Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-30-2016, 10:02 PM #1
glock420

Is there something wrong with my NINJA tank?

Hey guys! I'm new to the sport!

I have a question for all you wizards. I have a Ninja dura 77/4500 pro reg I bought used. I went and got it filled at a paintball shop and they said the tank was fine. He filled up to 4000psi and it felt hot. Then maybe two hours later it dropped to 3000 and then 4 hours later it went down to 2500 and seems to be bleeding super slow now. Is there a leak somewhere? I don't hear anything. Are tanks suppose to bleed like this?

Thanks guys!
glock420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2016, 10:24 PM #2
WoodChuck65

WoodChuck65 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WoodChuck65 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You got a hot fill, meaning it quickly filled to 4K, then when it cooled, it decompressed, lowering in pressure. Cold fills are true to the psi.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 PM #3
PimpInDistress
11:30

PimpInDistress plays in the PSP
hot fill for sure but 4 hours is way too long for it to drop 1500 PSI

if anything just get soapy water and rub it around the nipple threads - gauge threads and burst disk and look for bubbles

CEP-2009 BASIC-2008-2011
PimpInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:13 AM #4
Help @ Ninja PB

Help @ Ninja PB supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock420 View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to the sport!

I have a question for all you wizards. I have a Ninja dura 77/4500 pro reg I bought used. I went and got it filled at a paintball shop and they said the tank was fine. He filled up to 4000psi and it felt hot. Then maybe two hours later it dropped to 3000 and then 4 hours later it went down to 2500 and seems to be bleeding super slow now. Is there a leak somewhere? I don't hear anything. Are tanks suppose to bleed like this?

Thanks guys!
Could just be a hot fill and the game is not accurate but refill the bottle and dunk the reg in water or spray it with window cleaner and the bubbles will show if there is leak.

Let me know where the bubbles are from and we can help you to correct it.
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Help @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:53 PM #5
Ari21

I would check for leaks.
Ari21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:13 PM #6
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

has been a member for 10 years
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpimp092 supports Ninja Paintball
You will lose some pressure once the fill cools down, it's much more noticeable when you do something like scuba diving where you're filling several hundred cubic feet of air into a set of tanks and going to 3400-3600psi... it can take the shop several hours to slowly fill them so they stay cool and are topped off to the max pressure.

Sounds like you need to check for leaks, as others have said.

Looking for D4 players for NXL Nashville!
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:48 PM #7
stimpysan

It's leaking down. Ninja tanks are junk, well at least their regs. are. Mine won't hold air overnight and I have 3
stimpysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 PM #8
Help @ Ninja PB

Stimpystan, once again we are more then willing to help you and resolve any issues that you may have
Old 05-12-2016, 03:23 PM #9
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpysan View Post
It's leaking down. Ninja tanks are junk, well at least their regs. are. Mine won't hold air overnight and I have 3
Maybe it is just the air where he lives.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:34 PM #10
stimpysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gryphyn View Post
Maybe it is just the air where he lives.
Yes, air from a scuba shop is terrible and it's funny I don't have any issues with the other 5 tanks I have. I'm going to make a shooting video, with these wonderful tanks, with a liquid filled 1000 psi gauge and show you which has the most shootdown by far.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:56 PM #11
Help @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Yes, air from a scuba shop is terrible and it's funny I don't have any issues with the other 5 tanks I have. I'm going to make a shooting video, with these wonderful tanks, with a liquid filled 1000 psi gauge and show you which has the most shootdown by far.
as i have offered before and offer again we are more then willing to send you the parts or correct any issues you have with the ninja regs.

we assemble and test here in crystal lake, IL and are human so mistakes may happen but we are her to offer help to any who need it.

more then willing to discuss and correct any issues you may have.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:38 PM #12
NOBLE818

Annual Supporting Member
NOBLE818 is BST Legit
NOBLE818 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NOBLE818 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NOBLE818 supports Empire
So whats the story between stimpysan and Ninja? Anytime I see a thread about Ninja, stimpysan has a post in it talking negatively about Ninja.

Maybe just me, but I find it funny.
Dust Titanium/Dust Silver Onslaught
Joker JT Impulse
NOBLE818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:52 PM #13
Help @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE818 View Post
So whats the story between stimpysan and Ninja? Anytime I see a thread about Ninja, stimpysan has a post in it talking negatively about Ninja.

He had an issue and we tried to help but he does not want help I guess?
Old 05-12-2016, 06:59 PM #14
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

Quote:
I was just being silly.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:04 PM #15
stimpysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE818 View Post

I see they have job openings on facebook and was hoping they would ask me to work in their research and developement department. After their release of the V2 reg they need some new blood! LOL I find it funny that all the previous complaints on their thread were deleted and they started a new one in April. People ask for opinions on their tanks, I tell them what I and my friend have experienced. We have been playing since 94, played for the Maddogs who owned BOA barrels and worked with many AGD and Air America techs. I was at Smart parts when 2-E was working on the first 15 Shockers so I've been around the block a time or two. Am I hired?
Old 05-12-2016, 09:55 PM #16
JKspecV

Annual Supporting Member
JKspecV works for a Paintball manufacturer
JKspecV supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
I see they have job openings on facebook and was hoping they would ask me to work in their research and developement department. After their release of the V2 reg they need some new blood! LOL I find it funny that all the previous complaints on their thread were deleted and they started a new one in April. People ask for opinions on their tanks, I tell them what I and my friend have experienced. We have been playing since 94, played for the Maddogs who owned BOA barrels and worked with many AGD and Air America techs. I was at Smart parts when 2-E was working on the first 15 Shockers so I've been around the block a time or two. Am I hired?
Just a FYI the thread was not deleted...once it reaches 2000 posts a new Thread is automatically generated by the system.

Opinions are 100% welcome! But at the same time if you have issues let us help correct the issues. We are never happy hearing our systems are not performing as they should.

I have seen both here and on other forums you have strong opinions about the V2 reg design. We chose the ball bearing design not to "cheap out" but because we liked the increase airflow vs the traditional pin. yes this can lead to issues with certain ASA's being hard to depress. But we have tried to take the steps necessary to allow you to lower the output pressure to reduce the force necessary to activate select ASA's ( the pops and the UL airport are the two most noticeable do to activation style) aside from mags and blowbacks most electro-pneumatic markers do not need that full 800 psi. When lowered to 450-500 the asa engagement becomes a non-issue. We are very open to constructive feedback. You dislike the V2 design we are always looking to improve our product so we will take that feedback and see what we can do differently in the future!

Now to address your issue directly. It sounds like you have leaks coming from the ball seat. From what I have seen on a few of your other posts is a "tech told me to just flip the orings" I apologize if there was a bit of confusion somewhere along the line. We do not suggest just flipping the orings on the piston. What can happen though is the green seat in the bonnet the ball rests against may get a small bit of debris or it just didn't quite sit right against the ball. We do recommend flipping the green seat itself over and see if that solves the leak from the top. This is Not the end all be all solution, but it is a quick fix that we have seen work in 75-80% of the cases with leaks from the top. If it doesn't work we are more than happy to get you a replacement seat to fix the issue! I completely understand it can be frustrating to have it leak right away, But let us help get it fixed for you.
JKspecV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 AM #17
stimpysan

"Just a FYI the thread was not deleted...once it reaches 2000 posts a new Thread is automatically generated by the system."

To me, that speaks for itself

"Opinions are 100% welcome! But at the same time if you have issues let us help correct the issues. We are never happy hearing our systems are not performing as they should."

Let me tell you how this all began.When my 1.8K disc blew I started doing some research as to why this happens and what will fix it. You made three different kinds of reg. pistons over the years. One clear oring, two orings, one clear, one black and the final was 2 clear orings. I contacted your company and wanted to know if you had a master kit with like 5 rebuild kits in it. I live an hour from where I can get air so if something needs fixed I always have the parts. Whom ever I talked to told me you had no such kit but were working on it. I also asked what the newest rebuild kit was, I was told the two clear orings on the piston. I was also told that even though the pictures on different websites show different pistons you'll get the newest and of course I got the one clear, one black. I rebuilt the reg and of course it still leaks down and I wondered why yours was the only kit that included an 1.8 burst disc.

"I have seen both here and on other forums you have strong opinions about the V2 reg design. We chose the ball bearing design not to "cheap out" but because we liked the increase airflow vs the traditional pin. yes this can lead to issues with certain ASA's being hard to depress. But we have tried to take the steps necessary to allow you to lower the output pressure to reduce the force necessary to activate select ASA's ( the pops and the UL airport are the two most noticeable do to activation style) aside from mags and blowbacks most electro-pneumatic markers do not need that full 800 psi. When lowered to 450-500 the asa engagement becomes a non-issue. We are very open to constructive feedback. You dislike the V2 design we are always looking to improve our product so we will take that feedback and see what we can do differently in the future!"

I personally don't own a V2 but my best friend just bought two 68 tanks with V2 regs. First fill they leaked out of the ball. He called your company and they told him to flip the orings. You couldn't send the poor guy 2 new orings? He took the shims out to lower the pressure and still it feels like your going to break the lever of his DM14. His 12 year old daughter has an Ego 11. There is no way in hell she can slide the on/off to engage the tank even at 550 psi. Dale Hilton, BOA's top man and AGD tech is sending her a mag. Now she's either going to have to buy another tank or two new on/offs because she will need the 800 PSI. I recently had a second neck fusion surgery and am in constant pain and one thing that really sets it off is screw tanks on and off guns. So maybe I'm being a little harsh on your regs but you should put in your advertisement that if you own a certain on/off or have a mag you may have issues with our reg and we are having an issue with the ball seat but we are working on it. So basically I just wanted to "BUY" 5 of your rebuild kits and wanted 2 free orings. This will be my last comment, probably!
Old 05-13-2016, 10:03 AM #18
JKspecV

Annual Supporting Member
JKspecV works for a Paintball manufacturer
JKspecV supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
"Just a FYI the thread was not deleted...once it reaches 2000 posts a new Thread is automatically generated by the system."

To me, that speaks for itself
Thats not really a good representation, Thats like comparing why mcdonalds has more complainants or questions than Taco Johns. We are one of the biggest air system companies out there and do everything we can to help correct issues or answer questions which inevitably there will be more of due to shear amout of Ninja systems out there

Quote:
"Opinions are 100% welcome! But at the same time if you have issues let us help correct the issues. We are never happy hearing our systems are not performing as they should."

Let me tell you how this all began.When my 1.8K disc blew I started doing some research as to why this happens and what will fix it. You made three different kinds of reg. pistons over the years. One clear oring, two orings, one clear, one black and the final was 2 clear orings. I contacted your company and wanted to know if you had a master kit with like 5 rebuild kits in it. I live an hour from where I can get air so if something needs fixed I always have the parts. Whom ever I talked to told me you had no such kit but were working on it. I also asked what the newest rebuild kit was, I was told the two clear orings on the piston. I was also told that even though the pictures on different websites show different pistons you'll get the newest and of course I got the one clear, one black. I rebuilt the reg and of course it still leaks down and I wondered why yours was the only kit that included an 1.8 burst disc.
We have had three revisions the first as you know was the single buna oring design. With anything things evolve and change we wanted to try and give a backup oring to increase longevity. we then switched to the dual oring one urethane and one buna, this again lead to us not liking the longevity of the buna and switching to our current design of two urethane orings. We included the burst disk to be an "all in one" fix. As I'm sure you know If you are blowing the 1.8k the reg is not doing its job properly. the seat itself on the bottom of the piston is damaged or worn out. instead of just replacing the burst disk and not fixing the issue it is going to blow again. We felt it was a smart choice to include a 1.8k burst disk in all rebuild kits so you can return the system to a "new state". You are correct we do not have a "master rebuild kit" we see it as if you blow a burst disk you will need a rebuild, one kit per system. I do apologize that who ever you ordered the rebuild kit from sent you old stock. everything we have since early 2014 has been the revised two urethane oring design. Now you said it still leaks down, Where exactly is it leaking from? I want to get this fixed for you, and would be happy to send you the 5 rebuild kits you were originally looking for, but I want to know where exactly it is coming from so if there is anything else you might need to fix the leak I can make sure it is included.

Quote:
"I have seen both here and on other forums you have strong opinions about the V2 reg design. We chose the ball bearing design not to "cheap out" but because we liked the increase airflow vs the traditional pin. yes this can lead to issues with certain ASA's being hard to depress. But we have tried to take the steps necessary to allow you to lower the output pressure to reduce the force necessary to activate select ASA's ( the pops and the UL airport are the two most noticeable do to activation style) aside from mags and blowbacks most electro-pneumatic markers do not need that full 800 psi. When lowered to 450-500 the asa engagement becomes a non-issue. We are very open to constructive feedback. You dislike the V2 design we are always looking to improve our product so we will take that feedback and see what we can do differently in the future!"

I personally don't own a V2 but my best friend just bought two 68 tanks with V2 regs. First fill they leaked out of the ball. He called your company and they told him to flip the orings. You couldn't send the poor guy 2 new orings? He took the shims out to lower the pressure and still it feels like your going to break the lever of his DM14. His 12 year old daughter has an Ego 11. There is no way in hell she can slide the on/off to engage the tank even at 550 psi. Dale Hilton, BOA's top man and AGD tech is sending her a mag. Now she's either going to have to buy another tank or two new on/offs because she will need the 800 PSI. I recently had a second neck fusion surgery and am in constant pain and one thing that really sets it off is screw tanks on and off guns. So maybe I'm being a little harsh on your regs but you should put in your advertisement that if you own a certain on/off or have a mag you may have issues with our reg and we are having an issue with the ball seat but we are working on it. So basically I just wanted to "BUY" 5 of your rebuild kits and wanted 2 free orings. This will be my last comment, probably!
Again I apologize for the experience your friend had, there may have been a miscommunication somewhere as we always try to say " try flipping the green seat first. It is a quick fix you can do at home without needing anything extra. if that doesn't work please call back and we would be happy to get it replaced for you." This is what myself and everyone here should say, if it didn't come out right or was misunderstood we always welcome a call back so we can get those replacement seats sent out.

Now in regards to the Dm14 and the Ego11, it is very unusual that even at low pressure they are difficult to engage. but I would love to get you two new rebuilds to be sure they are out putting the correct pressure.

In regards to the Pops asa issue. You are correct it is difficult to engage with the 800psi output due to the increased airflow. Unfortunately the one set up that suffers from this is Automags with pops asa's where they do need that full output pressure. With the original duckbill or any traditional twist ASA this again is a non issue. The style of the pops forces you to fight against the output pressure directly with no leverage. We do apologize for this and it is an unfortunate downside to the ball design for this very specific set up.

I don't want this to be your last comment. As I have stated already we welcome constructive feedback.

I do request you give me a call, I want to get you the parts to correct the issues you and your friend are having.
JKspecV is offline   Reply With Quote