Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 PM #1
TossingCookies

T9/t8

I'm thinking about getting one or the other, I like the T9 for the ability to put a hopper on and a bottom line and go to town...I owned a T9 in the past and I loved it. I do remember a problem I had and infuriated me all the time was if I broke paint, I was done playing for a while as it was just a pain in the butt to take everything apart....

Does anyone know if certain upgrades ie: barrel, bolt, etc make the difference on ball chopping? does polishing the internals help? Is the T9 just hard on paint all together? if so Is there a certain paint you Tiberius owners use on a weekly basis that works best and doesn't chop as much?

Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master.Had no degree, yet called Him Teacher.Had no medicines, yet called Him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him and He conquered the world. Committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.Buried in a tomb, He lives today. Feel honored to serve a Leader who loves us. Jesus said.."If you deny me before man, I will deny you before my Father in Heaven.
TossingCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2010, 06:55 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
What kind of hopper were you using? The bolt is extremely hard on a half fed ball. It's not like a blow back where it will just stop cycling and you'll have to recock. On the T9/T8 the same pressure firing the ball is being used to push the bolt forward, and if the ball is only half way in the breech the bolt WILL chop through it to complete the firing cycle. Do NOT try sticking your finger in the breech.

On my T9 I rarely break any paint. First, I don't go cheap with my paint, so that helps with the barrel breaks. Second, I ALWAYS use a motorized hopper on it. 12volt Revolution at least. Only time I've ever chopped a ball is when I forget to turn on the hopper.

Also, make sure you have your detents installed correctly. If you can't cause them to flex out with your finger they're not installed right.
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:50 PM #3
TossingCookies

I used to have a gravity fed hopper on the t9....I have a Etek3 LT with a rotor hopper so I'll prolly use that if I get another T9....So that may explain why I broke paint.....The T8 broke paint outa the mag when I tested one at a field....I'll prolly go with the T9 but didn't know if any upgrades out there, if there was a barrel to paint match now or is it still 1 barrel....What paint you use Fubarius?

Jesus had no servants, yet they called Him Master.Had no degree, yet called Him Teacher.Had no medicines, yet called Him Healer. Had no army, yet kings feared Him and He conquered the world. Committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.Buried in a tomb, He lives today. Feel honored to serve a Leader who loves us. Jesus said.."If you deny me before man, I will deny you before my Father in Heaven.
TossingCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 PM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TossingCookies View Post
I used to have a gravity fed hopper on the t9....I have a Etek3 LT with a rotor hopper so I'll prolly use that if I get another T9....So that may explain why I broke paint.....The T8 broke paint outa the mag when I tested one at a field....I'll prolly go with the T9 but didn't know if any upgrades out there, if there was a barrel to paint match now or is it still 1 barrel....What paint you use Fubarius?
Well there are a few aftermarket barrels for the T9 from Lapco, but the new T9.1 is coming very soon and it will use a slightly different barrel (a bit thicker, with different detents). It might be a little while until Lapco makes barrels for the new version, but I'm rather sure they'll get to it.

Last time I used my T9 for an extended period of time I was using WPN Elixir. Shot nearly the whole case at a scenario game with out a single break or chop.
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote