Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-21-2014, 10:15 PM #1
ReekHavok

need advise, been out for 8 years

So I'm playing again and there are a more tanks to choose from now. Looking to spend 150$. What do u guys think about the 68/45 empire, ninja grey w/ ul reg or valken
ReekHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2014, 10:25 PM #2
JAllen7287

JAllen7287 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What marker are you putting it on? Ninja is a good tank with a good reg, but some markers will perform better or even require a low pressure output reg.
JAllen7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:32 PM #3
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAllen7287 View Post
What marker are you putting it on? Ninja is a good tank with a good reg, but some markers will perform better or even require a low pressure output reg.
all you have to do is take out the shims and it becomes LP.

pick whatever tank suits you best, but the ninja reg is the best in the business right now
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 AM #4
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Most people will tell you to get a Ninja tank. I use a BCA Ninja 68/45 and I think it's nice, but I wouldn't really say it's any better than the other Crossfire, CP, Pure Energy, etc. tanks that I've used. Actually, my dad's standard Ninja 68/45's clearcoat cracked pretty easily. It's still safe to use and Ninja will fix it for free, but it's kind of a pain sending it in to begin with (I've never had another tank crack before). Not trying to bash Ninja, but I personally don't think they're as great as some people make them out to be.
Kbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM #5
ReekHavok

I have a Axe, I've been borrowing a buddies old 68/3000. Yeah, I've noticed quite a few ninja tanks are cracked but it seems like the black tanks and not the grey ones. So, are all ninja regs adjustable?
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM #6
AHFellows
no stupid question? haha!

Annual Supporting Member
AHFellows is BST Trusted
AHFellows is playing at Living Legends VII
AHFellows owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AHFellows has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
AHFellows supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbug View Post
Most people will tell you to get a Ninja tank. I use a BCA Ninja 68/45 and I think it's nice, but I wouldn't really say it's any better than the other Crossfire, CP, Pure Energy, etc. tanks that I've used. Actually, my dad's standard Ninja 68/45's clearcoat cracked pretty easily. It's still safe to use and Ninja will fix it for free, but it's kind of a pain sending it in to begin with (I've never had another tank crack before). Not trying to bash Ninja, but I personally don't think they're as great as some people make them out to be.
Think a lot of it is their customer service. A lot of people forget that getting a good rep that doesn't talk to you like you are an idiot goes a long way. Not saying other companies do that, but they hear good things about Ninja, purchase them and don't have a reason to go elsewhere. But I agree I use Ninja products as well and the tanks themselves minus the lightweights are more or less no different (my duracoat is cracked right now too) Regs are well built but have no current reason to change companies.

Moral is go with what can fit you budget and what you think will be good longterm. Also see if you can test them out at a local field and figure out what size you want and what fits you best for your style of play and body type.

And yes All their regs are adjustable on some level but the SLP and SHP regs are designed to fall in rather the low pressure or high pressure zone to allow more flexibility in those zones that a standard reg cannot. So you cant use a SHP to get low pressure. but they are all adjustable in their respective zones.

KCCO
AHFellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM #7
ReekHavok

Well, the ninja is 155, empire is 140 and valken is about 140...