Community Focus

Old 03-05-2010, 10:17 PM #1
snowboardgeek1

snowboardgeek1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snowboardgeek1 supports Team VICIOUS
Azodin KP+ thoughts

Hi everyone,

I'm a total newb when it comes to pumps. I have owned, and currently own, high end markers such as a DM9 Ironmen Ollie Lang, and an SL94. I'm looking to purchase my first pump gun. I highly doubt I'll ever join a pump tournament. The only reason I'm looking to buy a pump...it looks like a lot of fun to mess around with I also feel it'll help when I go to practice with my team and we do one on one snap shooting drills where we can only use one shot to try and kill our opponent.

The pump I'm looking to purchase is an Azodin KP+. The reason I'm looking at choosing the KP+ over the regular KP is that it has the auto trigger function, as well as an on/off and reg. I feel if I get th KP, I'd want to upgrade the on/off and reg so I figure I might as well get the KP+.

Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2010, 12:36 AM #2
hellbatman

I personally don't think they are worth it. For the same price I could buy the standard and throw on whatever regulator and ASA I wanted in addition to buying the single trigger frame...which in my opinion feels far more right as a pump. The KP+ is an electronic gun...another thing that doesn't really feel right on a pump.
That said...the KP is an awesome marker. One of the lightest Sheridan/Autococker style pumps out there...great pump stroke and feel.

-curtis
hellbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:06 AM #3
Self Medicated
General Apathy

The thing about the KP+ that sets it apart from the KP is that the electronic trigger frame effectively gives the KP+ autotrigger capabilities. The regular KP does not have autotrigger. But just bolting the electronic frame onto a KP body will not give it autotrigger, as the KP+ has a secondary microswitch that gives it its autotrigger capabilities.

Ebay
M. Carter Brown
Old PbNation
New PbNation
SpecOps
Self Medicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:19 AM #4
snowboardgeek1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Medicated View Post
The thing about the KP+ that sets it apart from the KP is that the electronic trigger frame effectively gives the KP+ autotrigger capabilities. The regular KP does not have autotrigger. But just bolting the electronic frame onto a KP body will not give it autotrigger, as the KP+ has a secondary microswitch that gives it its autotrigger capabilities.
That was one of the reasons why I considered the KP+. Definitely a cool little feature. The looks of the gun, I think it sucks. The check-it products V2 sniper, another gun I looked at, has really nice milling and annodizing. Does it have an autotrigger as well?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:11 AM #5
Ego9Eclipse
*****es be Trippin!

Ego9Eclipse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ego9Eclipse supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
That was one of the reasons why I considered the KP+. Definitely a cool little feature. The looks of the gun, I think it sucks. The check-it products V2 sniper, another gun I looked at, has really nice milling and annodizing. Does it have an autotrigger as well?
The one thing i dont like about the check it is the feedneck it only fits vlocity's and shake n shoots so that would be an automatic 35 dollor upgrade id take the Kp/Kp+ over the v2
Markers I Have Owned: Tippmann98C, JT Stealth, Proto SLG(NEVER AGAIN), Spyder Pilot, WGP WorrMachine, Brass Eagle Avenger, PMI Trracer, PE Ego9, PE Geo, PE Ego11, Alien Independence T, Macdev Clone, Dye NT, Bob Long Victory, Dangerous Power Fusion FX, Azodin Zenith, DP E1, Brass Eagle Blade, .50 Cal Patriot Pistol, Invert Mini.
Underlined guns are the guns I love/miss.
Ego9Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:54 AM #6
snowboardgeek1

Good point. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:29 PM #7
Ego9Eclipse
*****es be Trippin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Good point. Thanks.
no prob man.....can i have your sl94 in return for my advice
Markers I Have Owned: Tippmann98C, JT Stealth, Proto SLG(NEVER AGAIN), Spyder Pilot, WGP WorrMachine, Brass Eagle Avenger, PMI Trracer, PE Ego9, PE Geo, PE Ego11, Alien Independence T, Macdev Clone, Dye NT, Bob Long Victory, Dangerous Power Fusion FX, Azodin Zenith, DP E1, Brass Eagle Blade, .50 Cal Patriot Pistol, Invert Mini.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:21 PM #8
snowboardgeek1

LMAO sorry bro. What I can do is offer you help on your ego if you ever need it lol
Old 03-07-2010, 09:45 AM #9
Ego9Eclipse
*****es be Trippin!

fine il take the Ollie Lang Dm9 then of you insist :-)
Old 03-07-2010, 12:47 PM #10
MFgrimm

If you already own an SL94, you might as well get a CCM T2. It terms of comfort level of balance and weight.. its right up your alley w/ that EGO you are used to.

As far as the KP+, its a pretty good Pump for what its worth. The Price is agreeable if you really break it down and it shoots just as fine as any other Sniper II out there. Now the only reason anyone would want a KP or a KP+ is over all cost and want a pump that is good to go out of the box without any additional upgrades or desires to customize it.

Some people want Snipers, you know, get an old autococker laying around and slap a pump kit on it. You can change the valves, body, frame,pump kit, reg, ASA etc. Now if thats not really a big deal with you then consider a KP/KP+

The only upgrade to a KP+ i would recommend is obviously a barrel: get a freak kit, python, techt ifit, whatever.. or a cheaper alternative is a .679 or .685 CP One-Piece.. you wont really need any other barrel ---- UNLESS YOU ARE PAINT PICKY. What all of these alternative barrel does is prevent roll outs. The Stock barrel w/ triad system works fine but not with many paint brands. Aside from that, maybe a clamping feedneck, the stock feed neck works fine with a lot of hoppers--electronic or grav so this upgrade is just a matter of preference.

The cost of $269.99 will obviously go up with mentioned upgrades, so you could find a used half blocked cocker or whatever that is similar to the EGO or whatever conventional marker you are used to...

Again, when it comes to paintball markers electro or mech---pumps are no different... there is no good or bad, just preference.

oh and autotrigger on pumps are for pussies... i'm just saying.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM #11
snowboardgeek1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFgrimm View Post
If you already own an SL94, you might as well get a CCM T2. It terms of comfort level of balance and weight.. its right up your alley w/ that EGO you are used to.

As far as the KP+, its a pretty good Pump for what its worth. The Price is agreeable if you really break it down and it shoots just as fine as any other Sniper II out there. Now the only reason anyone would want a KP or a KP+ is over all cost and want a pump that is good to go out of the box without any additional upgrades or desires to customize it.

Some people want Snipers, you know, get an old autococker laying around and slap a pump kit on it. You can change the valves, body, frame,pump kit, reg, ASA etc. Now if thats not really a big deal with you then consider a KP/KP+

The only upgrade to a KP+ i would recommend is obviously a barrel: get a freak kit, python, techt ifit, whatever.. or a cheaper alternative is a .679 or .685 CP One-Piece.. you wont really need any other barrel ---- UNLESS YOU ARE PAINT PICKY. What all of these alternative barrel does is prevent roll outs. The Stock barrel w/ triad system works fine but not with many paint brands. Aside from that, maybe a clamping feedneck, the stock feed neck works fine with a lot of hoppers--electronic or grav so this upgrade is just a matter of preference.

The cost of $269.99 will obviously go up with mentioned upgrades, so you could find a used half blocked cocker or whatever that is similar to the EGO or whatever conventional marker you are used to...

Again, when it comes to paintball markers electro or mech---pumps are no different... there is no good or bad, just preference.

I love this last comment lol

I thought of getting a high end pump like a CCM but I wanna try a cheap pump first to see if I really could get into it.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 AM #12
Ego9Eclipse
*****es be Trippin!

the s6(i believe thats the name) is very nice as well and a bit cheaper
Old 03-08-2010, 01:22 AM #13
Daliz

There's just something that isn't right about batteries in a pump.. I'm sure the KP+ is a nice shooter but I'd just go with the KP, maybe throw some cheap reg on there. Then if you really like pump play you can upgrade to some highend AT capable pump (CCM T2, S6, Palmers Pyre) if you so desire.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 AM #14
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Any word on what Enhanced mode is? Looks like a very interesting gun!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 AM #15
Self Medicated
General Apathy

I believe that enhanced mode completely bypasses the trigger, and the marker is fired when the secondary microswitch is triggered my movement of the pump arm to its closed position.

EDIT: Just checked the manual. Every time you pump, it fires automatically without having to pull the trigger.

Ebay
M. Carter Brown
Old PbNation
New PbNation
SpecOps

Last edited by Self Medicated : 03-08-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Self Medicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM #16
snowboardgeek1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Any word on what Enhanced mode is? Looks like a very interesting gun!
Not sure. Its a fairly new gun but I guess it hasn't been selling very well because I haven't seen many reviews or insight on the gun. There is a short video that someone made on youtube showing the auto-trigger capabilities. I'm wondering if the enhanced mode just makes it easier to switch from auto trigger to regular pump play.

For the price, it has some nice features. It all depends on whether you need or want those features. I've held the marker and its fairly light. It seemed to be a little heavier than my old Ego 6. The only thing I would change on the KP+ if I were to buy it, which most likely I will, is the feedneck. I'm so used to the type of feednecks on my EGO's and DM that I can't imagine using anything else.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM #17
g35x
Pump Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Medicated View Post
EDIT: Just checked the manual. Every time you pump, it fires automatically without having to pull the trigger.
Wow. That's even worse than auto trigger...

I really like what KP is doing, that is making pump available to more people by producing affordable pump markers, but I didn't like the KP that much in the first place, and now I really hate the KP+.

First off, there are a few KP's at my field. I've shot them, and they shoot okay, not as nice as snipers, but acceptable. Oh, and they sound horrible. I've heard snipers that "fart", but the KP's sound even worse.

Now what they should've done with the KP+ is add a single trigger frame, on/off, and add a normal autotrigger that functions like the one on CCM markers. You shouldn't need to put batteries in the gun just to achieve autotrigger functionality! and this "enhanced mode" just sounds stupid. How hard is it to hold down the trigger?

OP, if I were you, I would buy the Check It Products V2 Mini Sniper Paintball Pump Gun Package from PBGateway. The KP+ is $270, the Check It V2 is $350, but the V2 comes witha full barrel kit, single trigger frame, and an on/off.

Last edited by g35x : 03-08-2010 at 03:22 PM.
g35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:30 PM #18
snowboardgeek1

I thought of purchasing the V2, but I already have a Kaner barrel kit, and let me say, the Kaner barrel kit is AWESOME. It is one of the best barrel kits I've ever used. I even sold my deadlywind barrel with freak inserts because the Kaner barrel kit is so great.

Anyhow, I might be able to get the KP+ cheaper than the usual going price. Still waiting to find out from my connections.

The single trigger frame doesn't really matter much to me and the KP+ does have an on off. That's one of the upgrades compared to a regular KP
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM #19
NoLimitz808

NoLimitz808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoLimitz808 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
please keep pump pure guys, say NO to Auto trigger!
NoLimitz808 is offline   Reply With Quote