PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 PM #1
dchuck79
Awesome's Patient Zero

dchuck79 supports Cereal Killerz 2
dchuck79 donated to help Peyton Trent
Questions about the '10t... should probably be stickied...

Ok... so I caved at PHX and bought an LE Chalk '10t through John/Understood and I have the following questions.

What are the o-ring sizes?

There are 2 grooves on the sweep bolt, are there supposed to be o-rings there? If so, what size?

Is there a "spares" kit available with things such as extra screws and o-rings?

What size allen keys are needed/used?

What Tadao manual do I download?

Why does the "Invasion" barrel it came with say "Mayday"? And why is it about an inch shorter than the advertised 14"? (based on the length of another company's stock 14" barrels)

There is a large amount of side-to-side movement in the trigger (about 2-3 mm). Is there a cure for this? (such as a rubber shim or a small o-ring which would stabilize the trigger's lateral movement)

Those are the questions I have for now... tomorrow I'll be able to put a tank and loader on it and shoot some paint.
dchuck79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 PM #2
BillyBob79

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the bolt should have o-rings. I think the Invasion barrel is the standard 1 piece they sell with the I model, the Mayday is the upgraded 2 piece. I believe the Mayday should have 3 backs and 2 tips. If you think the barrel is shorter than advertised I suggest breaking out a tape measure. I don't know what to tell you about the trigger. It kinda sounds like you bought a display model or used gun and someone scavenged off a barrel tip and 2 backs at some point.
BillyBob79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:27 PM #3
kaboose01
Its whatever....

kaboose01 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kaboose01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
kaboose01 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchuck79 View Post
Ok... so I caved at PHX and bought an LE Chalk '10t through John/Understood and I have the following questions.

not sure on that

There are 2 grooves on the sweep bolt, are there supposed to be o-rings there? If so, what size?

You're missing bolt orings?... from my exsperience tank orings with work just fine.

not that im aware of... jack will let u know

ill update this in a min...

Vice oled... almost positive

Why does the "Invasion" barrel it came with say "Mayday"? And why is it about an inch shorter than the advertised 14"? (based on the length of another company's stock 14" barrels)

i think that could be a mistake name wise... and i know of alot of barrels that are never the avert'd size.

There is a large amount of side-to-side movement in the trigger (about 2-3 mm). Is there a cure for this? (such as a rubber shim or a small o-ring which would stabilize the trigger's lateral movement)

not that im aware of. although i wouldnt mind seeing that eliminated in the future refinements

Those are the questions I have for now... tomorrow I'll be able to put a tank and loader on it and shoot some paint.
hopefully jack will clarify these for you soon and hope you enjoy your INDY.

allen sizes: 5/64, 1/8, 1/16, 1/4, 7/64, 9/64 almost positive thats it for allen keys

Last edited by kaboose01 : 03-22-2010 at 11:41 PM.
kaboose01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:30 PM #4
kaboose01
Its whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob79 View Post
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the bolt should have o-rings. I think the Invasion barrel is the standard 1 piece they sell with the I model, the Mayday is the upgraded 2 piece. I believe the Mayday should have 3 backs and 2 tips. If you think the barrel is shorter than advertised I suggest breaking out a tape measure. I don't know what to tell you about the trigger. It kinda sounds like you bought a display model or used gun and someone scavenged off a barrel tip and 2 backs at some point.

invasion could be just the name for the one peice which would fall into the "mayday" series. and the actual 4 piece is the true mayday...?

hence mayday being written on the barrel on the one piece.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 PM #5
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchuck79 View Post

NOt exactly sure, if it's not on the site then jack probably hasn't posted them up yet. Rluna might have them but basically most of them are standard orings. If you call up alien paintball I'm sure jack will put together a kit for you. Standard ego/dm/bob long kits will probably provide you with most of what you need in a pinch

You can put orings in if you want. They aren't really needed for the most part. Any oring that fits in the groove and doesn't protrude too high above the edge of the bolt will work. Just test the bolt to make sure there is no drag with the orings you select. I run my gun without just fine, it's slicker that way./

Again, just call up jack. Kee may have them as well, I'm not sure.

Any standard imperial set will have what you need. I would get the longer type if you can just to adjust the trigger tension easier. You should always have a full set of keys in your kit

The tadao OLED manual. I'm not sure if it's the USB or non usb one but pretty much with an OLED you don't need a manual either way. You can read what you're doing on the screen. That's one of he benefits of OLED

The mayday is alien's aftermarket barrel. It's nicer and far better looking than the invasion barrel. You got lucky there actually lol. As far as length, some companies measure tip to tip, some measure tip to the front of the gun body(when screwed on).

You could add in shims if you want. Some people just make their own out of everyday plastic water bottle type material. Me personally I just increased my trigger tension and left it. Zero side to side play makes for a very slow inconsistent trigger pull IMO.

edited

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 AM #6
Benjolip

Benjolip plays in the APPA D5 division
I have done this to a couple markers now, take a soda can and cut two small circles, hammer a small hole bigger enough for the pin using a nail. Make sure they are flat and slip them in. Works well and doesn't make the trigger pull any worse

Washington's Premier Indoor Paintball Field!
Benjolip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:24 AM #7
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjolip View Post
I have done this to a couple markers now, take a soda can and cut two small circles, hammer a small hole bigger enough for the pin using a nail. Make sure they are flat and slip them in. Works well and doesn't make the trigger pull any worse
Well don't do it to the Independence...
While the Indepepdence has dual roller bearings the pin in the middle isn't snug against them. We are talking about the width of one or two hairs. We tested the gun with the pins and liked it, but some (very few) have mentioned that it is too loose for them.
I will have some new pins in soon - I will post on the nation and will send you one.

Yes bottle O-Rings on the bolt
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 PM #8
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
I wouldn't mind one of those pins either...

I also like the idea of being able to purchase a spares kit, nice to have everything thing rather than having to go through all the random orings/screws I have in my kits looking for the right size.
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:30 AM #9
kaboose01
Its whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintFreak98 View Post
I wouldn't mind one of those pins either...

I also like the idea of being able to purchase a spares kit, nice to have everything thing rather than having to go through all the random orings/screws I have in my kits looking for the right size.
same here i diffinately would like those pins and if for watever reason i dont like it ill send it back to jack or whomever would like it

and jack its not that we dont like the trigger the way it is now(in fact its great), its just some of us prefer different trigger setups.

Last edited by kaboose01 : 03-24-2010 at 04:33 AM.
kaboose01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM #10
Jack Rice

Yes, different trigger would be good, I want to get one or two options out so players can have a choice - maybe at World Cup this year I can have those. Pins I can get earlier
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM #11
MstrKey

I wonder if a single layer of something like aluminium tape would work for most people. Wrap it around the pin, then slide the bearing over that.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 03-25-2010, 01:51 AM #12
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
Yes, different trigger would be good, I want to get one or two options out so players can have a choice - maybe at World Cup this year I can have those. Pins I can get earlier
That's what I'm talking about

From a business standpoint it makes sense too, let people essentially customize their marker so it will be exactly how they want it when they get it from the factory so they don't have to go out looking for "upgrades" as soon as they get it and drop more money just to make it to their preference. That's always been one of the things that has always ticked my off about some companies, they make it so you have to buy upgrades even though they have them. They could charge you slightly more and not include what they consider the stock part, and still make a lot of money as well as bring in more business.
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:49 PM #13
kaboose01
Its whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
I wonder if a single layer of something like aluminium tape would work for most people. Wrap it around the pin, then slide the bearing over that.
that would probably be a tad too thick.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM #14
MstrKey

You're probably right. A thicker pin can probably be bought at most hardwares stores for 30 cents though, for anyone who really wants one now.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 PM #15
tahoerider13

what kind of oil/lube do you use for the marker
tahoerider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:12 PM #16
Jack Rice

http://www.magnalube.com/
Unforunately it's almost $16 shipped from them -even though the price is $5
We take it to the tournaments and sell it for $8 which is a bargain
I ship them for $10 - but if anyone wants them,please don't email me about it - just call the shop with a credit card number -
Old 04-01-2010, 02:18 PM #17
SpecOpsDeath

another good one is slick honey or techt gun save (basically slick honey)
SpecOpsDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:07 AM #18
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawney View Post
Yes really milling marks, anyone seen a dp threshold and seen the shredded look at the base of all the extrusions, thats what my gun looks like. I understand the milling process I have worked in a machine shop for several years. Yes the new pin is .003 that is three thousandths of an inch the same peice of paper. I find that so hard to believe that the .003 difference is going to take out over a sixteenth of an inch of trigger slop from left to right. Maintenance is something that comes along with the sport 99% of your buyers are going to rip it apart and clean and lube it anyways. Packaging is nothing your right when im on a field shooting a gun what it came in is irrelavent but when i get that first impression of the marker, card board faded box looks like **** , so i immedieately look for what else is shady about the gun. I am not here to bash the marker because it shoots and it shoots straight I also have a g invested so I have to learn to like it.
.003 can make a huge difference in trigger slop. As you move away from the pivot point of the trigger the slop is amplified by the distance from the pivot point. meaning that .003 inches of slop in the pin can lead to over 1/16 of and inch of side to side play at the end of the trigger. Basically a trigger is a mix between a class 2 and class 3 lever and this amplification is a property of levers.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 PM #19
ccluff2

its clear you are inexperianced. I would be hitting myself on the head If I were jack and I had to deal with non issues like this.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 PM #20
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
You are saying the same 2 things, milling marks and trigger slop - plus you are stating the packaging and then saying that it doesn't matter once you are playing. Except that because the packaging wasn't as fancy as you'd like it made you look for problems - which is just a little what I think part of this is.
Milling, ND is an impressive piece of machining - if you don't agree than there isn't anything more to be said.
Trigger slop, some like a little side ways motion - you obviously do not. I will be happy to get you the new pin and I think you will agree that all the side motion is gone - it is mounted on dual roller bearings so with a snug tighter pin it has almost no side motion.
Every thing is volume driven - large quantities - lower cost. That means that I probably paid more for the box and the 3 pieces of cut foam than other guns did for more elaborate packing. The gun is made here in the states and certainly costs more than the other similiarly priced guns. I know it would be great to get the best of everything and pay nothing but it just isn't possible. You get a great shooting gun and a full year of service. For most that buy, that is more than satisfactory. I hope you enjoy shooting your ND.
This is ridiculously good customer service. In fact, the best I've ever seen. You are talking to the owner of the company directly and he is giving you everything you need. Not to mention there are a ton of guns where the first run or so had problems. At first geos chopped like crazy before they fixed that, egos have come from the factory with faulty asa's, ect... You should know that the first run of most newly design markers is going to have at least 1 kink or hiccup that needs fixing or could use improvement.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
Old 05-20-2010, 01:26 PM #21
MstrKey

This one is a write off. He wants to be angry, nothing you can do to please him.