Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2013, 12:35 AM #1
zkid09

evlution help

new guy and first time poster.. have searched around here a little bit picking up some paintball info because i wanted to start playing, but never had the cash. well i just so happen got my hands on a older spyder in immaculate condition for free and was pretty stoked about it. not the best gun, but hey, itll get me going!
so the gun came pretty bare. no hopper, tank, feedneck, etc.
i ran across what seemed like a good deal on a evlution 2 for 20 bucks. the guy showed me everything worked and what not and the lid was broken on one side which i didnt think too much of so i bought it.

being in a hurry, i never looked over the loader good. the shell is cracked up pretty bad around all the screw holes.
i got home and started looking for a new shell and lid butttt thats a no go. i can find the right half of the shell for the loader, but thats about all i can find.

i shouldve done my homework before hand but i got a little trigger happy i guess.

so my question is, will the board and everything swap to another shell or anything? orrr am i just up the creek and out 20 bucks? lol

thanks in advance guys
zkid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:43 AM #2
Justin.

Annual Supporting Member
Justin. supports Empire
Justin. is All In
Justin. is All In
try ebay. they usally have replacment shells for 5-10 a side.
Justin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:56 PM #3
Marcus759
Tippmann Crossover

Yes The board and everything should swap over to a new shell with no problems.

I have an old evolution 2 myself that I got for free, the lid was broken also. What I did was I actually super glued metal washers to the "rings" on the lid that broke off, then I glued some plastic that matched the shape of the metal washers to the back of the metal washers, tightened up the screws a bit and lids fixed. The battery door also broke off so I just ducktape it on with black ducktape.. Its pretty ghetto, but Hey it's a free hopper lol.

I would deffinatly reccomend finding a new shell.. they shouldn't be too hard to find on ebay or pbnation, then look for a new lid, which will be harder to come by since these broke ALL the time.. if you can't find a one I'd say get creative and try to fix the lid yourself.

But honestly these eggys were never built to last. The lids, battery doors and shells are notorious for breaking, and the quality of the plastic is pretty weak(mine has a million cracks in it lol). I'd say try to get the most out of the hopper whether it lasts you 2 times out on the field or 30, But keep in mind there are plenty of new hoppers out there that feed fast but don't neccessarily break the bank, like a Halo too, Spyder fasta, or a Valken Vmax. These hoppers are all under 100$, and will deffinalty get the job done for any mid-level gun.

I'm upgrading from my eggy to an Empire Scion..

Hope this helps!
PZ!
Marcus759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:11 AM #4
chanceb23
Proud Ion Owner

chanceb23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chanceb23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chanceb23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ebay is selling egg 2 shells for .99. Also you could if desperate put an egg 3 shell on it.

Smart Parts Ion
DP G4
chanceb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 AM #5
gilzow

Kind of in the same boat as you: evlution loader with a broken lid. I couldn't find any replacement lids, but i did find this: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post46573131. Use an old plastic thin notebook for the material to make a speedloader like the one featured in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2XdSO_d7I. That at least gets you taken care of on the lid for very little money.

@chanceb23, can you post a link to those $0.99 shells? I'm not seeing those anywhere on ebay.
gilzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 AM #6
chanceb23
Proud Ion Owner

chanceb23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chanceb23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chanceb23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilzow View Post
Kind of in the same boat as you: evlution loader with a broken lid. I couldn't find any replacement lids, but i did find this: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post46573131. Use an old plastic thin notebook for the material to make a speedloader like the one featured in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2XdSO_d7I. That at least gets you taken care of on the lid for very little money.

@chanceb23, can you post a link to those $0.99 shells? I'm not seeing those anywhere on ebay.
the shells in my watchlist was bid on they are now $5
It would be cheaper for both of you to just get a whole new egg. You can get them here for under $30.

Smart Parts Ion
DP G4
chanceb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:48 PM #7
gilzow

"Fixing" the lid didn't cost me anything except paper+printer ink to print out the stencil. As for getting a whole new egg, I'd rather take $30 and put it toward an Invert Too or a Vmax.
gilzow is offline   Reply With Quote