Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 AM #43
Ekyness

I got a "play" that my team has used in this situation before. We have a side line coach that will signal us. He will say a key word that will tell me to start pretending my gun is down/jamed. So the other dude sees im not comeing out and hes shooting at my bunker and all that. The hopefully his coach picks up on this and sends his guy in for the kill thinking that my gun is jammed then my coach will scream where the run threw is comeing from and i pop him. To do this you and your coach must have the names of the bunkers and field layout memorized. Because you are just gonna be playing by ear and not looking out makeing it look like yuor trying to fix your gun. So he will tell yuo what bunker your opponent is at and you will just be moving to make sure hje dont got an angle on you. With the right coach and great communication this tactic is money. Dont do it all the time, just have this in your bag of tricks. Yes it may seem cheap but its not cheating and well winning is winning.
Ekyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 PM #44
Kristo
DoNt_HaTe_BrUdDa

Kristo is playing at Living Legends III
Kristo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kristo supports Team VICIOUS
Kristo is for the Gunfight
seems like too much work when i can charge them and shoot the right side of their bunker then bunker them on thier left......
Kristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:24 PM #45
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Charging people to bunker them when in a 1 v. 1 situation is rarely the best option. You get a lot of trade outs that way, which doesn't get you the point or the win.

As others said, keep moving, shadow bunkers, keep gun up, make them lose track of where you are and then surprise them with a shot from an angle they didn't expect.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM #46
Kristo
DoNt_HaTe_BrUdDa

Kristo is playing at Living Legends III
Kristo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kristo supports Team VICIOUS
Kristo is for the Gunfight
^^^^^^^^^^ i do that also. but if u shoot one side of the bunker then bunker from the otherside... i think in a 1v1 i have only trades mabe 3 or 4 times on that. it works pretty well personally.
Kristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM #47
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
Maybe where you play that will work, but once you get into D3 and beyond, most players will be good enough to trade with you. A few will have coaches that tell them you're coming and pop out over the top of the bunker (where you aren't shooting or expecting them to be) and shoot you before you get close enough for a bunker.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:20 PM #48
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark6428 View Post
Maybe where you play that will work, but once you get into D3 and beyond, most players will be good enough to trade with you. A few will have coaches that tell them you're coming and pop out over the top of the bunker (where you aren't shooting or expecting them to be) and shoot you before you get close enough for a bunker.

It wouldn't fly around here and the players aren't even all near that level.

Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview

Last edited by Shawn_Savage : 04-12-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:39 PM #49
Auzie'sCOOL777
Bang Bang

Auzie'sCOOL777 is a Professional paintball player
Auzie'sCOOL777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdoug View Post
Charging people to bunker them when in a 1 v. 1 situation is rarely the best option. You get a lot of trade outs that way, which doesn't get you the point or the win.

As others said, keep moving, shadow bunkers, keep gun up, make them lose track of where you are and then surprise them with a shot from an angle they didn't expect.

i always try to keep my gun always up and move as far up the field as i can and as fast as i can and suprise them from an unexpected angle.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:13 PM #50
Driek
Shenanigan Pump-Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzie'sCOOL777 View Post

i always try to keep my gun always up and move as far up the field as i can and as fast as i can and suprise them from an unexpected angle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxiJK0qdAmM

not a one on one situation, but this is the reaction you are looking to make on their face. From the opening day of the local field last summer.
Driek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 PM #51
paintballreppin44

paintballreppin44 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Rivers Finest View Post
Just snap out put a few on his bunker to get him in then run on his *** it works for me everytime
thats what i did i would just pop my head out to see him when he popped back in i ran up and smoked him