Community Focus

Old 03-02-2010, 05:11 PM #1
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Kriss Super Sp-1

Recently I purchased an sp-1.. But before that had done a little research into it to decide if that was the way i wanted to go woodsball marker wise..

in doing so I came across a handfull of mods being done to the marker itself to change the look a bit,anything from people throwing airsoft parts on to people painting them,throwing on scopes and such and nothing really thrilled me a whole lot untill coming across the sp-1 another user on pbnation had started on..(acr project by sp1 lord )

and shortly after recieving my sp1 I started thinking.. I want to mod my marker but I want it to be mine..not the standard shrouds and such.. painting it wasnt my cup of tea either despite some of the great paint jobs ive seen..

and the other day while flipping through a gun mag a picture called out to me.. roughly the same size with stock and such already but the end result of the sp-1 will be a bit longer.. I dont want to make it identical exactly but closely based comparison..

and as you may have guessed from the tittle of the post my choice is clear..

it will be based off the Kriss Super V as far as the body design goes.
This is something that (as much as I want to be done tomarrow) hasnt really even been started much past just drawing up ideas or such.

Im told i have a connection to a plastic manufacturer who sells multiple types of plastic in block/blank form and my cost would be if not nothing next to nothing in cost.

Ill be starting witt my own sp-1 which I have already added a stock matching the stock in the pick above, my next step is ordering a spare sp1 body I can cut down to add to the front of my own sp1 (much like the above pic also)

from there I will take the plastic blanks once recievd and cut,dremmel,shape them into the form I want and add a front grip (to match with an end result of pics below)

so far aside from the stock the planning (untill I get the plastic ) has only taken form in thought and in paper,I had taken some graph papper last night and cut out a sort of pattern then tapped that together to get a rough fit and idea how it will start to take shape..

even though its not even close to ready and still only the first few steps im too excited to hold off showing what im planning.. (and I figure some members may have ideas to help )

pics of Kriss Super V

Pic of rough idea with graph paper
reg will be hidden inside of body part..

again its not even close to really taking shape.The body will be exstended enough to add a front grip and still working out other details, I will update this as the project gets underway..

this will be my first mod of any marker. I cant wait.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345

Last edited by NoX13 : 03-02-2010 at 10:28 PM.
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2010, 01:57 AM #2
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Extra Sp1 body found and purchessed from ebay.. should have it in a few days then will start to cut down ,form and fit to other body.

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 03-13-2010, 02:03 PM #3
SP1-LORD

glad I could inspire another project. If you need any help just let me know ill give you pics and hints. Im also doing an sp1 smg style marker, and im looking for someone to do a build along, because im going to market a new part set for the sp1, and you could test it for me and see how you like it. pm if your interested.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 PM #4
varnerinc

I also just got my sp1 and I am thinking of doing a mp5(mp5sd,mp5k,mp5)or a mp7 . Any nice job .
varnerinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:13 PM #5
Red_Dog

Sp did anything ever come out of this project? Because I've been thinking of turning my SP-1 into the carbine version of the Kriss Super V.

Red_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:12 AM #6
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Th gun looks beautiful.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:19 AM #7
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Im not sure when it happend or how it happend but i had been unsubbed from this thread since my last post it seems, I havent seen any replies to it and had no clue a rew more posts had been made..

But I gotta say.. WOW.. the gun pictured above is awesome and more along the lines of what I had wished to go with for my sp1 project..

since I havent been playing much and have some free time im going to try to resurrect my project..

I may have a second fully working sp1 on order so I have a spare in case this goes bad.

If anyone is still paying attention Ive been wondering what type of filler or epoxy to use to mend the extended body/front shroud to the main body..

both pieces are obviously the same plastic and id want to do this as seamlessly as possible.. I have also been considering plastic welding (services can be found in my area ) depending on cost

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-06-2012, 05:03 PM #8
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Today I screwed around with breaking my Sp1 down to start working on the KSSP1 project.

while doing so I re tried layouts with templets I cut from a piece of carboard..

so far Im liking my newer design idea a bit better then my old one ,id compare them here but the pictures have been delete it seems and lost.

Sp1 on its own, believe thats a teardrop barrel ..

I was just taking this picture for myself but the set up I was using for my sp1 before the break down.. its an extended piece from the body of another Sp1..

this is the piece I cut, I used a wooden dowl through one maglight holder into the other, then ran two screws through the holes for the screws that hold the maglight in place..

this is a shot of the templet so far..

Im not sure if Im going to take a block of plastic similar to the body of the sp1 or if im going to try to somehow use thinner sheet metal but im leaning more towards the plastic block.

The plastic block I can easily get in the same plastic and same color.
Ill be able to cut it to the same shape and will then drill a hole down through the thickness of the block for the regulater (without the grip) and have it come out the bottom of the plastic blog as its seen in the picture.

from there instead of having the minimag installed on the rail as seen in a picture above Im going to leave the mini mag mounted under the barrel.. the pressure switch cable I made will run through the extended part of the body into the plastic that the white templet represents ..

once the plastic block is made Ill make a rubber hand grip on the front section of it that wraps around the sides a little so it can be used as a forward grip itself...

where you see the rails under the front of the marker Im going to make a bit more sturdy once the extended front is attached in a more solid permanent manor..(currently looking into a local company who does plastic welding)

if everything works the way id like Im going to see about having the plastic block as the forward grip (white templet section) plastic welded aswell making the main body (minus grip frame) one piece .

Ideally what Id like to do is a mod where I can relocate the reg itself running the line through a milled section towards the rear of the marker and then using an air through stock ..

I just have to get some supplies and more parts and keep the motivation going for the project..lol

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-08-2012, 03:53 AM #9
Red_Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Im not sure when it happend or how it happend but i had been unsubbed from this thread since my last post it seems, I havent seen any replies to it and had no clue a rew more posts had been made..

But I gotta say.. WOW.. the gun pictured above is awesome and more along the lines of what I had wished to go with for my sp1 project..

since I havent been playing much and have some free time im going to try to resurrect my project..

I may have a second fully working sp1 on order so I have a spare in case this goes bad.

If anyone is still paying attention Ive been wondering what type of filler or epoxy to use to mend the extended body/front shroud to the main body..

both pieces are obviously the same plastic and id want to do this as seamlessly as possible.. I have also been considering plastic welding (services can be found in my area ) depending on cost
I believe I read somewhere that the SP-1 receiver is made from Nylon 6. Not sure how that effects the plastic welding idea...
Red_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM #10
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Dog View Post
I believe I read somewhere that the SP-1 receiver is made from Nylon 6. Not sure how that effects the plastic welding idea...
glass fiber reinforced nylon.. from what the website i found said nylon is workable..

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 PM #11
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:

Sorry, but that's a Linear barrel or stock Ion barrel.

This is a Teardrop

I think you were thinking of the 2006 Progressive/Teardrop
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 AM #12
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
person who gave it to me told me the wrong barrel then.. meh, no biggie.

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-25-2012, 03:39 PM #13
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Little bit of an update...

today I decided to try epoxy out for bonding the extra front body part to the main sp1 body ..

I bought PermaPoxy by Permatex ..

its a 5 minute plastic weld epoxy and it held well.. right now im giving it more time to set , sanded a littleand looking so far.

next will be adding a little more epoxy to make sure its full strength .

after that is a paint job...

pics up soon

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-29-2012, 12:17 PM #14
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Epoxy after a bit of sanding, can be a little smoother but after a paint job and it should go more unnoticed..

distance

closer

angle (used black sharpie on the epoxy as it dries white,just to get an idea untill painted)

I started to paint as well...
using krylon fusion desert sand (camo) flat.

Ill be honest I have no idea what im doing as far as the paintjob, just figured I gotta start somewhere..think im going with a tiger stripe .

the epoxy i went with seems to hold up pretty well, before the paint job I tossed the body around a bit, knocked the front i just epoxied against a solid stone wall a hand full of times ect.. no budge,cracks breaks ect..

permatex permapoxy 5 minute plastic weld
working time is 5-6 minutes and dry in 10..full strength 24 hours, and full strength hold rates at Permanent strength up to 3500 PSI.

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 PM #15
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
did some more painting the past day and a half...

Not exactly how I would have liked But im more then happy with how it came out for a first attempt..

now on to several layers of clear coating then removing the tape thats filling any voids where the trigger would be,breach, reg ect then to re assemble and look for the nylon blank/stock I want to make the front lower section of the body from..

several layers of flat black..

tape comes off (none of the pics are of the marker assembled,just sitting next to each other )

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM #16
chaibill

really good looking sp1. I sold mini on ebay few months ago. missing it now looking at yours
Lapco t8 t9 barrel 14 inch for sale.
Mini parts stock ASA ,stock bolt. Color kits black or bronze green. Pm me with mini parts.
chaibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 PM #17
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
back together untill i find a place local that wont kill me over the price for a block of nylon or delrin to hack,saw,drill and paint for the front grip.

the place I play/ed has some night games, I didnt like having to block the mag with on hand or twisting it on or off to avoid being seen so I made a pressure switce,wired it through the body to back cap of the minimag (screwing around with wire tonight i ripped this wire,have to remake)

red filter and pressure switch

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-01-2014, 05:54 PM #18
skymonkey01

Question

Where would i find the "minimag" that was in one the pictures? And also how long is the barrel thats on the gun in the last picture? I'm looking to do something similar to what you did and I'm getting ideas.
skymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:57 PM #19
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymonkey01 View Post
Where would i find the "minimag" that was in one the pictures? And also how long is the barrel thats on the gun in the last picture? I'm looking to do something similar to what you did and I'm getting ideas.
Im not sure what youre referring to as "minimag"..

And tghe barrel I used is an 18/19 inch smart parts barrel from I think one of my old sp8s ..

This project kinda came to an end once the last above picture was done.. i havent done anything else since sadly.. but im thinking of a few things i would like to try soon and although maybe not the kriss.. something more will eventually come of it and Ill post again once it does..

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-03-2014, 06:27 AM #20
skymonkey01

Quote:
Today I screwed around with breaking my Sp1 down to start working on the KSSP1 project.

while doing so I re tried layouts with templets I cut from a piece of carboard..

so far Im liking my newer design idea a bit better then my old one ,id compare them here but the pictures have been delete it seems and lost.

I was just taking this picture for myself but the set up I was using for my sp1 before the break down.. its an extended piece from the body of another Sp1..

this is the piece I cut, I used a wooden dowl through one maglight holder into the other, then ran two screws through the holes for the screws that hold the maglight in place..

this is a shot of the templet so far..

Im not sure if Im going to take a block of plastic similar to the body of the sp1 or if im going to try to somehow use thinner sheet metal but im leaning more towards the plastic block.

The plastic block I can easily get in the same plastic and same color.
Ill be able to cut it to the same shape and will then drill a hole down through the thickness of the block for the regulater (without the grip) and have it come out the bottom of the plastic blog as its seen in the picture.

from there instead of having the minimag installed on the rail as seen in a picture above Im going to leave the mini mag mounted under the barrel.. the pressure switch cable I made will run through the extended part of the body into the plastic that the white templet represents ..

once the plastic block is made Ill make a rubber hand grip on the front section of it that wraps around the sides a little so it can be used as a forward grip itself...

where you see the rails under the front of the marker Im going to make a bit more sturdy once the extended front is attached in a more solid permanent manor..(currently looking into a local company who does plastic welding)

if everything works the way id like Im going to see about having the plastic block as the forward grip (white templet section) plastic welded aswell making the main body (minus grip frame) one piece .

Ideally what Id like to do is a mod where I can relocate the reg itself running the line through a milled section towards the rear of the marker and then using an air through stock ..

I just have to get some supplies and more parts and keep the motivation going for the project..lol
In this you said "minimag but I want to know is where to get the magazine in the First post

Quote:
Recently I purchased an sp-1.. But before that had done a little research into it to decide if that was the way i wanted to go woodsball marker wise..

in doing so I came across a handfull of mods being done to the marker itself to change the look a bit,anything from people throwing airsoft parts on to people painting them,throwing on scopes and such and nothing really thrilled me a whole lot untill coming across the sp-1 another user on pbnation had started on..(acr project by sp1 lord )

and shortly after recieving my sp1 I started thinking.. I want to mod my marker but I want it to be mine..not the standard shrouds and such.. painting it wasnt my cup of tea either despite some of the great paint jobs ive seen..

and the other day while flipping through a gun mag a picture called out to me.. roughly the same size with stock and such already but the end result of the sp-1 will be a bit longer.. I dont want to make it identical exactly but closely based comparison..

and as you may have guessed from the tittle of the post my choice is clear..

it will be based off the Kriss Super V as far as the body design goes.
This is something that (as much as I want to be done tomarrow) hasnt really even been started much past just drawing up ideas or such.

Im told i have a connection to a plastic manufacturer who sells multiple types of plastic in block/blank form and my cost would be if not nothing next to nothing in cost.

Ill be starting witt my own sp-1 which I have already added a stock matching the stock in the pick above, my next step is ordering a spare sp1 body I can cut down to add to the front of my own sp1 (much like the above pic also)

from there I will take the plastic blanks once recievd and cut,dremmel,shape them into the form I want and add a front grip (to match with an end result of pics below)

so far aside from the stock the planning (untill I get the plastic ) has only taken form in thought and in paper,I had taken some graph papper last night and cut out a sort of pattern then tapped that together to get a rough fit and idea how it will start to take shape..

even though its not even close to ready and still only the first few steps im too excited to hold off showing what im planning.. (and I figure some members may have ideas to help )

pics of Kriss Super V

Pic of rough idea with graph paper
reg will be hidden inside of body part..

again its not even close to really taking shape.The body will be exstended enough to add a front grip and still working out other details, I will update this as the project gets underway..

this will be my first mod of any marker. I cant wait.
In this post ^^
skymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 AM #21
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymonkey01 View Post
In this you said "minimag but I want to know is where to get the magazine in the First post

In this post ^^
I'm not sure where that person got the magazine, it was a real steal mag that he modified and fit to the marker..

Tiberius T9 Package