Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2010, 08:14 PM #1
pbforlife13

1v1 situation?

So i was wondering what your guys thoughts would be on "baiting" when your in a gunfighting, 1 on 1 situation. I mean baiting as in showing your gun out of the bunker for a split second to bring the other guy out of his bunker, so that you could come out the other side and shoot him. I've had people say dont ever do it, and i have people say its creative... so what do you guys think?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 PM #2
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Instead of fiddling with your gun, just pop your head out to look where he is, then come out in a different height/direction. This way you see where he is, and you should be able to move your head much faster than your gun.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 PM #3
pbforlife13

true... but a barrel is a smaller target than a mask if the other guy is posted on you.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 PM #4
Fall Rivers Finest

Fall Rivers Finest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fall Rivers Finest supports Team VICIOUS
Just snap out put a few on his bunker to get him in then run on his *** it works for me everytime
Fall Rivers Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:59 PM #5
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbforlife13 View Post
true... but a barrel is a smaller target than a mask if the other guy is posted on you.
If you try to do it with your barrel, your gun will be nowhere near lined up with his bunker, you may be off balance, and you won't know exactly where he is in his bunker. If you bring your head out for a quick head-check, you will see everything, your gun hasn't been pulled away from your target, and he's still gonna stay out to shoot.

You should be able to do a head-check fast enough to dodge paint from 15-20 feet, assuming they haven't started shooting before you come out. All you're doing is tilting your head to the side and then tilting it back in. It's a very short, snappy movement.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:02 PM #6
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
I've stomped my feet really loudly to make it seem like I'm running on them and sometimes they'll come out of the bunker and I'll shoot them. They typically have heard or seen me run people down all the time so they are already anticipating it and stomping my feet can sometimes just get them to wrap around to try and avoid getting shot.

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM #7
Gein

Youre going about this situation all wrong. Any experienced player will shut that move down in a heartbeat. In a true 1v1 situation you should have a whole field available to you and rarely will you end up within 15ft of your opponent. In this case your objective should be to suppress your opponent enough to make a run to another bunker giving you a better angle of your target. This works best when they dont see you make the move. Then you 'bait' them into unknowingly exposing themselves to your new position while they focus on your old bunker.

If you are referring to a 1v1 snap battle, the best strategy is to change your position often and expose as little of yourself as possible while still maintaining dominance in the gunfight.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:40 PM #8
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
If you try to do it with your barrel, your gun will be nowhere near lined up with his bunker, you may be off balance, and you won't know exactly where he is in his bunker. If you bring your head out for a quick head-check, you will see everything, your gun hasn't been pulled away from your target, and he's still gonna stay out to shoot.

You should be able to do a head-check fast enough to dodge paint from 15-20 feet, assuming they haven't started shooting before you come out. All you're doing is tilting your head to the side and then tilting it back in. It's a very short, snappy movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Rivers Finest View Post
Just snap out put a few on his bunker to get him in then run on his *** it works for me everytime
I'm sorry, but that's not a very good idea at all. If you do that you will generally trade out with the other guy, which is exactly what you don't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gein View Post
Youre going about this situation all wrong. Any experienced player will shut that move down in a heartbeat. In a true 1v1 situation you should have a whole field available to you and rarely will you end up within 15ft of your opponent. In this case your objective should be to suppress your opponent enough to make a run to another bunker giving you a better angle of your target. This works best when they dont see you make the move. Then you 'bait' them into unknowingly exposing themselves to your new position while they focus on your old bunker.

If you are referring to a 1v1 snap battle, the best strategy is to change your position often and expose as little of yourself as possible while still maintaining dominance in the gunfight.
This is how to go about it. You don't want to end up getting stuck in one bunker in a one on one. You should be focused on putting the other guy into his own bunker so you can move to a different bunker and get a better angle on your opponent.

Last edited by EmpireEmperor : 03-08-2010 at 11:42 PM.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 AM #9
Rpfusa1
Raptor Jesus

Rpfusa1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Your advantage (as has been stated) is mobility. Hopefully you have a pod of paint on your back or a hopper full. You either want to; 1) keep moving, to keep them on their heels or 2) snap battle with them. Either the clock will run out or one of you will get shot.
Another option (that most people don't like) is to actually run them down. Try moving one bunker over/forward. If he keeps shooting at your old bunker keep moving. Eventually you will get an angle and you can take him out.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:13 AM #10
Fall Rivers Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireEmperor View Post

I'm sorry, but that's not a very good idea at all. If you do that you will generally trade out with the other guy, which is exactly what you don't want.

This is how to go about it. You don't want to end up getting stuck in one bunker in a one on one. You should be focused on putting the other guy into his own bunker so you can move to a different bunker and get a better angle on your opponent.

Ok and y would you not run on him?he has no idea where you are at this point he won't have time to react game over compared to snap battling where it's 50/50
Old 03-09-2010, 05:37 AM #11
Neal N
GNARRR

Neal N plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
i really do hope you dont mean bunker him because to be honest i have never seen this actually work
www.oringmonkey.com
DXS Paintball
Neal N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 AM #12
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal N View Post
i really do hope you dont mean bunker him because to be honest i have never seen this actually work
Bobby Aviles pulled it off against NE canes.
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:51 AM #13
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
In general 'trick moves' (baiting, making noises, etc.) work against less experienced players. Experienced players they are a waste of time.

So like any trick move, it doesn't work all the time. Up to you to decide when to try it. I do agree, the best bait target is a head check, your body is very natural at getting your eyes out of the way of incoming danger.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:41 AM #14
Fall Rivers Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal N View Post
if you know what your doing it will work most of the time dont just run straight at him like a idiot you need to know how to play it
Old 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM #15
Nighthawk399

Nighthawk399 is playing at Living Legends III
Nighthawk399 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nighthawk399 supports Team VICIOUS
If your playing airball I like to push my barrel into the bunker and quickly wrap around and shoot. That way he ducks and I might be able to post up on him. By pushing barrel through curves of bunker, you really leave a small profile to get shot.
Nighthawk399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:54 PM #16
BigfootFF23

BigfootFF23 plays in the PSP
BigfootFF23 is an NCPA player
BigfootFF23 supports DLX Technology
Just be better.

Eclipse Gear
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post84129553
BigfootFF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM #17
Neal N
GNARRR

Neal N plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Bobby Aviles pulled it off against NE canes.
vid or shins
www.oringmonkey.com
DXS Paintball
Neal N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:06 PM #18
hucks1987

hucks1987 is playing at Living Legends III
hucks1987 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hucks1987 supports Team VICIOUS
i wouldnt run up on someone 1Vs1. Its pointless. Yea you can get him out but he or she could hear you comming. what i would do is post up on who ever i was trying to get out. Once they come out, push them back into there bunker, Shoot it like your running on them and go somewhere else. Where you would have a better shot. Most of the time your going to be on the D side of the 50. push them behind there bunker and run to the 50.
hucks1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:07 PM #19
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Ok and y would you not run on him?he has no idea where you are at this point he won't have time to react game over compared to snap battling where it's 50/50
How would he not know that you're coming? Are you going to try to run up to him completely silent? The only way that would work if he sat in his bunker just waiting for you to get him, and what experienced player does that in a 1 on 1?

The other way to go would be to shoot at his bunker (in an effort to keep him in) as you attempt to run and get him, but doing that is pretty much a dead giveaway to your opponent that you're trying to bunker him.

Sure, your technique might work against less experienced players in lower divisions but I really don't see it working all that often against seasoned veterans.

EDIT: Also, where did you get the whole "he has no idea where you are at this point" thing? Has this other guy just not been paying attention the entire game?
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:51 PM #20
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Another way to look at it.

Running up has a good possibility of a trade (which is a lost game in a 1 vs. 1 in most tournament formats, because you don't get hang points or a point for the match).

To me, if you're confident you're a better gunfighter, then take it as easy and as slow as possible and let him make the mistake.

If you think he may be better than you then it's time for something crazy or a bold move that will surprise him.

But straight up bunkering? That's way too high of a chance of a loss or a trade (also a loss). Remember you are now the only two guns shooting, so it's easier for him to hear where you're coming from.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:11 PM #21
Need A Name!

Need A Name! helped look for balloons
it would make sense to grab the flag if it is close to you and you can do it without getting shot right?

Gearbag Sale!!!
Need A Name! is offline   Reply With Quote