Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2010, 01:57 PM #1
fnastro

What is the best Radio for Scenario

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what would be a reliable communications system for scenario play. The fields we play are generally a mile or two long. The talk abouts are only good for very short range. Marine radios are out because of licensing. The problem is we play in very hilly areas. Any suggestions?
fnastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 AM #2
indy007
ND Toy Company

Icom programmable VHF hand-helds.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:18 AM #3
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Yep the VHS. Crystal Clear at a half mile. Expensive though. Technically, they require a license as do the Talk Abouts. Not a problem unless you are using the same frequency as the local first responders. Hence programmable instead of fixed crystals.

A HUGE Games like D Day. Skirmish, etc. Even they have difficulty with so many people using them. Send me a PM and I can give you a couple of solutions for that problem. Start with which game and which side. Some of this info is 'classified'.

Now the Talk Abouts have a quirk that many don't know about it. SOME of the channels are a full watt of transmission power and other are a HALF Watt.

Needless you say you want to make sure you are using the full watt channels for max range for Command and Control. Use the half watt channels for squad com.

I don't trust my memory so just check the manual or go to the manufacturer's website for which channels are which.
Boom Master is online now   Reply With Quote