PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-14-2010, 03:17 PM #1
Ghost21
Psycho Squirrels

T8 mag mods for uses in the T8.1

Well I know that alot of you have found out the old mags will not work in the new t8.1. Well the reason is the thickness of the barrel. So if you are wanting to use your old mags in the new marker, well here we go.

Well as everyone knows, the new mag verse the old, is the dip on the top of the mag.

Well the valley on the t8.1 is .5 inchs with the max depth in the center being .006 inchs.

So take a file or dremal or even a air grinder and start in the center of the mag as shown.

Take your time and make sure that you do both the front and the rear equally.

As you see, they now both look the same.

I have done this to all 7 mag and they fire perfectly out of the 8.1. But let it be known, THIS MOD WILL NOT FIRE FS ROUND. It will fire out of your t8.1 with .68 paintball only.
Ghost21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2010, 12:55 PM #2
The Dirty Samurai
Honor, lots of it!!!!

That's odd. I bought the conversion kit for my Tib-8. Both magazines work fine. I just didn't change the spring. We played the first WTL Pistol Division and I was switching back and forth between magazines without a hitch.
The Dirty Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:48 PM #3
Ghost21
Psycho Squirrels

no this is the mod for those that bought the t8.1. It is a T8 that has been upgraded. One peace upper. quick access for the rear bolt.
Because the barrel is a lot thicker, you need this to use your old mag on the new marker..
Ghost21 is offline   Reply With Quote