Quote:
Originally Posted by pball72008 View Post
i have a HUGE bump on my shin from checking a kick today
You checked it with the bone of your shin? Good job. haha
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM #24
Јon

I found this link the other day and forgot to share it here.

http://www.my.calendars.net/mmaontv/...&positioning=A

You should all probably bookmark it. It's super useful.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 PM #25
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
John Fitch is my least favorite fighter in the UFC. he is so incredibly boring, I really avoid paying for ppvs if he's on the card. it's a waste of my time watching it. At least he's fighting alves who is exciting so hopefully alves can do enough to make the fight decent. It's almost impossible though when fitch is fighting though. I hope dana drops him.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 PM #26
paintballer2k77

paintballer2k77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer2k77 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB819 View Post

Anyways I feel like My wrestling is really getting better. My takedown defense is really getting there, but I'm a little too timid to actually go for takedowns myself. I tend to just pull guard or try to reverse takedowns. I've been told that the more comfortable I get defending and the more takedowns I learn I'll be more active
if ur doing wrestling for wrestling than you can be sucessful without doing takedowns i got all county without doing a single takedown in confrence or county tournis
if your doing wrestling for mma then you should really start working on your takedowns especially as a big guy if you wrestle at 215 and are stocky you will do great in wrestling if you can get your takedowns right but until then i hope u have good standup :p
but the best way to work on your shots is to practice in real matches where there is real pressure even if you lose at the beginning you still get good at takedowns
Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 PM #27
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
SpyderPB819 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer2k77 View Post
if ur doing wrestling for wrestling than you can be sucessful without doing takedowns i got all county without doing a single takedown in confrence or county tournis
if your doing wrestling for mma then you should really start working on your takedowns especially as a big guy if you wrestle at 215 and are stocky you will do great in wrestling if you can get your takedowns right but until then i hope u have good standup :p
but the best way to work on your shots is to practice in real matches where there is real pressure even if you lose at the beginning you still get good at takedowns
I wrestle at 189, it's like the whole mixing it with striking and not wanting to get caught in a dumb submission that has me tentative. I'm a pretty decent wrestler, but for MMA not so much
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 PM #28
fooshoooo (Banned)
Get Some Gears!

fooshoooo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fooshoooo supports Team VICIOUS
fooshoooo is for the Gunfight
i wrestle at 119
Old 03-18-2010, 02:06 PM #30
SpyderPB819

Yeah I cut hard for 189. Usually like from 197-200. At the beginning of the season I was like 205, that cut sucked
Old 03-18-2010, 06:58 PM #31
fooshoooo (Banned)
Get Some Gears!

Quote:
Yeah I cut hard for 189. Usually like from 197-200. At the beginning of the season I was like 205, that cut sucked
are you still in high school?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:13 PM #32
SpyderPB819

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooshoooo View Post
are you still in high school?
Yes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 PM #33
fooshoooo (Banned)
Get Some Gears!

have you heard of morgan macintosh. he's a 189 national wrestler
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 PM #34
SpyderPB819

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooshoooo View Post
have you heard of morgan macintosh. he's a 189 national wrestler
Nope, what state is he wrestling out of?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 PM #35
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
My best friend just competed in the Lutador challenge in GA last weekend. He competed in the brown/black pro heavy division. He ended up in the finals after tapping a Roberto Traven black belt. His opponent in the finals ended up being the current brown belt medium/heavy world champion who also placed 2nd in absolute at the Worlds.

In my opinion, my buddy definitely had his number and was dominating until a freak knee injury forced him to tap. My buddy is the brown belt in the white True gi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6IzUk7JZzM
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 PM #36
SpyderPB819

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGrrrr View Post
My best friend just competed in the Lutador challenge in GA last weekend. He competed in the brown/black pro heavy division. He ended up in the finals after tapping a Roberto Traven black belt. His opponent in the finals ended up being the current brown belt medium/heavy world champion who also placed 2nd in absolute at the Worlds.

In my opinion, my buddy definitely had his number and was dominating until a freak knee injury forced him to tap. My buddy is the brown belt in the white True gi.

Damn, that triangle was pretty close. He did a really good job, I hope he can return to training soon
Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 AM #37
fooshoooo (Banned)
Get Some Gears!

Quote:
Nope, what state is he wrestling out of?
out of California
he's a junior right now
Old 03-19-2010, 02:24 AM #38
123paintball_dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGrrrr View Post

Nice, your buddy has a pretty good guard. Other guy has a good half guard. Half guard, especially when you start getting into those 50/50ish and deep half posititons, I've noticed are tricky for injuries, I think it's because all the grips and torque is at the knee, which isn't the most resilient body part. I know I've popped at least one person's knee when I transition to 50/50, and they think they can take side control.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:25 AM #39
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Quote:
Damn, that triangle was pretty close. He did a really good job, I hope he can return to training soon
He's going to Pan Am's next month. He hasn't gone to the doctor yet because he has no insurance, but he's staying off of it right now.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:12 AM #40
SpyderPB819

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123paintball_dude View Post
Nice, your buddy has a pretty good guard. Other guy has a good half guard. Half guard, especially when you start getting into those 50/50ish and deep half posititons, I've noticed are tricky for injuries, I think it's because all the grips and torque is at the knee, which isn't the most resilient body part. I know I've popped at least one person's knee when I transition to 50/50, and they think they can take side control.
Have you ever seen the calf crush Eddie Bravo used to do from half guard? It wouldn't tap everybody, but it at least set up a sweep every time.

EDIT: Looks like Lashley has been hanging around Mr. Overeem

Last edited by SpyderPB819 : 03-19-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:13 PM #41
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 03-19-2010, 10:12 PM #42
fooshoooo (Banned)
Get Some Gears!

do any of you guys use whey protein?
last year i use some other protein thing before but, i wanna try out whey.
Closed Thread