PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:08 PM #1
scpaintballer01 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
I Love My 98 C! But.......

I love my 98 custom but in every tournament i play n everybody diss me cause i got a 98c AND IT REALLY F*CKS ME UP CAUSE I RULE WITH IT AND THEY STILL DISS ME! What is wrong with that!? Please tell me why this is so bad?!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2003, 08:00 PM #2
Natural Newbie
Model98.net

Natural Newbie is a Supporting Member
They are jelous of your skills, and are saddened they got shot out with a 98. Don't worry I get it all the time, you get used to it
Old 10-16-2003, 08:55 PM #3
cryogenic76

Next time someone decides to diss your gun, simply ask them why such a terrible gun managed to eliminate them last game.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:29 PM #4
Ostoes

My whole team including myself uses 98's and we own alot of people with them. Sometimes people underestimate other teams just because of there guns. teams have done it to us many times but 95% of the time we make the pay for it. Alot of teams don't shoot the best guns on the market like Tippmann Effect and Bad Company. But they still go out there time after time and win tourneys and continue to laugh everyone in the face who ever doubted or underestimated them. So it doesnt matter about your gun just work on you skills and just use one of my favorite sayings "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Old 10-16-2003, 09:45 PM #5
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I love my 98. I have a cocker that I've put probably close to $1000 into, and I still shoot my 98 probably close to half the time. In walk on games, a lot of people fear my cocker, and talk about it being like a "machine gun," even though I can shoot the 98 just as fast.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-17-2003, 12:28 AM #6
scpaintballer01 (Banned)

Thats what i thought. God people piss me off somtimes. I was also reading a post in here about "Making the Team" and somone said: "Ok, to make the team you need to get rid of the Noobish 98 C or what ever" GOD I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!! O well. Thnx for the thoughts
Old 10-17-2003, 12:52 AM #7
robertjuric
headbusta

Your a pastor and saying that?? hmm sometimes I wonder about you "christians", but thats another thread.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:42 AM #8
Legalize It
'Hyphy'

Legalize It is a Supporting Member
haha nice robert.....i love my a5 ....and i love tippmanns....great markers but i have to abonden it due to money and me getting into tourney play....yes i could make my tippmann all great for tourneys....but i like my defiant better its shorter and the damn hopper doenst get hit! hahaha

Feedback

Back in the Bay... Where i belong...
Still flossin this Gold 2k3 Viking....

Gave up ballin for riding rixed....
Old 10-17-2003, 08:31 AM #9
scpaintballer01 (Banned)

OK, for every one to hear this: I did not say the quote. Thats my dads quote that he accidently said in a sermon of his one time and it cracked everyone up!! Of course he ment to say: I am a Pastor that is a paintballer but it came out the wrong way. Ok, glad thats done.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:23 PM #10
Die Hard31
Crazy Front Man

I love my 98C. I take out guys w/ cockers and intemidators all the time. IT is funny. I am saving my money up for a tippman jersey so that I can tick people off even more. hehehehehe. I do love my 98, but I am going to try and get a Shocker for speedball. I am going to do this because it is a really good speedball gun, extreamly fast, very accurate, extreamly lightweight and extreamly small. The small and weighing one pound are good for me because I am usually a mid-front player. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my 98 and if I could only have one gun in the world I would keep the 98, but I need a shocker. However I would still wear that Tippman Jersey that I was talking about earlier with the Shocker. Also, I will not use any ohter gun than my 98 in the woods because it is a beast. It the most accurate gun on the field most of the time. I just need a Shocker because my Tippman is one big gun w/ my stock and 14" barrel. It is very big, but accurate. What I need for playing front buncker is a small compact gun. That is why I want to get a Shocker. I will always use my 98C though. Also, does anyone know where I can pick up a sling for my 98 that will not flush me of all of my money? I have seen some, but I don't want to spend 30 bucks on a sling.

Hostile Intention

I'm in my Happy Place
Old 10-17-2003, 10:53 PM #11
robertjuric
headbusta

I hope your not talking old school shocker. If your looking for extreamly lightweight and small then your checkin out the wrong marker. Those guns are huge and feel like a brick.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:12 PM #12
Legalize It
'Hyphy'

Legalize It is a Supporting Member
uhhhh DONT get a shocker...... just because it helps SMART PARTS and becuase they arent all that..theyre having problems with their vertical regs ..... and b2k3 are better haahah

Feedback

Back in the Bay... Where i belong...
Still flossin this Gold 2k3 Viking....

Gave up ballin for riding rixed....
Old 10-19-2003, 10:58 AM #13
toby92vr4
Banned

Get a Phantom or an old Sheridan or a Sniper II -
people will bash the **** out of your marker, thinking oh all pumps are pieces of ****.
When i say I paid almost 350 for my marker and accessories, they laugh some more and call me a noob.
(This was back with my friends Sniper II)
When I gog them, thats the only time they will stop laughing.

Last edited by Parasite : 10-19-2003 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:42 PM #14
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
"Follow Gear: As bad as it sounds a good way to tell how invovled a team is is by looking at their gear. A team in camo's with tippmans is prolly a team that does it for fun, which is perfectly okay if that is what your looking for, but won't be if your looking for a fast ride up in the world. Then again some teams have custom jerseys and $2,000+ guns, which is kinda out of the league of your Spyder Flash. So find a team that is about the same leel as you, one that wants to go the same places as you and you can grow with.
"
-PSUGHOST

Oh yeah, tippmann effect don't use tippmann pnuematics, just tippmann shells.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:51 PM #15
Natural Newbie
Model98.net

Quote:

Oh yeah, tippmann effect don't use tippmann pnuematics, just tippmann shells.
Where do you get that from?
Old 10-19-2003, 04:19 PM #16
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Common knowledge, ask around.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:33 PM #17
Natural Newbie
Model98.net

Do you consider common knowlege knowing them, and practicing with them once or twice a month?

Get your facts strait before you start spreading rumors.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:22 PM #18
scpaintballer01 (Banned)

Yo MV i heard that same exact thing before in a Mag. Ummm. isint that called Copy Wright or what ever? If you going to put somthing up here put it in your own words.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:39 PM #19
Die Hard31
Crazy Front Man

I would be getting the 2003 Shocker. Also, DO NOT bash the smartparts guns or barrels. They are awesome and you know that. It is just that no one likes how the company is being run. Do not dislike this company's products, just disapprove of the way that they are doing business. That is what I do.

Also, MVPaintballer, I am hardcore in paintball and go all the time. However, I have a Tippman and just the good old marine green fatigues. I do plan on purchasing a Tippman Jersey, but I figure that the gun and paint are just a little more important to what jersey you are wearing or what company's name is on your shirt. So I poor all of my money into the paint, entry fees, and gun. In fact I plan on getting two guns in the next year. A Shocker and a Tippman SL 68 II for pump play. Most players who use tippmans and just wear the good ole greens get nagged at and harrased all of the time. However, I have gained the respect of many at my field over a couple of months. I am the local "pro" at my woods ball field and the local "tippman pro" at my speed ball field. Oh yea, and when I get my shocker, I will still where my marine green fatigues. Semper Fi

Hostile Intention

I'm in my Happy Place
Old 10-20-2003, 10:50 PM #20
PPro
Detroit What

Everything inside a Tippmann Effect gun is made by Tippmann, where did this "common knowledge" come from?
Old 10-20-2003, 10:52 PM #21
Natural Newbie
Model98.net

I'm still wondering that too...