp P Raiders
"Whoever said money can't buy your happiness doesn't know where to shop."
~Ted DiBiase (The Million Dollar Man)

LA Bushwackers semi-pro (RIP)
Detroit Action DII PSP (RIP)

Last edited by CMUshocker : 04-02-2010 at 12:31 AM.
CMUshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:34 PM #56
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
^^^

amazing points dude...
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:14 PM #57
newfie420
ToO FaSt 4 U

newfie420 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
newfie420 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifte_ View Post
I think it is funny that you think all pro players get everything for free...better yet, they are getting if free on your dollar which makes it that much better...

I can only think of a "few" pro teams that get a full ride...others still have to pay their way, it might be at a discounted cost from what you pay, but hey they are pro players...I am pretty sure they have busted their hump to get where they are at now, unlike you who sits back and cries about prices, and not getting free stuff..

Most people still don't understand that there are not too many great sponsorship deals out there like there used to be...

HAHAH, you dont have a clue, not a clue what your talking about..go get some freinds that are pro and let them tell you how it works in the big leagues, just dont make **** up yourself
newfie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:52 PM #58
el diOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMUshocker View Post
I keep hearing different stories ....
why not ask a DXS rep or USPL rep to set the facts straight. maybe it goes beyond what we see from the sidelines.

EMPIRE|KEE|RPS|TOPGUNPAINTBALL.COM|BIGEVILONLINE.C OM|FLORRYPB
el diOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 PM #59
Bam86

Annual Supporting Member
Bam86 plays in the USPL
Bam86 plays in the PSP
Bam86 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMUshocker View Post

When choosing leagues, we the players are hurt more than anyone else with this kind of business. Just look at the paint prices for HB, nuff said. I feel like the NPPL is saying to all the Draxxus teams "Sorry, were not selling that here because they won't give us a cut or kick back. You cannot bring or shoot your Draxxus at our events either. Finally, we are going to charge you $55 a case to shoot our sponsored KEE paint." I keep hearing different stories about what Valken will be charging for a case so I can't speak for them, but I did talk to my KEE rep and they said "multiple brands at $55 a case." With the NPPL trying to get back on track to the glory days of 05' and '06, I feel they are going in the opposite direction, I mean what are they thinking?
I agree on some parts and it was a good post BUT... the NPPL/USPL has already said that they have no affect on the paint price from what I understand, it is up to KEE and Valken (in this example). The Sponsors pay to have a spot in the trade show and decide what level of sponsorship they are going to be. Then they bring their staff and techs to the events to help people. They also bring alot of their merchandise to sell.

The problem I have been seeing, and this is just an assumption, is that at these events the main sponsors are not being able to move even very small amounts of merchandise. It is happening not only at the events but also just every weekend. More buying and selling is going on in the BST of PBNation that goes on at regular local shops or even online shops. If we are not buying new gear and supporting these companies but still wanting a hand out, this is what we are getting. These companies are tired of seeing their logo on a custom jersey of a team and no one noticing that they have new cool jerseys out there.

I think this has been a long time coming and I think understand what is going on. If you want a deal talk to KEE and see what you can do for them first before you go and ask for cheap paint.
Old & New Feed Back
Bam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM #60
JMFD

JMFD is a Professional paintball player
JMFD plays in the USPL
JMFD plays in the PSP
JMFD plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie420 View Post
HAHAH, you dont have a clue, not a clue what your talking about..go get some freinds that are pro and let them tell you how it works in the big leagues, just dont make **** up yourself
HAHAHAHA you have no idea
JMFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 PM #61
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFD View Post
HAHAHAHA you have no idea

HAHA

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:41 PM #62
WinnersCircle

WinnersCircle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WinnersCircle plays in the APPA D2 division
First of all, for the NPPL Huntington Beach event, both Valken and KEE will be there with paint, so you will have a choice of what to shoot. THe best way to get a good price is to have a sponsorship arrangement with one of the companies, or arrange your paint ahead of time by contacting them directly, or better yet, by having one of their dealers contact them on your behalf to arrange for your paint (your local store or field). If you just show up, and wander up to their trailer, expect to pay more than if you arrange it ahead of time.

Here's the deal with paint at tournaments. The NPPL and the PSP rely on sponsors and team entry fees to survive. The leagues need the money from sponsors to continue with events. If they charge one paint company money to be there, and then let another paint company pay nothing and ship paint to the hotel, or park a paint truck down the street from the event (this used to happen all the time), they are not protecting the sponsors who are paying them money and keeping them in business. KEE and Valken have chosen to support the NPPL and pay to sell paint there. KEE and Draxxus have chosen to support the PSP and pay to sell paint there. Valken could sponsor the PSP and have paint there, and Draxxus could support the NPPL and have paint there, but they have chosen not to.

Think about it. Why would KEE and Draxxus pay good money to be at the PSP if Valken were to pay nothing and just parked their truck across the street from the PSP site or shipped paint to the hotel and let players pick it up there each day? Why would KEE and Valken pay to be at NPPL events if Draxxus could do something similar? The NPPL and the PSP have an obligation to their sponsors to protect them from things like this.

The PSP and NPPL have no control over the prices that KEE, Draxxus, and Valken charge players for paint. Each company may choose to give paint away or sell it. They determine the prices they sell it for. If your team has a relationship with KEE, Draxxus, or Valken through a sponsorship or a store or field who has an account, you will typically get a better price than someone who they don't know. Since there are multiple companies providing paint at both NPPL and PSP events, players will have a choice, so if a company charges too much, or has a poor product, players will choose the other brand of paint. If Valken or Draxxus feels they are missing out on too may sales by only supporting one league, they may decide to support both leagues at some point in the future. For now each company is doing what they think is best.

Hopefully all of you understand that running these tournaments is not a money making thing for the PSP or the NPPL, and that without sponsors, the events would not happen. Your support of sponsors who attend the events you like is crucial to the leagues staying around, so if you like the NPPL or the PSP (hopefully you like both), support the sponsors who put their money into supporting the leagues.
WinnersCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:48 PM #63
rudeawakening 7
pokémon!

rudeawakening 7 plays in the PSP
rudeawakening 7 plays in the APPA D4 division
I think the major thing to realize is KEE is the only big paint dealer at this event, I truly doubt the majority of people have ever shot Valken so they are apt not to buy it. If KEE has no competition they essentially have a monopoly over paint prices(no competitors).
rudeawakening 7 is offline   Reply With Quote