Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM #22
L337PwNaGe (Banned)

see, you guys all talk about md's superior quality but i'm not thinking that at all

if they're all broken in, you should see more similar numbers if the quality is so high
L337PwNaGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 PM #23
curly2k3
O' Herro Preeeez

has been a member for 10 years
curly2k3 is Legendary
why are you trolling?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post79642895
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:40 PM #24
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
He's not trolling, but he's not exactly correct, either. Reballs are not the paragon of quality. Depends on the brand, how clean they are, how much use they've seen, etc. I've practiced with real Reballs and Mighty Balls and I never found either to be consistent at all. Also, they're incredibly small (.67) and unless you have a .670-.675ish barrel, they're going to be highly inconsistent because they will bounce around inside the barrel while moving through it.

As to the issue of quality, AKA was regarded as one of the highest levels of quality, but believe me, even they were nowhere near perfect. Not based on what I've seen in the shop (DC) before.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:15 PM #25
curly2k3
O' Herro Preeeez

curly2k3 is Legendary
I should take a dial caliper to my reballs, you can see visually that they have inconsistencies, not to mention they tend to grab a bit more (yes, I have REAL reballs)

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post79642895
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 AM #26
Compulsion
Not as smart as he thinks

Compulsion is a Supporting Member
Compulsion supports our troops
Compulsion supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by L337PwNaGe View Post
see, you guys all talk about md's superior quality but i'm not thinking that at all

if they're all broken in, you should see more similar numbers if the quality is so high
Who knows. Perhaps if each gun had shot the same number of balls at the same pressures, using the same batch of orings, same batch of lube in the same humidities and had all been teched at the same time in mirroring manners they would have.

Unfortunately, each was at a different point in their life. I can't vouch for how many cases each gun shot, apart from looking at internal wear and that's difficult with RXs, since the sealed bolt keeps detritus out and the breech stays very clean.

Quote:
As to the issue of quality, AKA was regarded as one of the highest levels of quality, but believe me, even they were nowhere near perfect. Not based on what I've seen in the shop (DC) before.
When comparing my operating pressure to published operating pressures, MD does very well. My Droid was usually humming within 5 psi of the published pressure, and all the RXs were within 15psi of the published number.

The Vicious Ego 9 I had for about a week needed to be operated at 60psi over the published pressure in order to hit 300fps. I was told by a PE tech that that was "within acceptable ranges". I think Jack Wood is a class act and I'd like to shoot his guns, but that Ego9 has scared me away from the platform for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
Reballs are not the paragon of quality. Depends on the brand, how clean they are, how much use they've seen, etc. I've practiced with real Reballs and Mighty Balls and I never found either to be consistent at all. Also, they're incredibly small (.67) and unless you have a .670-.675ish barrel, they're going to be highly inconsistent because they will bounce around inside the barrel while moving through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3 View Post
I should take a dial caliper to my reballs, you can see visually that they have inconsistencies, not to mention they tend to grab a bit more (yes, I have REAL reballs)
I have real reballs. I have a real reball insert, as well (.670) but I found that it wasn't useful for chronoing. I had to chrono many FPS higher in order to have my gun shooting <300fps when I hit the field. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think it was in the realm of 330fps. Furthermore, the variation in quality amplified the variation in velocity.

I do get outliers when chronoing using reballs. But I normally take many readings and see where they're clumped. I'm not so anal that I record them into a spreadsheet and run analysis from that, but neither do I just fire off one or two and quote the average.

The variation in reball quality is regrettable. However, I think it's ability to be used as a constant makes it superior to paint for my testing purposes.
facebook.com/ronhockman
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM #27
MoToMoFo57
Hold it Wide.

MoToMoFo57 plays in the PSP
I seemed to break my eyes...

where can i buy replacements?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:35 PM #28
curly2k3
O' Herro Preeeez