Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM #1
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

interscope8 helped look for balloons
interscope8 is playing at Living Legends III
Need help finding my last piece...

I have an entire launcher done, I just need an adapter from standard pipe threading to the threads on an air tank. Help me please! Lowe's, Menards, and home depot don't carry any that fit (at least not around me).
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
interscope8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 AM #2
Lonus

Here is a link that should help. If you intend to use a co2 tank directly to standard pipe have you checked what psi your pipe and valve are rated? 800 psi for co2 or a little higher on a hot day. A cheep regulator like a torpedo can be bought used for around $20 and it will screw into a standard 1/2 nipple with lots of teflon tape. Then just connect a remote line.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/i...ducts _id=964
Old 03-03-2010, 03:11 PM #3
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

i have a cci 12 gram quick charge. You put the 12 gram into in and put the cap on the end and it charges it, the launcher i made has an expansion chamber built into it so it wont blow up on me but i cant find the adapter to screw the thing into my metal piping.
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 PM #4
LordOderus

Get an ASA off an old tippman or if you want to spend the cash, get a New ASA with an on/off. The outlet on those is 1/8 or 3/16. Get a gas line fitting that is either 1/8 or 3/16 and then build that up to whatever your inlet is on your launcher.
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 PM #5
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOderus View Post
Get an ASA off an old tippman or if you want to spend the cash, get a New ASA with an on/off. The outlet on those is 1/8 or 3/16. Get a gas line fitting that is either 1/8 or 3/16 and then build that up to whatever your inlet is on your launcher.
I already have it built on a design that works I just needed the reducer for the threads on my co2 charger and the piping. Got it now tho!!

Now I gotta make an in-line launcher I should have a few by the tine LL3 rolls around
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM #6
Lonus

http://www.houndsofhellpaintball.com/articles1.html

I found this link helpful, you might as well. Your 12 gram changer should thread into a standard pipe coupler or reducer. I think 3/4 inch. They are cut with a taper though. Mine tightens up before it gets into the taper. If yours doesn't you can always get a straight tap and run it through the fitting to remove the taper. Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:56 PM #7
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonus View Post
http://www.houndsofhellpaintball.com/articles1.html

I found this link helpful, you might as well. Your 12 gram changer should thread into a standard pipe coupler or reducer. I think 3/4 inch. They are cut with a taper though. Mine tightens up before it gets into the taper. If yours doesn't you can always get a straight tap and run it through the fitting to remove the taper. Hope this helps.
thats where i got the plans lol. but i couldnt find that reducer, we have one and it is tapered, and we cant get it tightened enough to feel comfortable putting air to it. So run a tap through it to straighten it out huh? i will see what i can manage!

Also, any ideas for an in-line rocket launcher that can take a 9 oz co2 tank? i wanted one with an asa then a reg that leads into a ball valve as the triggering system. If anyone could provide pics or links to help me that would be great!
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
Old 03-05-2010, 01:37 PM #8
Lonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by interscope8 View Post
thats where i got the plans lol. but i couldnt find that reducer, we have one and it is tapered, and we cant get it tightened enough to feel comfortable putting air to it. So run a tap through it to straighten it out huh? i will see what i can manage!

Also, any ideas for an in-line rocket launcher that can take a 9 oz co2 tank? i wanted one with an asa then a reg that leads into a ball valve as the triggering system. If anyone could provide pics or links to help me that would be great!
I have an inline/breech loading launcher I made that runs off a remote. Are you wanting the tank mounted to the launcher or are you just trying to get away from 12 grams?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:02 PM #9
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

No, I can't find the reducer to attach the 12 gram charger. So I can't even put aremote on it.
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 AM #10
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Not sure what you are asking. You want to attach standard pipe thread to an ASA thread. ASA being the same as a regulator, remote hose fitting etc?

The fitting you are looking for is a Male or Female ASA thread?

Preferred pipe fitting thread?

Remote hose fittings should work. male of female fitting. The pipe fitting is 1/8" NPT pipe. Go to standard pneumatic quick disconnects.

Ditto the hose on the END of a remote is 1/8" NPT pipe.

New or used bottomline fitting is female ASA and 1/8" NPT. Some of the after market ones allow easy attachment of a grip and stuff.

Here is a pic for my air tank plumbing through a reg. Uses an old remote hose to screw the reg into.

What is the volume of your air chamber and what psi does a standard 12 gram generate. A LOT of us have been curious about that.

If you have a given volume for a 12 gram to expand into to produce a give psi, then a little math will allow us to generate any given PSI needed by adjusting the size of the air chamber it expand into. Got the info? Do us a favor and find out for us. Probably have to put a pressure guage on it any way to be legal at most fields. Calculate or measure the volume. Fill with water and pour out into a measuring cup

Tanks a Lot.

Last edited by Boom Master : 03-06-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:04 AM #11
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

I have a 12 gram co2 charger with male ASA threads. The rocket launcher has either 1/2 or 3/4 inch female threads I can't remember. So, I just need a piece to screw into the female so I can attatch my 12 gram charger and it will be done
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
Old 03-06-2010, 09:12 AM #12
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Got it. Check your PM. I have a fudge factor I don't want every idiot kid to know about.

Anything that might allow a direct feed of 800-1500 psi from a paintball air supply directly in to plumbing fittings is not a good idea to publish. But you are doing a low pressure sub 300 psi application that galvanized plumbing is rated for.

Last edited by Boom Master : 03-06-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:17 AM #13
sgt_ostrow

try this

did you try ebay yet
sgt_ostrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 AM #14
BennyT
Oderint dum metuant

my first LAW I used a steel expansion chamber aired with 12 grams. I think the 12 grams screw into a half-inch threading. The steel nipple I used for the expansion chamber was 3/4 inch in diameter, 8'' long and threaded... screwed one end into the 3/4 ball valve and the local hardware store had steel reducers to go from 3/4 - 1/2...

it's odd that even the big stores near you aren't carrying them, i got all my parts in a single trip for maybe 30 bucks.

you're probably going to want to get away from the 12 grams. your reload time goes up exponentially when you have to change out the canister AND load another rocket. If you miss the tanks will light you up. or you'll run out of 12 grams.
And sometimes since you're letting out all the CO2 at once the cold expands the canister enough to jam it in the adapter and you won't be able to unscrew it. HPA with a remote is a good option. or those new tiny ninja 3000 tanks mounted underneath with a drop-forward. Not trying to discourage you at all from doing it, it's fun, but if you want to be an efficient tank killer then some sort of HPA setup will be in your near future since 12 gram LAW is fun, but eventually you feel like you're going up against a panzer with a finicky AT musket.
West Point MVT 08|Paras Pelaaja, Finland 08|HN Red Dawn MVP 09|West Point MVP 09| MasterBlaster & Assault Ribbon, Kilsbergsbataljen #8|Viper Extravaganza EMR 10, MOFO

SPbTV.AC Uppsala.Wizeguy

Proud and northernmost member of the 518

Last edited by BennyT : 03-06-2010 at 09:28 AM.
BennyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:39 AM #15
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Thats true. You see the reg in my ASA where your 12 gram would be. The reg auto recharges the air chamber while you are reloading a nerf. It is charged before you can reload. An easy upgrade down the road.

With that sliding breech loading mechanism and practice I can get an aimed shot off every 4-6 seconds.

An ASA thread will bind up trying to screw it into a tapered pipe fitting thread. Will trash the threads. Be VERY careful if you try it. Have a used reg for sale with trashed threads...

Last edited by Boom Master : 03-06-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:34 AM #16
interscope8
RIP Cale "Benji" Paschen

If i can just get something to take my damn asa threads this thing will work with 12 grams or an HPA tank and if i hook up a LP tank to my launcher will it still work? or will it blow up
RIP CBP #40
Purdue Boilermakers
Old 03-06-2010, 10:43 AM #17
jvtech
HazMat from Black List

Don't hookup a LP tank to it without regulator, pop valve, and a different Valve to replace the ball valve. The ball valve will let too much air out.

All fields I know that allows homemade LAW requires a Regulator and Pop Valve on non-12 gram laws.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:53 PM #18
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Galvanized steel pipe and fittings from the plumbing supply and hardware store are rated 300 psi. 800 psi for HP Compressed air and up to 1500 psi for CO2 on a warm summers day would pretty much go BOOOMMMMmmm.
Both should go through a pressure regulator way down to the 80-150 psi cannons typically use. We use standard in-line paintball regs. The one in the picture is an Autococker reg. Used $15-30. New $65. It is internally adjustable from 80-500 psi using a screwdriver.

Can't use shop air or typical pneumatic supply pressure regulators. They are not made to handle input pressures above 300 psi. Those paintball regs ARE!

Ballvalve? You won't LIKE jerking on a stiff lever with 150 psi trying to keep it from moving while trying to hold you point of aim. Depending on how FAST you jerk that ball valve open or more importantly, how CONSISTENTLY you open that ball valve, your muzzle velocity will vary considerably. Thus your point of aim and impact point for a given shot will vary a lot. It will be a short range weapon 20-30 yard engagements because of the inaccuracy. Will take PRACTICE.

Bought it yet? If not, think sprinkler valve or quick exhaust with a shop air trigger like in the pic. They open very consistently giving uniform muzzle velocities and impact points for a given point of aim and range.
Point and shoot until you engage at that 30-75 yard range. That too will take practice.

Let us know if you want to go that route. $15-50

Last edited by Boom Master : 03-06-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:09 PM #19
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

you gotta go with a regulator and pop valve as was said already.

now slapping a valve to fire will be very durable but not as consistant or accurate. your call

1.SS Panzer Korps
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote