Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2010, 02:44 PM #295
Pballer2013
Been Leadin'
 
Pballer2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: michigan 810
Pballer2013 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pballer2013 supports Team VICIOUS
Pballer2013 supports our troops
about how many shots will the 13ci tank give you?
__________________
Pballer2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM #296
burnttoast
Not the one from PbReview
 
burnttoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: a toaster oven near you
burnttoast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnttoast supports Sherwood Forest
My burst disk leaks. My reg is the original myth. Where could I get a replacement?
__________________
Couldnt find toast, so I got myself a bagel.
04 prostock 'cocker blue Invert mini
'02 black cocker '08 gray/Green ego
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 AM #297
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer2013 View Post
about how many shots will the 13ci tank give you?
As with any size tank the shot counts vary with the type of marker and the particular setup. Myself I shoot a T2 and a sniper. I get 170-200 good shots with the T2 and 170-180 with the sniper usually using a .679 bore.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:45 AM #298
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnttoast View Post
My burst disk leaks. My reg is the original myth. Where could I get a replacement?
Burst disks for any Myth series are readily available from GA website. If your disk is leaking is it due to thread leakage which may just require a minor retightening of the safety or is the disk blown which may require additional maintenance?
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:30 PM #299
nbanwart
 
 
nbanwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
So, how do I go about returning my screwed up myth reg?
nbanwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:38 PM #300
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbanwart View Post
So, how do I go about returning my screwed up myth reg?
Go to GA web site for address. Send your Myth to my attention, Larry, at the ILLINOIS tech site.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:36 PM #301
burnttoast
Not the one from PbReview
 
burnttoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: a toaster oven near you
burnttoast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnttoast supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry@guerrillaair View Post
Burst disks for any Myth series are readily available from GA website. If your disk is leaking is it due to thread leakage which may just require a minor retightening of the safety or is the disk blown which may require additional maintenance?
Sorry for the long post. When you say it may require additional maintenance, what do you mean? and what would a blown burst disc look like? mine has a brass cap at the bottom that has a recessed area in the center. It is a perfect circle, so it does not look like damage. also my leak appears to be coming from the holes in the top of the burst disk. The oddest thing is that it leaks only when i put pressure on the tank (e.g. to screw the tank into my mini, to set my marker down on a table while aired up, or to seat it on my shoulder when shooting). All of your help is greatly appreciated.
__________________
Couldnt find toast, so I got myself a bagel.
04 prostock 'cocker blue Invert mini
'02 black cocker '08 gray/Green ego
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM #302
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnttoast View Post
Sorry for the long post. When you say it may require additional maintenance, what do you mean? and what would a blown burst disc look like? mine has a brass cap at the bottom that has a recessed area in the center. It is a perfect circle, so it does not look like damage. also my leak appears to be coming from the holes in the top of the burst disk. The oddest thing is that it leaks only when i put pressure on the tank (e.g. to screw the tank into my mini, to set my marker down on a table while aired up, or to seat it on my shoulder when shooting). All of your help is greatly appreciated.
A blown disk will rupture and displace the pressure ring. Your's sounds intact .The only way that air will vent from the holes is if the disk is blown or the disk face is compromised in some manner. The disk is self sealing so I would would suggest replacing the safety with a new one. Try applying soapy water to the safety while aired up to verify that the leak is what you suspect. My reference to additional maintenance is in the case of a blown disk when something obviously caused the disk to blow and repair of failed parts is necessary. Hopefully a safety replacement will solve your problem.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 PM #303
noah harper
••E-BRAKE••
 
noah harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC baby!!!
noah harper donated to help Peyton Trent
noah harper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noah harper supports Team VICIOUS
noah harper supports Bob Gurnsey
noah harper supports Pev's Paintball
noah harper is attending Decay of Nations VI
ok, I sent in my tank last week.. now I'm waiting for it to get back...
noah harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:39 AM #304
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah harper View Post
ok, I sent in my tank last week.. now I'm waiting for it to get back...
Ok Noah. Got it. Replaced the tank, and rebuilt(courtesy) your G2. Should be out the door asap.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 AM #305
noah harper
••E-BRAKE••
 
noah harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC baby!!!
noah harper donated to help Peyton Trent
noah harper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noah harper supports Team VICIOUS
noah harper supports Bob Gurnsey
noah harper supports Pev's Paintball
noah harper is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry@guerrillaair View Post
Ok Noah. Got it. Replaced the tank, and rebuilt(courtesy) your G2. Should be out the door asap.
oh snap... the G2 was fine as ever anyways! what out put kit did you use I hope the mid pressure one..
noah harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 AM #306
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah harper View Post
oh snap... the G2 was fine as ever anyways! what out put kit did you use I hope the mid pressure one..
Yeah, kept everything as was.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 PM #307
noah harper
••E-BRAKE••
 
noah harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC baby!!!
noah harper donated to help Peyton Trent
noah harper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noah harper supports Team VICIOUS
noah harper supports Bob Gurnsey
noah harper supports Pev's Paintball
noah harper is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry@guerrillaair View Post
Yeah, kept everything as was.
oh boy! can't wait to air it up and rock and roll!!!
noah harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:36 PM #308
Zeoalex
POLAR BEAR...ENGAGE!!!
 
Zeoalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durham, NH
Zeoalex plays in the APPA D4 division
Zeoalex has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zeoalex has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zeoalex has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Larry, I'm looking at replacing my 45/45 tank. I like the GA 68's because they are only slightly longer/heavier than my existing tank...so i'm pretty set on that. I'm just trying to decide between the myth micro and the G2. What are the noticeable differences? is the G2 really worth the extra 30 or 40 bucks?
__________________
GRIND

Zodiac Paintball Coming Soon
حي على الفلاح

Timmy Clan! President!
Zeoalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:58 PM #309
burnttoast
Not the one from PbReview
 
burnttoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: a toaster oven near you
burnttoast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnttoast supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry@guerrillaair View Post
A blown disk will rupture and displace the pressure ring. Your's sounds intact .The only way that air will vent from the holes is if the disk is blown or the disk face is compromised in some manner. The disk is self sealing so I would would suggest replacing the safety with a new one. Try applying soapy water to the safety while aired up to verify that the leak is what you suspect. My reference to additional maintenance is in the case of a blown disk when something obviously caused the disk to blow and repair of failed parts is necessary. Hopefully a safety replacement will solve your problem.
Thanks. However, If I am not able to get a replacement soon, and I would like to play with the tank, can I take the burst disk off of my worr games stratos (which works fine) and replace it with my 7.5k safety on my guerrilla for a temporary replacement? Yes, I know I would have to be sure that I replace it with the 7.5k and not the 1.8k.
__________________
Couldnt find toast, so I got myself a bagel.
04 prostock 'cocker blue Invert mini
'02 black cocker '08 gray/Green ego
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:05 AM #310
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeoalex View Post
Hey Larry, I'm looking at replacing my 45/45 tank. I like the GA 68's because they are only slightly longer/heavier than my existing tank...so i'm pretty set on that. I'm just trying to decide between the myth micro and the G2. What are the noticeable differences? is the G2 really worth the extra 30 or 40 bucks?
The GA G2 and the new series micro Myth both share the high and low external safety and internally are identical. The features on the G2 are the low profile pro burst disks and the innovative variable position, rotatable brass thread collar which allows the player to custom position the fill nipple/gauge for any marker used. This is a must have feature for some players that have been annoyed by the nipple sticking them in the wrist or difficult positioning at the fill station. Either way both models share ease of maintenance, great customer service, and proven performance. Your choice is what features benefit you the most now and in the future.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM #311
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnttoast View Post
Thanks. However, If I am not able to get a replacement soon, and I would like to play with the tank, can I take the burst disk off of my worr games stratos (which works fine) and replace it with my 7.5k safety on my guerrilla for a temporary replacement? Yes, I know I would have to be sure that I replace it with the 7.5k and not the 1.8k.
The dimensions, depth and sealing face, of the Myth safety port is designed to seal and operate specifically with the GA safeties. Some other safeties will work but make sure the thread engagement is deep enough to ensure a safe condition and don't overtorque the safety. I usually don't "reuse" a safety due to the "nesting imprint" on the sealing face caused by the previous application. Sometimes you have to overtighten the safety to create a seal.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:30 AM #312
noah harper
••E-BRAKE••
 
noah harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC baby!!!
noah harper donated to help Peyton Trent
noah harper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noah harper supports Team VICIOUS
noah harper supports Bob Gurnsey
noah harper supports Pev's Paintball
noah harper is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry@guerrillaair View Post
The dimensions, depth and sealing face, of the Myth safety port is designed to seal and operate specifically with the GA safeties. Some other safeties will work but make sure the thread engagement is deep enough to ensure a safe condition and don't overtorque the safety. I usually don't "reuse" a safety due to the "nesting imprint" on the sealing face caused by the previous application. Sometimes you have to overtighten the safety to create a seal.
a little teflon tape or "blue" loctite should also help...
noah harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 AM #313
ballin v6
HKanada
 
ballin v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 705
Hi larry. I just bought a new myth'd GA 68/45 and there was a little paintchipping around the very top of the tank near the reg. This is OK right?
the date on the tank is march 2010 btw.
thanks, Mike
ballin v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 AM #314
larry@guerrillaair
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
larry@guerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
larry@guerrillaair supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin v6 View Post
Hi larry. I just bought a new myth'd GA 68/45 and there was a little paintchipping around the very top of the tank near the reg. This is OK right?
the date on the tank is march 2010 btw.
thanks, Mike
If the chips are only in the "finish" or color coating you should be good. The "danger zone" is if the actual fiber wrap is chipped or compromised, ie; fraying or scratching.
larry@guerrillaair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:58 PM #315
Switchaxe
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Norway,MI
Hello, I'm looking to buy a guerilla 88/45 tank for my Dangerous Power G3. Since this is a mid pressure tank will it be okay to use in my gun? Will I be able to achieve 290 fps with it? Or will I need to get a HP reg for it?
Switchaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump