Community Focus

Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM #925
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
Did you just want to order the cylinder by itself without a regulator?
Depends on the length of the tank with and without the reg. I prefer a longer setup.

If you could PM me the info on it that would be great.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2012, 02:18 AM #926
munno#37

I have a 68/45 with a myth 2 reg and shoot a DM12 and the tank pings like crazy its super annoying can anything be done about this? The tank is louder than the gun.
munno#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:54 PM #927
teh_chris1627

I have a 68 4500 tank. It has a couple of chips in the epoxy coating. I have already sent it in to Guerrilla once for this exact problem, and 2 of the 3 chips in the epoxy where patched and then it was sent back with the third chip still in the epoxy un repaired. There was a slight new bubble in the epoxy when I got it back but just assumed it was a lump of epoxy or something from the repair job. This was a few months ago. I have left it in the box it was shipped in till about two weeks ago. I took the tank out of the box and put it into a rino cover and wrapped it in a towel. and then put it in a pouch of my gear bag packed between my jersey and pants. When I got to the field to play I pulled the tank out and went to show one of my team mates the patch the bubble had chipped off leaving me a brand new whole in my epoxy. So my tank has now chipped 4 times one chip all the way into the fiber wrap. Should I just toss the tank at this point it is still in its first hydro and this is kinda terrifying that a HIGH PRESSURE TANK is just randomly chipping pieces of epoxy for no apparent reason.
teh_chris1627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:23 PM #928
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_chris1627 View Post
I have a 68 4500 tank. It has a couple of chips in the epoxy coating. I have already sent it in to Guerrilla once for this exact problem, and 2 of the 3 chips in the epoxy where patched and then it was sent back with the third chip still in the epoxy un repaired. There was a slight new bubble in the epoxy when I got it back but just assumed it was a lump of epoxy or something from the repair job. This was a few months ago. I have left it in the box it was shipped in till about two weeks ago. I took the tank out of the box and put it into a rino cover and wrapped it in a towel. and then put it in a pouch of my gear bag packed between my jersey and pants. When I got to the field to play I pulled the tank out and went to show one of my team mates the patch the bubble had chipped off leaving me a brand new whole in my epoxy. So my tank has now chipped 4 times one chip all the way into the fiber wrap. Should I just toss the tank at this point it is still in its first hydro and this is kinda terrifying that a HIGH PRESSURE TANK is just randomly chipping pieces of epoxy for no apparent reason.
Please send the tank back to our facility and we will re-evaluate the adhesion of the clearcoat finish on the tank. It may be due to the clearcoat being improperly cure. Your tank may qualify for refinishing or replacement.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:28 PM #929
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munno#37 View Post
I have a 68/45 with a myth 2 reg and shoot a DM12 and the tank pings like crazy its super annoying can anything be done about this? The tank is louder than the gun.
We have found that the pinging anomaly on the regulator is more pronounced on low pressure high volume operating markers. We can address this for you if you send your air system to our facility. Please include a note describing the issue you would addressed. We have DYE markers here at our facility to test your air system after it has been service to see if the issue has been resolved.

Email me at john@guerrillaair.com for more information.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:18 PM #930
spam-n-rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryatguerrillaair View Post
"Old' 68/4500 grey bottle is 8 5/8in tall. "New" black bottle is 8 1/16in tall. 2.2lb. Grey 70/4500, 9 1/2in tall, Black 9 5/8 in tall. 2.0 lb.
I noticed that the weight provided comes after the description of the black bottles. Does that mean the weight of the grey bottles are unknown or does it mean both the gray and black bottles (with the same volume) weigh the same - 2.2lbs for the 68/4500 and 2.0 lbs for the 70/4500? Can you please clarify?
spam-n-rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:51 PM #931
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam-n-rice View Post
I noticed that the weight provided comes after the description of the black bottles. Does that mean the weight of the grey bottles are unknown or does it mean both the gray and black bottles (with the same volume) weigh the same - 2.2lbs for the 68/4500 and 2.0 lbs for the 70/4500? Can you please clarify?
1st Generation "Grey" tanks were from Gayston Corp. in Ohio and were heavier.

2nd Generation "Grey" tanks were from Luxfer Cylinders in California which were later colored black and are lighter than the 1st Gen tanks.

There have been minor variations in tank dimensions and weights from different manufacturers. It all depends on what the manufacturer is capable of doing per our specifications and still keeping the cost down.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 AM #932
TIII

The lens on my new Myth G2 clicks slightly. Is this not a problem that warrants attention? My older (non G2) Myth exhibits no movement between the guage and crystal...

I'm assuming that this needn't be a sealing issue, right?
TIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 PM #933
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIII View Post
The lens on my new Myth G2 clicks slightly. Is this not a problem that warrants attention? My older (non G2) Myth exhibits no movement between the guage and crystal...

I'm assuming that this needn't be a sealing issue, right?
The lens on the gauge is only a cover and not necessarily air tight. The needle indicator of the gauge is at the end of a hollow copper tube which has been wound into a spring. The end of it is solder sealed with the body of the gauge and with the gauge sealed into the regulator, the hollow copper tube is the only portion of the gauge that is pressurized.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 AM #934
Hi Im A Duck
Almost Doesnt Count

Hi Im A Duck owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hi Im A Duck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi Im A Duck has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi Im A Duck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok so i know that if you get oil in your tanks fill nipple it can be like an explosive so ik not to put oil any where near the fill nipple but what if a paintball hits the fill nipple and gets oil inside? Arnt paintballs oil based so if that happens what do you do?

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
90% teenagers today prefer electros over pumps. If you are a teen who rocks a pump, add this to your sig.
Hi Im A Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 PM #935
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Im A Duck View Post
Ok so i know that if you get oil in your tanks fill nipple it can be like an explosive so ik not to put oil any where near the fill nipple but what if a paintball hits the fill nipple and gets oil inside? Arnt paintballs oil based so if that happens what do you do?
Actually, paintballs nowadays do not contain oil. Oil is no longer used in the production of paintballs because of its effects in the environment.

Paintballs are now manufactured with the use of PEG (polyethylene glycol) which is commonly used in industrial manufacturing of medicines. It is also used as one of the basic ingredient in laxatives.

Use a fill nipple cover to prevent any foreign debris from entering your air system that could affect its performance.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 PM #936
Bigstorm87

I recently bought a Guerrilla Air Cobra Coil to go with my gun. The problem I am seeing is that the input pressure on the gun's reg is not reaching my set pressure (210). When the coil is connected it only reaches about 150. When shot, the guns input pressure spikes DOWN to near 0 and back up again. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I have no issues when using my regular remote, but it sucks so I was looking to upgrade.
Bigstorm87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM #937
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstorm87 View Post
I recently bought a Guerrilla Air Cobra Coil to go with my gun. The problem I am seeing is that the input pressure on the gun's reg is not reaching my set pressure (210). When the coil is connected it only reaches about 150. When shot, the guns input pressure spikes DOWN to near 0 and back up again. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I have no issues when using my regular remote, but it sucks so I was looking to upgrade.
Hi Bobby,

I believe I responded to your email I received regarding this.

John S.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:52 PM #938
SDJuNi0R
FRESSSHHHH

SDJuNi0R owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SDJuNi0R owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey john,
Is it true that the myth g2 regs creep up in pressure to over 1000psi. The local PE tech told me that. I heard really good things about GA tanks and im looking for a smaller and lighter tank but I dont want to destroy stuff on my guns either as the trade off. Can you set the record straight?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:43 PM #939
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJuNi0R View Post
Hey john,
Is it true that the myth g2 regs creep up in pressure to over 1000psi. The local PE tech told me that. I heard really good things about GA tanks and im looking for a smaller and lighter tank but I dont want to destroy stuff on my guns either as the trade off. Can you set the record straight?
If a regulator is in proper working order then there should be no creeping of the output pressure beyond what the output is set up for. This is why a low pressure burst disc is in place to protect your equipment just in case it happens.

If you have a Myth regulator that has this issue, it need to be check and serviced to make sure this is prevented from happening.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 PM #940
SDJuNi0R
FRESSSHHHH

SDJuNi0R owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SDJuNi0R owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
If a regulator is in proper working order then there should be no creeping of the output pressure beyond what the output is set up for. This is why a low pressure burst disc is in place to protect your equipment just in case it happens.

If you have a Myth regulator that has this issue, it need to be check and serviced to make sure this is prevented from happening.
Cool, Thanks for the info. Is there a specific maintenance period or anything on cleaning and lubing the orings inside the regulator?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:10 AM #941
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJuNi0R View Post
Cool, Thanks for the info. Is there a specific maintenance period or anything on cleaning and lubing the orings inside the regulator?
It's good practice to inspect the internals for proper lubrication and o-ring condition at least every 10 to 15 cases of paint or 20,000 to 30,000 shots. It all depends on how well the air filling station you fill from is filtered. Contaminants in the air can foul up regulators badly when they accumulate.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:30 PM #942
rawngermy
Master Baiter

John, myth g2 rvolution? Looks pretty cool, any more info and when it will be released?

PAINTBALL GATEWAY
LOS ANGELES PAINTBALL COMPANY
Gearbag Sale
rawngermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 AM #943
tpevil2
Gun Whore In Training

Hey John,
I have a customers tank here (basic 48/3000 w/ myth reg) that is filled and holding pressure, but there is no pressure getting to the pin. I can push the pin on top in with my finger even though there is air inside (100% positive it is holding air).
What causes this and more importantly, how do i fix it? Thanks!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/St-...2683416?ref=ts
Follow us on Facebook!
tpevil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:08 PM #944
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawngermy View Post
John, myth g2 rvolution? Looks pretty cool, any more info and when it will be released?
Soon!!! I would say they will be available in stores before Summer!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 PM #945
John S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpevil2 View Post
Hey John,
I have a customers tank here (basic 48/3000 w/ myth reg) that is filled and holding pressure, but there is no pressure getting to the pin. I can push the pin on top in with my finger even though there is air inside (100% positive it is holding air).
What causes this and more importantly, how do i fix it? Thanks!
Sounds really odd... I haven't come across anything like this... The gauge is reading the air pressure from the tank?

If it in fact the tank contains air, I would suggest bleeding it out by loosening the low pressure burst disc. Once empty, unscrew the top flange and inspect the internals. Let me know of your findings. Email me at john@guerrillaair.com with a pasted copy of this post for my reference.

Thanks!