PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:10 AM #1
viks

Supplement Discussion Thread. V. Other one is closed

First of all, there is only one rule to this thread. STEROIDS WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED. The intentions of this thread is to discuss the usage of supplements in your current diet and/or routine. An FAQ in supplementation is not needed and should not be posted for the simple reason of generalization. It's rare that you will actually "need" to use a supplement. However, it is perfectly acceptable to use them, but we, myself especially, would like to ensure the proper use of a given supplement.

I have been doing this for years, and I dabble in the extreme side of "supplementation" nearing the brink of stupidity. I have no problem answering questions that I am able to answer. However, be forewarned if my answer, along with anyone else answer is not what you want to hear, do not get angry nor proclaim to be correct when proven wrong.

This is a general discussion. Have at it.

If you are inquiring about a certain supplement, it would be greatly helpful if you could copy and paste the following with answers to provide us with some information about yourself to further help you.

Primary Goal:
Secondary Goal:
Weight:
Gender (yes, we need to know):
How long have you been working out:
Routine (We need your current, full routine in a day by day format):
Supplement in question:

The other one is closed, and well I feel it's a good thread.
Sorry if there's another one open, I did not notice it.
I'll let viking take it over from here.
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 AM #2
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Well this only took like...a year
Old 03-08-2010, 08:37 AM #3
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
establishing myself in history right here
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 AM #4
NeXt DeGree
noXPLODE.

4rd

Anyone use vitamin d here?
Just read a study about it and about 59% of people lack it.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 AM #5
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Umm hai guys, I like to work out sometimes even though my routine is ****, and I like to eat but my diet is ****. What supplements will make me more muscular and cut? A few of my friends have recommended me creatine and why protein products but I lack reading comprehension skills so instead of researching it myself I would rather you guys spoon feed me some cliffs notes on it

Just preparing you guys for what this thread will amount too again. And yes I takes my vitamin D. There have been so many quality studies done on its effect on skeletal muscle but its not an "exciting" supplement so no one really cares enough to spend the $10 on it
Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 AM #6
NeXt DeGree
noXPLODE.

How much are you taking?

Arent you supposed to dose it more towards how much sunlight you get?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 AM #7
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't take any D, but I take a multi. I'd also like to think that I get a good bit of sun, but not so much in the winter.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:11 AM #8
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

robbie_vlad is playing at Living Legends III
I'm taking Animal Pak and it has 170% of the DV of vitamin D.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM #9
Turb0 Negr0
golfwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXt DeGree View Post
How much are you taking?

Arent you supposed to dose it more towards how much sunlight you get?
I take 2,000 I.U.s once a day and drink a **** ton of milk. But yeah it is dependent on how much sunlight you get, your skin tone, and body fat levels. The suggested daily value is ridiculously low and even the FDA admits it, so even if you're getting 100% its not going to do much. As far as I know there is no toxicity issues with an excess of it; I have seen recommendations ranging from 1,000-5,000 I.U.s
Old 03-08-2010, 11:46 AM #10
bluedevil_07
drolin'

What are your favorite pre-workout supps? I've been trying different NOs, more for energy than all the other bull****. Has anyone tried one that stands out more than
others? I've tried superpump250 and jack3d so far.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:51 PM #11
911photography
License and Registration

911photography owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
911photography owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
911photography supports Team VICIOUS
911photography supports Team VICIOUS
911photography posts videos on PbNation
911photography has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Anybody ever try or know anything about lipovox? I'm trying to lose around 20 pounds and have mild acne, I figured maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:18 PM #12
Yabbeth of Habbs
Im into Distribution

hi guyz, i just want abz, not bouybulidng grossss muscle.... what pro hormones should i take for abz and armz?

Ya'll musta forgot
Old 03-08-2010, 05:47 PM #13
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911photography View Post
Anybody ever try or know anything about lipovox? I'm trying to lose around 20 pounds and have mild acne, I figured maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabbeth of Habbs View Post
hi guyz, i just want abz, not bouybulidng grossss muscle.... what pro hormones should i take for abz and armz?
take lipovox dude
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 PM #14
Yabbeth of Habbs
Im into Distribution

I dont wanna do that PCT ****, its for pussies, Lipovox sounds tooooo gnarly man.. I need something that ends with TECH or CORE

Ya'll musta forgot
Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM #15
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXt DeGree View Post
4rd

Anyone use vitamin d here?
Just read a study about it and about 59% of people lack it.
I usually take 1-2k I.U's a day. I've used it ever since that tnation article about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabbeth of Habbs View Post
I dont wanna do that PCT ****, its for pussies, Lipovox sounds tooooo gnarly man.. I need something that ends with TECH or CORE
How about both.

Honestly, can we get this on the first page of this thread? This is important ****.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 PM #16
LostFaction15
///Madeon

subbeeedd

King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me

Old 03-08-2010, 07:20 PM #17
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
I usually take 1-2k I.U's a day. I've used it ever since that tnation article about it.

How about both.

Honestly, can we get this on the first page of this thread? This is important ****.
read the ****ing rules dip****. no steroid talk

Old 03-08-2010, 08:32 PM #18
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Primary Goal: Get 175lb three times on bench
Secondary Goal: Drop 20lbs or just max 175lb
Height:6'1
Weight:260
Gender (yes, we need to know): M
How long have you been working out: 5 or 6 weeks
Routine (We need your current, full routine in a day by day format): Not exactly sure, im in a weightlifting class so we do different things everyday.
Supplement in question: Yeh i was wondering if I really needed to take any supplements because i dont work out heavily(roughly 1hr 15 min a day) and im not looking to get super ripped. Just trying to lose a few pounds, and get my weights up before i try out for football for the first time.
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 PM #19
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
I saw at work we have a pretty good deal on D. $15 for 180 capsules of 2000 i.u.s. Might have to try it out soon.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:48 PM #20
paintballa044

paintballa044 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballa044 is for the Gunfight
paintballa044 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Trying to drop 15 lbs to get down to 180/175 any naturual supplements suggestions. I'm on about a 1500 calorie a day diet and i work out 6 days a week

Custom Laser Vanguard Creed FST
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3372776

Northeastern University Huskies Paintball #23
Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 PM #21
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

anyone ever try taking soy protein? opinions on taste/texture? I think i'm going to buy some over spring break this next week from GNC or vitamin shoppe. anyone know which one is generally cheaper?

(whey protein ****s with my sinuses real bad. I get really bad headaches while working out from it)

Closed Thread