PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 PM #1
Quikkie

has been a member for 10 years
SLG Solenoid/Bolt Question

Hello, First off I am very bad at fixing guns so I am just going to get that out there. The gun I have is the 2009 UL SLG. Now the problem is that everytime I turn my gun on and have it ready to fire, the solenoid clicks, but the gun dosen't shoot. Now I was at the field the other day and my teamate was messing with it and when he messed with the reg every now and then it would shoot for maybe 20 balls before it went back to the same problem. I Know it isnt the battery cause I changed it before I went out, I have tried to push the bleed button multiple times and that didnt do anything, and I have no Idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Quikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 PM #2
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
make sure that the bolt isint stuck forward. mine did that several times and it just took some lube on the bolt to fix. try and not use the push bleed until you get the entire bolt out -- the pressure of it will just keep pushing the bolt into the breach.

hopefully that should work. if not, call dye...it's a pretty common problem from what i gather and they should be able to point you in the right direction.
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 AM #3
Quikkie

Yea, I took the bolt out and lubed it up again, and it does the same thing. I turn it on and it just clicks but no fireing. I have tried pushing the bleed button multiple times like the troubleshooting tip says in the manual but that does nothing. What did you mean by the bolt was pushed forward. I think the bolt is doing something to mess it up cause it is always in the gun really tight after I air it up. lmk if you have any more tips. thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 PM #4
dun4sam

dun4sam plays in the PSP
dun4sam is an NCPA player
dun4sam plays in the APPA D4 division
i am having the same problem too, if you figure it out or i figure it out ill pm ya or something

POW/MIA GEO
dun4sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:11 AM #5
dun4sam

dun4sam plays in the PSP
k try changing the 016 orings on the bolt thats what i just did and now it works fine

POW/MIA GEO
Old 03-18-2010, 03:21 AM #6
Quikkie

Damn, I just changed my 016 Orings and its still clicking but not firing. Did you do anything else to get yours working like change the other orings also, or mess with something else?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 PM #7
PBClubDude
Patrol For Life!

PBClubDude plays in the USPL
PBClubDude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBClubDude plays in the APPA D5 division
It sounds like there is no air getting past the reg. Maintain the reg.
Phone: 408-295-9015
SantaClaraPaintball.com San Jose, CA BigRedPhotography.net and USPN.BIZ Hollister, CA
PBClubDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:14 AM #8
Quikkie

Thats what I thoughtm also, but its airing up to the bolt, so some air has to be getting through. How would I go about Maintaining the reg?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM #9
dun4sam

dun4sam plays in the PSP
clean it really, there kind of is a picture of it in manual but doesnt deconstruct it all the way down, if you do take it apart be careful with the little shims

POW/MIA GEO
Old 03-21-2010, 08:56 AM #10
dkim01

When did you get the marker? Did you just get it or did these issues begin after you've owned it for a while?
dkim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 AM #11
Quikkie

I got it maybe 5 months ago, it worked for a bit but always had some issues, but this one with the solenouid clicking but the bolt not firing is a new 1? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 04:21 AM #12
rocket92

my slg always does that in the beginning, i have to shoot like 3 times than it works, i have noticed that it doesnt do this right after i lube the bolt. i think you should make sure that your gun is shooting around 285 fps, it may not have enough air to even pull the bolt back. make sure everything is clean too, broken paint in the gun causes stupid problems like that sometimes....
rocket92 is offline   Reply With Quote