PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:35 AM #64
Nyx3d
Green ones are not ripe

has been a member for 10 years
I'm not a plate guy. up 25's/20's the whole way.

"Originally posted by karnavorrr: Will doing one armed kettlebell snatches on a bosu ball make my strength more functional?"

Buyers Digest
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 PM #65
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
deads I don't always plate up the whole way because they want you to use rubber plates, but they only have 8 of those, so then I have to start using rubber 35s and 25s if I want to follow the rules. Sometimes I just alternate between rubber plates and metal plates though.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM #66
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Lower body today, legs hurt from doing overhead squats and bungee squats back to back.
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 PM #67
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I increase my poundage anywhere from 20-40 pounds during my warmups. Like if I build up to 300 it'll be like: bar-135-185-225-255-280-300

Except I can't reach ****ing depth with anything much less than 185 on squats, so I usually start with 135 or so there.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 PM #68
WGPo4'
OU? ONO!

WGPo4' owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WGPo4' is an NCPA player
WGPo4' is an NCPA National Champion
WGPo4' plays in the APPA D5 division
great day today. chest/tris

first day using Jack3d, felt pretty good. much better than superpump250, i can feel it somewhat (only took one scoop).

also first time using SizeOn, made a 20oz drink with one scoop. to those of you who use this or similar, how in the world do you drink it when you work out? i drank maybe 10oz of it, and it took me probably an extra 20 mins (little over an hour to do my normal workout) because i was on the verge on uking. i only took small sips =(

i'm the kinda person who can't eat/drink before any physical activity. also why i like Jack3d, the serving size is only 4oz as opposed to 8-10 with SP250.

Bad Blood
so i heard you're a virgin?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:46 PM #69
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
I drink mad water during my workouts
Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 PM #70
DYEGYEsniper
building a monster

Did upper body today after a 5 day break (missed two days last week while my buddy was in town, took the weekend off like I always do, and I was majorly sick yesterday). Felt good. I was going to go take a spinning class tonight, but what I thought was going to be like a half hour trip to walmart with my mom turned into more than an hour and I missed the start time.

"Originally Posted By SmArT-SpOrKs: You have a huge face. Its not a bad thing. Its just huge. Not fat. Large. Like a humvee to our average volvos."

"Originally posted by Lurker27: PBN:Small Talk:GetAsHugeAsPossibleAndAdhereToTheIFBBAestheti cOrYouAreABetaPhaggot"

BUY MY PHANTOM VSC
Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM #71
WGPo4'
OU? ONO!

WGPo4' owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WGPo4' is an NCPA player
WGPo4' is an NCPA National Champion
WGPo4' plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
I drink mad water during my workouts
really

i actually also find the need to spit/hack up some stuff too. it gets bad when my allergies are bad, i almost gag. i think it honestly comes from my nasal passages being clogged up, its happened every since i was a kid. for example when they'd be bad, i get kinda claustrophobic which wouldn't let me wear anything tight around my neck like turtlenecks or button down shirts

Bad Blood
so i heard you're a virgin?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 PM #72
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

I'm not trying to argue, but how is something taxing on your central nervous system? I thought lifting would only be taxing on your joints and stuff.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 03-16-2010, 07:17 PM #73
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

It has to do with the mental focus that is required to lift really heavy stuff. The CNS is what is directing your muscles to fire. Read some of Louis Simmons' stuff for better understanding.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 PM #74
afroooo
stayedge

as i was warming up shoulders today I saw this just like total group of tools walk in, so bad I couldn't help but laugh at them.

anyways I'm doing db shoulder press, going pretty heavy and one of the guys walks by, hits my dumbbell with his should mid rep forcing me to drop it. he saw what he did, but no sorry or nothing. I was ready to lose it and
go off on this kid but before I could even take my head phones out two guys came running over and did the job for me. ripped him a new one. it was pretty wild.

it feels like my gym is just getting more and more filled with ridiculous kids who throw there whole body to curl a weight on biceps or don't put anything away and just look like idiots. anyone else starting to see this?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM #75
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

no, my gym is great.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 PM #76
afroooo
stayedge

jealous.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 PM #77
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
I'm not trying to argue, but how is something taxing on your central nervous system? I thought lifting would only be taxing on your joints and stuff.
Before your bones and muscles even move an inch, they have to receive information from somewhere. Guess where that somewhere is? Your CNS (brain sends message to move through spinal cord and nerves which end in your muscles) Lifting involves a great deal of neurological activity and the bigger, more compound lifts require much more effort than something smaller like a curl where the brain only sends a message to one muscle to contract.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 PM #78
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

I hate warming up. For bench i usually press the bar 10 times, 95-115 6 times, and straight to 180-205 work sets. For Squats the bar, 135, 205.

I will prob start taking it slow once i get to 2 plates for reps

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 PM #79
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
I hate warming up. For bench i usually press the bar 10 times, 95-115 6 times, and straight to 180-205 work sets. For Squats the bar, 135, 205.

I will prob start taking it slow once i get to 2 plates for reps
i used to warm up with the bar on bench but i started warming up with 25 on each side and i found i lift better for the rest of the sets when i do that

EDIT: alright thanks guys i understand what CNS means. never thought about it like that before
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 PM #80
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

I recently started with the bar to give me a little extra time to go over form before the workload. But like you said, i should prob stop so i will have more energy for the work sets

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 PM #81
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

robbie_vlad is playing at Living Legends III
I'm on vacation so I did what I could today with my backpack and some 22.5lb plates I brought:

3 mile run
3x15 weighted pushups (45lbs)
4x8 weighted dips (45lbs)
3x20 flys (22.5lbs)

I can't wait to get home. This vacation blows.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:57 AM #82
j-dub jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroooo View Post
as i was warming up shoulders today I saw this just like total group of tools walk in, so bad I couldn't help but laugh at them.

anyways I'm doing db shoulder press, going pretty heavy and one of the guys walks by, hits my dumbbell with his should mid rep forcing me to drop it. he saw what he did, but no sorry or nothing. I was ready to lose it and
go off on this kid but before I could even take my head phones out two guys came running over and did the job for me. ripped him a new one. it was pretty wild.

it feels like my gym is just getting more and more filled with ridiculous kids who throw there whole body to curl a weight on biceps or don't put anything away and just look like idiots. anyone else starting to see this?
I would rage so so so hard. I have some total douchewads at my gym, but luckily no one has ever been rude to me or anything. I HATE 24 Hour Fitness. Nice of those guys to step up though.

Lately I have seen it too. I feel my gym is getting more and more high schoolers.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 AM #83
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dub jr. View Post
I would rage so so so hard. I have some total douchewads at my gym, but luckily no one has ever been rude to me or anything. I HATE 24 Hour Fitness. Nice of those guys to step up though.

Lately I have seen it too. I feel my gym is getting more and more high schoolers.
Were suppose to look big and strong for the ladies
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 03-17-2010, 12:49 PM #84
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Well I did my new cardio routine today and it was pretty ****ing wild. Pyrosive, I give you major credit for doing farmer walks with 150 lb DBs lol

I used 100s and would walk the length of the basketball court, drop them at the end and sprint 2 lengths. For rest I walked 2 lengths and immediately started over again. I was planning on 20 total reps but only got 13 farmer walks and I added 2 more sprints on the end totaling to 15.

The only thing that really got me was grip strength which led the DBs to kinda lean against my wrists. I got a nice looking bruise on my left wrist from that right now. I think if I could rig up a bar so that the plates wouldn't touch my wrists I would be able to do much more for longer periods of time.
Closed Thread