Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2010, 09:11 PM #22
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoChutney View Post
It can.....
Please provide proof. As in a chronograph reading and this 1000 fps guns list of parts that allow it to shoot so fast.

Before you ask me to prove it can't well take a look around....I'm not seeing 1000fps airsoft guns floating around or anyone with evidence of such.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2010, 01:49 AM #23
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm41 View Post
Please provide proof. As in a chronograph reading and this 1000 fps guns list of parts that allow it to shoot so fast.

Before you ask me to prove it can't well take a look around....I'm not seeing 1000fps airsoft guns floating around or anyone with evidence of such.
Saying "prove it can't" would be the dumbest counter argument ever. I've personally shot guns that shot 750fps with a heavy as hell BB, and the same people who built that gun with ease have confirmed that 1k fps is feasible in Airsoft.

I'm either going to physically build a gun that can do it or at the least show proof via physics that will show you. Just because you work at an Airsoft store doesn't make you a supreme being on any and all topics related.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:28 AM #24
zimm41
A.F.F.A

well proving that an airsoft gun that shoots 1000 fps would well ummm prove that one is real. the simple fact is that a spring would need to be made to shoot that fast. a gear set that is of the highest quality temperd metals, a motor that can pull that large of a spring. the physics taking place inside the gearbox would be insane.

for the record, im just a supreme being. fact of the matter is there is no spring or gear set made too shoot that high of an FPS.

but as they say "show me the money" and we can put this to rest.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 PM #25
cini gragus

why play airsoft when you could paly paintball
cini gragus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM #26
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cini gragus View Post
2 different sports.
Airsoft is very milsim
paintball is very compettion/tourny based.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:15 AM #27
Petis_spyderman
Soberity Kills Me.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cini gragus View Post
I don't want to spend 60+ bucks on 2000 shots. Hell, even if you getting a case of paint for 40, that's still 2000 shots. I can buy 3000 bb's for 10 bucks. I bet cheaper if I bought them in extreme bulk.

Quote:
well proving that an airsoft gun that shoots 1000 fps would well ummm prove that one is real. the simple fact is that a spring would need to be made to shoot that fast. a gear set that is of the highest quality temperd metals, a motor that can pull that large of a spring. the physics taking place inside the gearbox would be insane.

for the record, im just a supreme being. fact of the matter is there is no spring or gear set made too shoot that high of an FPS.

but as they say "show me the money" and we can put this to rest.
Stop thinking AEG. I'm pretty sure some of the "high end" single shot gas powered DMR's could achieve 1000+ fps, maybe with a little bit more money invested. I mean, pack a shell full of compressed gas at a higher PSI then normal, louder pop, faster round right?

Last edited by Petis_spyderman : 04-07-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Petis_spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:18 AM #28
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petis_spyderman View Post
I don't want to spend 60+ bucks on 2000 shots. Hell, even if you getting a case of paint for 40, that's still 2000 shots. I can buy 3000 bb's for 10 bucks. I bet cheaper if I bought them in extreme bulk.

Stop thinking AEG. I'm pretty sure some of the "high end" single shot gas powered DMR's could achieve 1000+ fps, maybe with a little bit more money invested. I mean, pack a shell full of compressed gas at a higher PSI then normal, louder pop, faster round right?
no the valves are designed to only let a certain amount of pressure through, the mags release uncapped pressure just like a C02 tank that is broken down by the valves. much like a reg on a paintball gun. there is a valve called the negative flow valve that you can install on a WE-tech scar that will vary the velocity from cqb to outdoor battles just like a paintball gun. im just sitting waiting to see any type of airsoft gun shoot 1000fps.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 PM #29
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
no the valves are designed to only let a certain amount of pressure through, the mags release uncapped pressure just like a C02 tank that is broken down by the valves. much like a reg on a paintball gun. there is a valve called the negative flow valve that you can install on a WE-tech scar that will vary the velocity from cqb to outdoor battles just like a paintball gun. im just sitting waiting to see any type of airsoft gun shoot 1000fps.
Of course no company is going to mass produce a 1k fps Airsoft gun, that's just not even safe. On the other hand, a gun can be made to shoot 1k.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:16 PM #30
bellicose

bellicose has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If this bb gun can do 1250, why can't they make an airsoft gun do the same? There are some countries that outlaw bb guns because they have been used for assasinations. It would be unsafe to make an airsoft gun shoot that hot, but not unrealistic.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 AM #31
CriticalCO2

Quote:
You have no idea how gas powered airsoft guns work. The cost to modify any given non automatic gas powered gun to shoot over 1000 FPS is very low in most cases. The reason you don't see any 1000 FPS guns is because

A. No one would use them
B. The gasses required to easily reach this velocity are strictly regulated in companies such as Japan
D. Velocities that high are illegal in many countries. In fact, the potential for a gun to shoot at that velocity can be illegal. This is why you have companies such as TM making critical parts out of plastic, despite the fact that they are a relatively high end company.
E. No one would use them.

Take any generic NBB, preferably one with an internal gas chamber. Tap said gas chamber for an airline. Hook said airline to a regulator. Hook said regulator to a CO2 tank. Regulate pressure as you see fit. Depending on the design of the gun, the air tank appropriately.

Drilling out the valve for flow will usually drastically increase velocity as well.

You are arguing out of pure inconceivability. Please explain why a break barreled SPRING POWERED pellet gun can shoot over 1150 FPS with a .22 pellet, while a replica airsoft gun working under the same principle cannot.
CriticalCO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 PM #32
nsh808

About a 1000fps gun,
One of our players in Hawaii has a g-spec shooting at a 1000fps with a 6mm bb.the gun has a custom made bolt that uses a 12 gram cartage
nsh808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:22 AM #33
Xtreem-Animal!!!

Quote:
I personally don't own a gun that shoots 1,000fps, but I have seen it. A friend of mine has an SPR that shoots ~700fps, I'll get a video or pictures of it being chronographed next time I see him.
...so is it 700 or 1000? lets try to keep our stories straight
Xtreem-Animal!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM #34
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreem-Animal!!! View Post
...so is it 700 or 1000? lets try to keep our stories straight
AEG's top out around 700fps, but a gas gun can and has shot 1,000fps.

This was my reply thread to Zimm acting like an idiot and talking out of his ***. Video proof of an Airsoft gun shooting 1k is in the link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3366612

Edit: The video was deleted by the owner, I'm going to find it again though.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM #35
Petis_spyderman
Soberity Kills Me.

Quote:

Edit: The video was deleted by the owner, I'm going to find it again though.
that video was priceless.

Shooting the distance of more then a football field, like a boss.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 AM #36
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petis_spyderman View Post
that video was priceless.

Shooting the distance of more then a football field, like a boss.
I messaged the guy on YouTube back then, he never got back to me. I remember that **** was shooting 945fps with .2's when the mag was leaking. **** was beast.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 PM #37
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Meh, turn a paintball gun up to max ignoring all field rules and you'll get getting some pretty decent ranges. A pb at 450 fps (seen it done) will get some serious distance because of its weight.

A better question is: in average airsoft play conditions with average guns, using average weight pellets and shooting at average velocity (say, 500fps), which has more accuracy and range? I'd say it depends on wind conditions for the most part but otherwise equal. Strictly speaking the odds of the opponent feeling it enough to count it as a hit also have to be taken into account.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:10 PM #38
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Meh, turn a paintball gun up to max ignoring all field rules and you'll get getting some pretty decent ranges. A pb at 450 fps (seen it done) will get some serious distance because of its weight.

A better question is: in average airsoft play conditions with average guns, using average weight pellets and shooting at average velocity (say, 500fps), which has more accuracy and range? I'd say it depends on wind conditions for the most part but otherwise equal. Strictly speaking the odds of the opponent feeling it enough to count it as a hit also have to be taken into account.
Average in Airsoft is a lot less than 500. I'd say 400fps with .2g bb's is more like it. Most guns out of the box are shooting between 350fps and 400fps, maybe a little higher.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 AM #39
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
After playing both paintball and airsoft for over a combined 9 years, id definitely have to say a high end airsoft gun has much much MUCH higher accuracy then any paintball gun iv ever shot. range is questionable depending on what gun. i had a TM type 89 shooting about 285 fps that could reach about 200 ft or more with .2g's in ideal conditions and a precise hop up adjustment. never had it up much higher fps then that, but overall i still give airsoft a higher rating on the accuracy/range scale.

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 PM #40
wangatang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
After playing both paintball and airsoft for over a combined 9 years, id definitely have to say a high end airsoft gun has much much MUCH higher accuracy then any paintball gun iv ever shot. range is questionable depending on what gun. i had a TM type 89 shooting about 285 fps that could reach about 200 ft or more with .2g's in ideal conditions and a precise hop up adjustment. never had it up much higher fps then that, but overall i still give airsoft a higher rating on the accuracy/range scale.
Yeah people, stop focusing on the fps factor.
In all reality, fps could mean less between 300 and 450-550 fps. Now between 300 and 600 there is a greatly noticeable distance.
Another thing about bb guns shooting 1k fps.
It is not as hard to get a smaller, denser projectile going farther and faster due to less resistance and simple pump/cocking motion instead of an automatic.
Also, Walmart is one of the biggest scammers in fps. The guns they claim have 400 fps have false information. They measure with .12s instead of the standard .20. Majority lack hop-ups as well so 0 range.
wangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM #41
bnctaj

Wal*Mart isn't the manufacturer, and I'm fairly certain that everyone knows to go for a specialty store for anything about any sort of recreational activity or hobby by now with the exception maybe being buying actual bullets.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 PM #42
Petis_spyderman
Soberity Kills Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
Wal*Mart isn't the manufacturer, and I'm fairly certain that everyone knows to go for a specialty store for anything about any sort of recreational activity or hobby by now with the exception maybe being buying actual bullets.
I've never seen high quality bb's at walmart. I'm pretty sure they only stock .12G bb's anyways...