Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 PM #946
Rolns
 
 
Rolns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL
Rolns plays in the PSP
Rolns owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rolns owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Rolns posts videos on PbNation
Rolns plays in the APPA D4 division
My threads on my tank are more than usual worn looking, but they still will tighten up on my asa. I have a small leak and was going to get a tech at my local field to take off my quick fill port(idk its true name) and put some teflon tape on it to fix the leak, but he saw my threads and said the reg was stripped and wouldnt work. He said he thought at any time it would strip the threads completely and the tank would shoot off. As long as it will still tighten I figured I was fine. What do you think??
__________________
Confidence is the stain they can't wipe off!
~DEVASTATION~
~Chkn #69~
Rolns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 PM #947
NSGSplatmaster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NSGSplatmaster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
John -

I sent my take in for some service as per request on this thread. Can you please confirm that it was received? I can PM your or E-Mail you my contact information, whichever you prefer. Thanks.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM #948
bamacker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Guerrilla 70/45

Just got a 70/45 tank with myth reg. Went to screw it in and the gauge hits the grip, so I can't screw it in all the way. What do I do? I have a Luxe 1.5. Please Help.
bamacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 AM #949
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacker View Post
Just got a 70/45 tank with myth reg. Went to screw it in and the gauge hits the grip, so I can't screw it in all the way. What do I do? I have a Luxe 1.5. Please Help.

This is a common problem with GA regs since they are so short. Slide your ASA back a little until the GA reg clears and can completely tighten down. I have had to do this on several of my guns since I now only have GA regs on my tanks.
__________________
Insight NG and DP Threshy for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4417953
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 AM #950
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
1. I have a 4500 psi Myth 2 reg that randomly blows the 1800psi burst disk. I bought the reg used with the burst disk blown. The original owner replaced it at least once before selling the reg to me. I took the reg completely apart and looked for a bad o-ring or damaged reg seat, scoring or anything and found nothing. I cleaned everything, applied a little DOW33 lube and reassembled. The tank has been filled at least 15 times and the reg has worked fine for several months until tonight. I was filling the tank off my 3300 psi scuba tank and the 1800 psi burst disk blew again. I let the pressure drain out and then took the reg apart. There is no evidence of a damaged o-ring and the reg seat looks good. I have 3 other tanks with 4500 psi myth 2 regs and they all work fine. Any ideas?

2. Inside the myth regs are 2 springs. The larger one is under the piston and the smaller one is under the pin valve. Since the bonnet presses the piston down and compresses the bigger spring to some extent it would seem that the bigger spring is what defines the output pressure of the regulator and the smaller spring merely keeps the valve shut. Is that accurate? Where do I get the lower/higher pressure springs? Is there a 300-400psi spring?
__________________
Insight NG and DP Threshy for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4417953

Last edited by rkenders : 04-04-2012 at 12:29 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 AM #951
rawngermy
Master Baiter
 
rawngermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: I'm in your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
Soon!!! I would say they will be available in stores before Summer!!!
Sa...weet
__________________
BLITZ
HOPES & DREAMS

PAINTBALL GATEWAY
LOS ANGELES PAINTBALL COMPANY
Gearbag Sale
rawngermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM #952
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolns View Post
My threads on my tank are more than usual worn looking, but they still will tighten up on my asa. I have a small leak and was going to get a tech at my local field to take off my quick fill port(idk its true name) and put some teflon tape on it to fix the leak, but he saw my threads and said the reg was stripped and wouldnt work. He said he thought at any time it would strip the threads completely and the tank would shoot off. As long as it will still tighten I figured I was fine. What do you think??
Unfortunately, there are a lot of so called field "technicians" that present their knowledge as fact. When in truth, they have not received any formal training from a certified training program like PTI or from the manufacturers.

First of all, the tank would not shoot off and rocket itself across the parking lot in the event the threads on your regulator are in such poor condition it would separate un-aided from your marker ASA. This is what the pin valve is for on regulators and Co2 valves. It shuts of the air flow as soon as it is separated from the ASA and only remains open while it is fully engaged into the ASA.

Applying some lubricant on the threads would reduce the amount of wear that occurs.

If you would like to send you air system to our facility and we can conduct a thorough evaluation for you. Let me know how you would like to proceed.
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:25 PM #953
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGSplatmaster View Post
John -

I sent my take in for some service as per request on this thread. Can you please confirm that it was received? I can PM your or E-Mail you my contact information, whichever you prefer. Thanks.
You can email me at john@guerrillaair.com and I will look into it.

Thanks!!!
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 PM #954
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacker View Post
Just got a 70/45 tank with myth reg. Went to screw it in and the gauge hits the grip, so I can't screw it in all the way. What do I do? I have a Luxe 1.5. Please Help.
Hi Brent,

I emailed this response to you earlier.

We are working on releasing an extender for the Myth regulators. It will be available in a couple of months. In the meantime, using the ASA spacer that comes with your Luxe should give you enough clearance to screw in your air system properly.

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:30 PM #955
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
This is a common problem with GA regs since they are so short. Slide your ASA back a little until the GA reg clears and can completely tighten down. I have had to do this on several of my guns since I now only have GA regs on my tanks.
Thanks rkenders!!!
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 PM #956
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
1. I have a 4500 psi Myth 2 reg that randomly blows the 1800psi burst disk. I bought the reg used with the burst disk blown. The original owner replaced it at least once before selling the reg to me. I took the reg completely apart and looked for a bad o-ring or damaged reg seat, scoring or anything and found nothing. I cleaned everything, applied a little DOW33 lube and reassembled. The tank has been filled at least 15 times and the reg has worked fine for several months until tonight. I was filling the tank off my 3300 psi scuba tank and the 1800 psi burst disk blew again. I let the pressure drain out and then took the reg apart. There is no evidence of a damaged o-ring and the reg seat looks good. I have 3 other tanks with 4500 psi myth 2 regs and they all work fine. Any ideas?

2. Inside the myth regs are 2 springs. The larger one is under the piston and the smaller one is under the pin valve. Since the bonnet presses the piston down and compresses the bigger spring to some extent it would seem that the bigger spring is what defines the output pressure of the regulator and the smaller spring merely keeps the valve shut. Is that accurate? Where do I get the lower/higher pressure springs? Is there a 300-400psi spring?
1) If you are having premature rupturing of the burst disc, it will be an issue with the seat not properly sealing. Visually the seat may look fine but a small imperfection on the surface even microscopic from debris will prevent the seat from having a positive seal against the seat retainer orifice. Check the seat retainer for any dirt or debris.

2) You are correct with the main spring under the piston is what dictates the output pressure of the regulator. To bring the output pressure of the regulator down between 300-400psi will require a combination of spring and seat retainer with the appropriate orifice size.

Email me at john@guerrillaair.com with a pasted copy of this post and we can proceed from there.
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM #957
Jakkin
 
 
Jakkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
why is the ELOP reg set to 275 when the ninja SLP is set to 300, are they made for different purposes or something?
__________________
VX'D CLONE FST
Jakkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:56 PM #958
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkin View Post
why is the ELOP reg set to 275 when the ninja SLP is set to 300, are they made for different purposes or something?

We provide the ELOP regulators with an output pressure range of 250-300psi depending on the user's preference. Some G6R users find their marker works better at a slightly lower input pressure from their air system but the standard output from the ELOP is 275psi.
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:25 AM #959
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
1. Ninja has released their new regulator which contains washers for adjusting the output pressure. The washers compress the internal spring (washer stack). All 4 washers give you 800psi and 1 washer gives like 300psi. I'm not sure which way it works since there are 2 ways to use the regulator spring to operate the piston. I don't know if the piston is pressed closed harder or lifted a little by the washers. It does give me an idea about tweaking GA regulators. If I were to add a washer between the spring and piston would that raise or lower the reg output pressure?

2. What is difference inside a 3000psi reg and 4500psi reg? It would seem logical that there is no difference since a 4500psi reg obviously works at 3000psi. It would just be a difference in the pressure capability of the bottle that would matter.
__________________
Insight NG and DP Threshy for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4417953

Last edited by rkenders : 04-06-2012 at 05:28 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:32 AM #960
510waffles
Call Me Maybe
 
510waffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Luis Obispo,CA
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
510waffles has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
510waffles supports DLX Technology
I have a guerilla tank with a myth reg, the tank spiked and blew out the gasket in the solenoid on my geo....I sent the tank in less than 3 months ago and i have only played twice...
__________________
510waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:55 PM #961
harrydao
 
 
harrydao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, California, U
harrydao has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
harrydao has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a g6r using a 48/45 guerrilla tank, for some reason, i can only get 4-5 pods of off the tank. I know for sure it is not because of my gun because i tried on my friend's guerrilla tank and i can get a lot lot more pods out of the tank ( same size). I have SLP reg installed on my tank also. Please help.
__________________


harrydao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM #962
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!
 
kAmAkAzEe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
Does the pro fill nipple come standard on your air systems or is it strictly a sepate accessory?
kAmAkAzEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM #963
jobs15
 
 
jobs15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
my valve is stuck in my asa and when try to twist it just removes the tank from the valve not the valve from the asa....i just bought a new asa and i should have lubed it...any suggested?
jobs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:41 AM #964
NicholasHoey
PB, No Jellies Allowed
 
NicholasHoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
NicholasHoey donated to help Peyton Trent
NicholasHoey owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NicholasHoey plays in the APPA D4 division
NicholasHoey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
do the pro burst disks have standard threads/fit any reg?
__________________
Everything is Bigger in TEXAS/ProEdgePB/Feedback
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
"Originally posted by semiprohooker: If Whataburger delivered there would be so many fewer DWI's"
NicholasHoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:21 PM #965
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
1. Ninja has released their new regulator which contains washers for adjusting the output pressure. The washers compress the internal spring (washer stack). All 4 washers give you 800psi and 1 washer gives like 300psi. I'm not sure which way it works since there are 2 ways to use the regulator spring to operate the piston. I don't know if the piston is pressed closed harder or lifted a little by the washers. It does give me an idea about tweaking GA regulators. If I were to add a washer between the spring and piston would that raise or lower the reg output pressure?

2. What is difference inside a 3000psi reg and 4500psi reg? It would seem logical that there is no difference since a 4500psi reg obviously works at 3000psi. It would just be a difference in the pressure capability of the bottle that would matter.
1) The amount of pressure it takes to compress the regulator spring determines the amount of pressure the regulator will release. Adding a washer will add to the resistance of the spring to compress therefore increasing the amount of pressure released by the regulator.

2) No difference internally between the 3K and 4.5K regs just the specified burst discs.
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 PM #966
John S.
 
 
John S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510waffles View Post
I have a guerilla tank with a myth reg, the tank spiked and blew out the gasket in the solenoid on my geo....I sent the tank in less than 3 months ago and i have only played twice...
If you need to have your air system serviced, send it to our facility at:

Guerrilla Air
Attn: Technical Support
14111 S. Kingsley Dr.
Gardena, CA 90249

Do not forget to include a brief note describing the problem you experienced with your name, phone, and return shipping address.
__________________
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump