Originally Posted by lufkon
A helicoil should fix that no problem. Just a PITA since its so small
I agree. I have used them before, on my buddy's Xvalve which was stripped. But to get the kit would have ran me $20 or so, and when I had it running before anno, there was a slight leak from the valve. It was probably in need of a new oring or some lube, but I figured, for a little bit extra, why not have the master, Jared, give it a quick tune.
Totally agree with you though. I am so glad that it was something that could easily be fixed. I was literally putting it together, and nothing was tightening. I am looking down at it and thinking that after everything, if this was to be unfixable, there goes a $1,300+ project that I would have to start from scratch again. It's the worst feeling when stuff happens after anno. While things are raw it's not so bad. But just when you think you are complete, BAM!!