Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Trusted
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ninja Reg Leaking through pin

So before I go into this in detail, I would like to say I have 2 ninja regs and aside from the problems that are happening on the one AFTER I went in there to remove shims, I have never had a problem with their regs and would always highly recommend them.

Now that that is out of the way, I took the bonnet off my Ninja Adjustable 4500 regulator the other day to pull those two red shims out in preparation for a possible (I know its a little preemptive) Machine Vapor purchase which is supposedly designed to take in ~500-550 psi output pressure from the tank. I watched the teardown video(s) and followed it as closely as possible. Got the two shims out, stored them away safely and put it all back together after very light lubricating with Pathogen Super Grease (I know not Ninja grease but its all I had) and after filling, once its on my POPS ASA, theres air leaking through the pin. At first, it would leak whether or not the POPS was engaged. Now it leaks only when the POPS is engaged.

At first I thought it was the ASA so I tried 3 tanks with different regs including a Ninja adjustable regulator and heard nothing. I then switched back to my tank, aired it all up and boom - verrrrrrry slow leak. I stripped the bonnet off after emptying the tank at the field and checked all o-rings and seals as well as the two silver shims and it was all fine. Put it back together, leak.

I didn't have the red shims on my person so I couldn't put it back in to check and since I don't have my own high pressure air system to fill and test now I'm waiting until Sunday to check it out again. All in all, just looking for suggestions and advice. What could I have done wrong? should I NOT remove the shims and find myself out of pocket for a new reg/slp reg?
Home Field (If you're in Houston Check them out!): TXR Paintball
Yelosno's Newbie Guide
Cheap Stella Barrel Backs and Front! $20 backs! ARE YOU SERIOUS WENDY?!
aarospoon13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2014, 11:20 AM #2
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
That is very odd and I apologize about that issue, if you take that system off of the marker and hold the reg under water, are their air bubbles coming from the pin valve area of the reg? I only ask because I am not sure exactly how you would get a leak through the pin if the POPS is engaged and the system is on your marker because that will allow full flow through the pin valve area so I am thinking it may be leaking elsewhere on the reg. Let me know on that and I will make sure we get you a solution.
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:02 PM #3
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
Will get the reg fully removed today and see. I had been making all my adjustments thus far by only removing the bonnet while leaving the rest of the assembly on the tank.
Yelosno's Newbie Guide
Old 10-31-2014, 07:45 PM #4
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Did you try to grease the oring in the top of the bonnet?

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:20 AM #5
acabello72

acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I had this issue once. Remove the bonnet and flip the oring that's in the pin. Make sure it's seated properly and hopefully that should help
Old 01-26-2015, 09:28 PM #6
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
Point to note - no more leak. Lubed that oring up and it was just fine.
Yelosno's Newbie Guide