PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-03-2010, 12:06 AM #1
B@TMAN
"I'm BATMAN!"

Not scammed, but an odd sitaution...

Hey Nation-

On 02-23-2010 I had bought the Autococker Lot and c4 pants from speedy2k4, for $35 paypal. On his thread here:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3327521

Two days later, on 02-24-2010, he sends me a pm saying he will send the package tomorrow. And in the pm he indicates the type of mail carrier and the tracking number.

Three days later, on 02-27-2010, I receive the package. As I pick up the package, the first thing I automatically noticed was the weight...literally it felt like an an empty box. I shook it and only heard packaging peanuts inside. I had pm'd him indicating that I did in fact get the package, but it felt empty. I didn't want to open it because I was going to take it to the local usps store and ask questions about it. I totally forgot it was the weekend and the usps isn't open on weekends so I had to wait till Monday to go and ask about it.

Monday comes around and I get to usps, I explain my sitatuion to the postal worker aand the postal worker tells me that it's a 'click and ship', where they don't deal with that specific type of mail because speedy2k4 had done all of the weighing and label making through the computer and not at a usps store. So I am pointed to the supervisor in charge. He asks what's the problem and I tell him my situation. He takes a very detailed look at the box and he told me that there was no evidence that anyone tampered with the package and that all signs pointed at there was nothing in the box to begin with.

He then physically holds the box and looked at it again and noticed the "click and ship" label, and saw how much the box initially weighed. He pointed out the '5lbs 8ozs' on the label, with him still holding the box he said, "this is just a box, with little or nothing inside". He then proceeded to weigh the box, the end result was 10.2 oz, no where near the indicated weight of the box. He then said that it was a good thing that I didn't open it without a witness, like himself, to say that there was nothing in the package. Or if I had anything to do with tampering with it. So I had opened up the package in front of the supervisor where he also looked in and just saw just a box with packaging peanuts. He took another detailed look at the box to see where the package could have been ripped open or any signs of the box being opened then shut back up but nothing. His conclusion was 'maybe she packaged too fast and forgot to put anything inside", in other words an empty box.

I've taken pictures of the box pre and post opening. And also screenshots of the pms from speedy2k4 and myself since I've paid for the items. I would like to say that speedy2k4 has been more than helpful with keeping communication with me. I'm in quite a boggle here though, and I don't really know where I stand. Have I just paid $35 for an empty box with packaging peanuts inside of it? -Dan

OLD FEEDBACK
NEW FEEDBACK

Originally Posted by BMcC13:
Better than the usual "adfjgh give me money dood" then "hellllllll no man I ain't no scama nahnahnofosho".
B@TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 AM #2
BigAlPoulos
The Evil Bovine

Annual Supporting Member
BigAlPoulos is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
BigAlPoulos donated to help Peyton Trent
BigAlPoulos is playing at Living Legends VII
BigAlPoulos is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BigAlPoulos is attending Decay of Nations VII
It sounds like you have been scammed. PM him and open a dispute with paypal for the funds.. Let paypal know the situation with your USPS store.. a phone number/name address of the store would help them with their investigation. As it stands sounds like he shipped the empty box with tracking to satisfy Paypal's request for a tracking number when you will open the case.

Al
NJ/CT/MA/NY Players: Tryouts coming soon! PM for information!!

Revered Al Costos Poulos
BigAlPoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 AM #3
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Have you tried talking to speedy about the issue?

If so and he ignores it, open a claim(assuming you used paypal). That should help get his attention .

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:27 AM #4
BigAlPoulos
The Evil Bovine

Annual Supporting Member
First open up the dispute. You can always close it later.

Al

Revered Al Costos Poulos
Old 03-03-2010, 12:53 AM #5
B@TMAN
"I'm BATMAN!"

Dispute is opened

OLD FEEDBACK
NEW FEEDBACK

Better than the usual "adfjgh give me money dood" then "hellllllll no man I ain't no scama nahnahnofosho".
Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 AM #6
tvo18

Remember that once a dispute is open you can close it anytime. But after closing a dispute you will not be able to open it up again. So for other reason than you getting what you paid for or receiving a refund should you close the dispute. Just a little reminder, and heads up. Good Luck.
tvo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:49 AM #7
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin

BMcC13 helped look for balloons
BMcC13 is playing at Living Legends III
BMcC13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BMcC13 supports Team VICIOUS
It sounds like he tried to scam you but you caught him. Good job.

Just follow through with the dispute. Be sure to leave appropriate feedback.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 AM #8
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Sounds like a variation of the "ship an empty envelope" scam.

I've PM'd him for his response.
railz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 AM #9
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
I'm not sure what I can say other than there were autococker parts and C4 pants in the box when it left my house. I've shipped hundreds of things through eBay and dealt with several markers on here and PBReview back in 2006. I never had a problem before and surely never scammed anyone out of a $1000 marker paid for with a money order and no paper trail, I think it's a little rediculous for me to scam someone out of a $35 lot, paid for through paypal, shipped priority mail at my expense. Not to mention I have sold several other items from the same thread and they have arrived as promised. Although once I have sold everything off in my current thread I expect it will be the last time I will trade on PBNation.

If any of the moderators need me to provide them with shipping or paypal information I can, as I provided it to B@TMAN. I can also provide links to my PBReview and eBay accounts if desired.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 PM #10
tvo18

Sorry sir but you made a deal and a deal is a deal. He paid for items expecting to get $35 worth, while all he got was a box and peanuts... You are responsible to get the man whatever you guys agreed upon, or give him a refund.

Also what does providing shipping or paypal information have to do with an item missing from a box that was shipped? It proves you have shipped the box but nothing came upon arrival.
tvo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:50 PM #11
speedy2k4
BSH University

I did not make up a weight for a package, ship it by priority mail and scam someone out of parts that I have been trying to get rid of all just to make $25.

What I have done is ship a box that I KNOW had parts in it, since I marked the outside of the box after doing so and B@TMAN confirmed the marking. I have responded to every message B@TMAN has sent me and provided all the information he has requested.

A deal is a deal, and I shipped my end of the deal. I had to decline several other people's offers on the autococker parts because of it. I don't think it's right that I lose the autococker parts and pants that I sent and lose the $35 that I was paid. I'm sorry if I sound defensive, but several people in this thread who don't know any details about the trade accusing me of a scam will make me that way. After hundreds of online trades I've been scammed as many times as the seller as I have as a buyer by people who recieve an item and lie that it was damaged or missing. I would hope that isn't the situation here, and I don't know what happened to the contents of the package. What I do know is that they were in the box when it left my house and that B@TMAN has confirmed that the box arrived undamaged.

Again, if any moderator would like me to provide specific information I will.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:53 PM #12
BigAlPoulos
The Evil Bovine

Annual Supporting Member
You will not have any problems if he can not provide any info about his trip to the USPS store

Revered Al Costos Poulos
Old 03-03-2010, 01:26 PM #13
speedy2k4
BSH University

I'll try to check in with the post office here later today. I weighed it and printed the label myself, but I'm pretty sure USPS weighs it at the office before it goes out to confirm that the click and ship postage is correct. I don't know if they record it but I'll find out.

I will challenge the paypal refund, although from what I know they favor the buyer if nobody can prove anything. Which is frustrating enough. But I really dont want to lose the contents of the package, lose $35, and get negative feedback on top of it when I did nothing wrong.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:35 PM #14
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
OP just submit your evidence to paypal and have them handle the situation since he is obviously full of ****

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM #15
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin

^ I wouldn't go that far...

speedy did you insure the package?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:21 PM #16
speedy2k4
BSH University

It wasn't insured, unfortunately. I've always insured markers when I sent them or other things upon request, but I didnt think hard parts and pants would get damaged in shipping and certainly didn't expect him to recieve an empty box, this is new experience for me.

I did make it to the post office and spoke with one of the cashiers, but he said that they wouldn't have any record of weighing it. He also said that they do have a claim form I can fill out, but it would be done through B@TMAN's post office and they would need to see the package, which B@TMAN says he has already showed them. And in any case he said I was probably out of luck if it wasn't insured.

I have escalated the PayPal dispute to a claim and submitted the information that I have. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they decide.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 PM #17
rabite
swagger at 100%

You kids are seriously retarded, and love to jump to conclusions. You try to jam up Speedy for "not having evidence", see:

Quote:
OP just submit your evidence to paypal and have them handle the situation since he is obviously full of ****
What I am wondering is, where is this kids proof? I don't see any. What do pictures of pre and post opening prove? Unless it's a video of the whole opening, guess what - it proves absolutely nothing. If you think Speedy is shifty, let me turn this around and say that I think this kid is shifty. Who is to say he didn't take a picture, open the box, remove the items, and take another picture? Why are you giving the OP the benefit of the doubt with no proof? For all you know, the story about the supervisor could be made up.

feedback
rabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:11 PM #18
Patrick0294
The Polish Ninja

Patrick0294 is playing at Living Legends III
Patrick0294 supports Team VICIOUS
Patrick0294 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfishh View Post
Think before you type?
Patrick0294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 PM #19
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin

Hey guys the place for *****ing at each other about bull**** isn't here. Nobody has proven anything yet. That's why I'm not taking a side, and nobody else should be either.

Speedy, unfortunetly if the package wasn't insured and B@atman is able to prove somehow that there was nothing in there you will be out of luck.

This is a bizzare case though...
Old 03-03-2010, 08:52 PM #20
s2master

OP if this did infact happen you need to post your proof. And for everyone jumping to conclusions you really cant. theres been no proof posted. And above this is a bizzare case... Hope everything works out
Old 03-03-2010, 10:55 PM #21
B@TMAN
"I'm BATMAN!"

What would you like to know about the usps store visit? I went there on monday the first, just after work (after 4pm). I had talked to one of the workers there which I was then pointed to Mike F. the supervisor in charge at the usps located in southampton, pa during my visit. He physically held the box and weighed the box. He then told me to open the box, and which I did in front of him. The only proof of there having nothing in the box is the first hand witness of mike f. the supervisor at USPS. Unfortunately I did not take video of me actually opening the box. I would not try to lie about my visit to the usps store and even tell you the name of the supervisor who works there...

EDIT: I got this from paypal claim stating "We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality" I don't know why it says 'merchandise quality" for I was disputing that I didn't receive the items, how could quality be given if there is nothing to base it off of.

OLD FEEDBACK
NEW FEEDBACK

Last edited by B@TMAN : 03-03-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: addition from paypal claim