Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 PM #1
teamrd

Victory "Kick" - Normal?

I just picked up a new Victory yesterday with the SC engine pre-installed. Went out today, used the tester to set it to 200 / 80, then adjusted the HPR to chrono at 285.

I was going back and forth between my Mini and the Victory, and the Victory has significantly more "kick" or vibration than the Mini. Is this normal? It's not like I'm used to a spoolie or something, the Mini is a poppet too. I was kind of surprised after spending more than three times the price of the Mini on my Victory to have the mini shoot "smoother."

Just to make sure it wasn't some screwy settings, I already did a factory default / reset on the board. Seemed slightly better, but still a fairly noticeable kick that I was not expecting.

So, on to the questions:

1) Is this normal? Is there a noticeable "kick" with all Victory's?
2) If it's not normal, does the gun "break in" and the problem will go away on its own?
3) If break-in is all BS, is there something I can do to improve this? I didn't lube the gun (as it was covered in Dow 55 from the factory) but I can put some oil on the bolt orings. Would that make any difference?
teamrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 PM #2
hipnopath
Cut it up Fresh.

hipnopath helped look for balloons
hipnopath is playing at Living Legends VI
hipnopath owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hipnopath supports Team VICIOUS
The gun breaks in after 10 cases, it goes away with use, and try to set your LPR to 70 - 75, Dwell 6, and HPR to chrono.
hipnopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 PM #3
teamrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipnopath View Post
The gun breaks in after 10 cases, it goes away with use, and try to set your LPR to 70 - 75, Dwell 6, and HPR to chrono.
Excellent info. Thanks!
teamrd is offline   Reply With Quote